Israel War

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Israel War

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 15. Dec 23, 21:48

Its seem to go worse and worse for Israel with every day.

Aparently IDF "misidentify" as thread and killed 3 Israeli hostages:
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-mid ... type=share

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 16. Dec 23, 21:18

Did...Israel just war crime hostages that suppose to save?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67738111

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Sun, 17. Dec 23, 18:08

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 16. Dec 23, 21:18
Wow, a bit trigger-happy, aren't they? I've never been in a military but, I can imagine that as soldiers put on their uniforms and grab their weapons they're feeling pumped up and ready for action!
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 17. Dec 23, 19:55

notaterran wrote:
Sun, 17. Dec 23, 18:08
Wow, a bit trigger-happy, aren't they? I've never been in a military but, I can imagine that as soldiers put on their uniforms and grab their weapons they're feeling pumped up and ready for action!
I have never been in any army, nor in any active combat, but the quite usual story I read or hear - in a war soldiers do tend to fire in all directions not knowing which direction a fire comes from, and they do tend to shoot at anything that doesn't look like them.

To not do that, takes extra training and experience, it seems.

Not an excuse, just perspective
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 17. Dec 23, 21:54

It would likely take just one jumpy soldier to open fire (even if wrongly) and then others may join in on the basis that a threat has already been identified.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Sun, 17. Dec 23, 22:38

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 17. Dec 23, 21:54
It would likely take just one jumpy soldier to open fire (even if wrongly) and then others may join in on the basis that a threat has already been identified.
Last guy was killed some time after his friends were killed although it is unclear whether it was after he exited the building he was hiding in or while he was in the building (or something totally different). You can stretch the untrained soldiers story only so far...

But ok, stranger thing have happened.

So checking the images - the two of the three killed kinda look arabic - yeah, that is scary... Perhaps they thought shirtless, waving white flag was the new Hamas parade uniform?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 18. Dec 23, 09:05

I see a pattern here - they are going full Putin:
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/16/midd ... index.html

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 18. Dec 23, 18:03

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 18. Dec 23, 09:05
I see a pattern here - they are going full Putin:
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/16/midd ... index.html
Not a good example to mimic

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 18. Dec 23, 18:55

It's not only mimicking Putin.

With total disregard to hostage life, by-stander life and civlian life (already 20:1 K/D ratio), I start to think Netanyahu mimic moustache man and his Gleiwitz incident.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 18. Dec 23, 19:15

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 18. Dec 23, 18:55
It's not only mimicking Putin.

With total disregard to hostage life, by-stander life and civlian life (already 20:1 K/D ratio), I start to think Netanyahu mimic moustache man and his Gleiwitz incident.
This is what many Israelis have thought for a while. Recall the mass-demonstrations (300,000) against Netanyahu's moves to erode democracy and weaken the power of the courts. Some say, that recent hostilities with Hamas are exactly what Netanyahu wanted and that his philosophy is that the only good Palestinian is a dead one. Thus, all people in Gaza not wearing an Israeli uniform are fair game for killing.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 18. Dec 23, 19:19

Hamas have their perfect man for their plans perhaps

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 20:03

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 16. Dec 23, 21:18
A IDF spokesperson said today that no disciplinary action will be taken against the soldiers who fired on the hostages. They had a talk with higher ups and are still continuing to fight on the front line in Gaza.

The reporting on it reads almost like sarcasm:
The Hill wrote:“Yes, they are still on the ground, and they continue fighting, continue fighting against Hamas, and focusing their efforts on getting live hostages back and defeating Hamas,” he added when asked if the soldiers were still on the ground.
https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... ly-killed/
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 20:06

clakclak wrote:
Tue, 19. Dec 23, 20:03
They had a talk with higher ups and are still continuing to fight on the front line in Gaza.
I guess we're not far from IDF Storm-Z equivalent forming up.

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 21:53

A terrorist organization and a mini-Putin going at it, I worry about the civilian casualties after all is said and done.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Tue, 19. Dec 23, 23:59

clakclak wrote:
Tue, 19. Dec 23, 20:03

A IDF spokesperson said today that no disciplinary action will be taken against the soldiers who fired on the hostages. They had a talk with higher ups and are still continuing to fight on the front line in Gaza.
Provided the reporting about the incident was correct and IDF spokesman was precise in his statement - last guy was killed after the battalion commander of the unit ordered cease fire. That minor detail, in this context, should be enough to rotate the people in question out until some questions have been answered.
Seems that IDF is equally professional as the Putin's army....

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Wed, 27. Dec 23, 18:04

The Israeli Air Force reportedly carried out more than 50 strikes across Middle Gaza on 24-25 December, including on three refugee camps, Al Bureij, Al-Nuseirat, and Al-Maghazi. Two strikes hit seven residential buildings in Al-Maghazi camp, killing an estimated 86 Palestinians and injuring many more.
Link

I can imagine that soon the Israelis will start invoking Amalek and that sort of thing to justify more and more war crimes against Palestinians. "Genocide: the Bible says we can!"

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 27. Dec 23, 19:15

pretty crazy

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Wed, 3. Jan 24, 12:06

Well, seems like ethnic cleansing is now on the table (at least as to being talked openly about):

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-in ... tion-plan/

Previous few weeks Israels finance and security minister have called for "resettlement" of Palestinians. Back in November, intelligence minister called for similar idea.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Wed, 3. Jan 24, 20:56

Warenwolf wrote:
Wed, 3. Jan 24, 12:06
Well, seems like ethnic cleansing is now on the table (at least as to being talked openly about):

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-in ... tion-plan/

Previous few weeks Israels finance and security minister have called for "resettlement" of Palestinians. Back in November, intelligence minister called for similar idea.
I try to stay as neutral as possible in this conflict for multiple reasons, some of which are personal, but bloody hell this is a horrible idea. Everything about it is horrible. The voluntary part does not work if this is your only chance to get out of a war zone, other Palestinian refugees not having a right to return means that this meant as a temporary solution and then the country meant to take on these refugees is the Congo. A country that just was involved in the deadliest conflict since World War 2 till 2003 and is currently in yet another deadly albeit more regional conflict. I mean look at it, how the hell is a country that can not take control of that situation meant to take on refugees.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 3. Jan 24, 21:04

We will see highest level of mental gymnastic trying to explain how can you call it volundary when water, food and electricity has been cut out (and with random bombardment to encourage volunteering).

In that case I expect the West will eventually forsake Israel, which will align with Russia really fast (there is already huge Rusian-descent diaspora in Israel).

If people claim that's impossible, then I'd like to remind early in Israel history, US was aligned with Arab kindoms, while Soviet Union backed Israel - if it flipped once, it can flip again.

Return to “Off Topic English”