Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

matthewfarmery
x3

Re: Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 19:26

Your forgetting, some of these charges happened before he started to run for president again. So in that respect, he running for president to stay out of prision. So there is that. Granted that because he running again, he will say that Biden is after him, Jack Smith is going after him, and AG James. But yeah, there is something very wrong with the US aystem, if the rich can get away with stuff, so not to derail this, I can come up with a few examples. (and in the UK as well, Jimmy Savile for example)

But in Trump's case, he has managed to avoid a lot of criminal investigations. If he hadn't ran for president, then he would still be getting away with stuff. So yes, there is something wrong. But sadly, I don't see much changing. If you got the money, you can skirt around the law.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 19:43

Chips wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 17:58
Observe wrote:
Sat, 17. Feb 24, 03:34
Trump said "If I weren't running, none of this stuff would've ever happened, none of these lawsuits would've ever happened. I would've had a nice life". I think he meant "If I wasn't a crook, I would've had a nice life". I wonder if this will sour some of his supporters? Sometimes a master crook can receive admiration, but no one has much respect for an inept one.
He *may* have a point though. Is the examination down to bragging while President, or saying things he'd have likely not said otherwise and drawn attention to??
He's flown under the legal radar on this for decades but now they realise something is a bit messed up and start going for him.

I'm not saying they're targeting him, I am saying... "How many other rich people have done all sorts of dodgy stuff and get away with it for decades before being caught, if ever?" :D If it's that easy to hoodwink the system, then there's something wrong with the system. Or do they usually turn a blind eye because "people with money are super important and friends of ..."
That's not the point he was trying to make, though. That spray tanned douche isn't that nuanced. No, it was a continuation of his "witch hunt" nonsense to keep his base riled up.

If he had never run for office in the first place, it is unlikely the New York AG never would have gone after him for his fraud, but not impossible. They might not have suspected shenanigans if his whole university scam and charity scam hadn't gotten so much public attention and lead to other financial investigations.
Last edited by Vertigo 7 on Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 19:53

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 19:43
That's not the point he was trying to make, though. That spray tanned douche isn't that nuanced. No, it was a continuation of his "witch hunt" nonsense to keep his base riled up.
Ah, so because his intent was different there's absolutely no need to examine whether there are failings in the society and how it treats the successful.

I understand. Lets not cast a wider glance, who knows what it may uncover. That's certainly not how things are run in the high echelons - absolutely.

They wouldn't have it any other way :D :D

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:10

Chips wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 19:53
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Ah, so because his intent was different there's absolutely no need to examine whether there are failings in the society and how it treats the successful.

I understand. Lets not cast a wider glance, who knows what it may uncover. That's certainly not how things are run in the high echelons - absolutely.

Well I've been saying for years there's rules for them and rules for the rest of us. But, there was certainly a sequence of events that lead to where things are today. I can't say for sure how much of that was influenced by his run in 2016, but some of his actions during that campaign put a spot light on his finances.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:19

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 20:10
Chips wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 19:53
Vertigo 7 wrote:

Well I've been saying for years there's rules for them and rules for the rest of us. But, there was certainly a sequence of events that lead to where things are today. I can't say for sure how much of that was influenced by his run in 2016, but some of his actions during that campaign put a spot light on his finances.
and lets not forget, he didn't even release his tax returns, which added to his problems. They had to be leaked, and that unearthed a fair amount of wrong doing. But being president, did put a target on his back. Especailly how he handled the job, or lack of!
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 19:15

So Trump wants to negotiate with Judge Engoron, regarding the verdict, I think that is pretty laughable. Considering the insults that Trump has thrown towards the Judge and the clerk. I highly doubt much will happen. And if Trump is trying to negotiate, then it might be because Trump knows he in deep trouble. He has only until the middle of next month to pay up, (plus interest) and interest alone amounts to about 80k a day!

AG James has said that if Trump doesn't pay, then she will have the power to seize his buildings and assets. including his most profitable ones. So if he doesn't pay up soon, he probably looking at another bankruptcy. (I don't think he has the funds to pay up)

Also, the sneakers that I mentioned, at least one signed pay has reached 9k in price. while some have been sold on Ebay and got a lot. (doubt Trump will profit from them) what is more, most of the sneakers aren't available yet, as there is a small print on the seller website, which says roughly, that the sneakers will be dispatched around July time. :lol: while pre orders are common place, I think the sneakers could be a huge scam. (and they still look utter horrible) So making them, and shipping them, will cost a fair amount. And with the fines going to strap Trump for cash, I don't see these shoes happening even when they are suppose to ship.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 01:45

The saying too little too late comes to mind, seeing as the verdict has already been made but not just that normally you don't make deals with a judge if you want to make a deal you do it with the prosecution making a deal with a judge sounds way too dodgy to me like you are trying to bribe the judge so I doubt anything will come of it.

I take it you watched the presentation Trump did at sneaker con (apt name for Trump, as he is a sneaky con man) it was so darn funny, but it happens every time he does something that is out of his control, every time he makes an appearance where the audience has not been vetted and hand-picked he gets bood and jeered. Biden may not be liked, but he is tolerated while Trump is vehemently despised, and it's why he will lose the election.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 09:55

LOL! Trump has asked the judge for an extension, (another month to pay) then its clear, he doesn't have the funds to pay the fine, or do an appeal. The
vulture are circling. I say, ignore Trump's request, and move in to seize his properties, as he just trying to delay the inevitable. Especailly as there should be no deals. and Trump did insult both the judge and the clerk. Trump should have thought about this before he made that blunder.

And his lawyers need to be disbarred for wasting the courts time.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 20:42

Motion to delay, DENIED!!!!!!!

Nice going Judge, give the loser and his motley dimwitted lawyers true justice. That going to panic Trump no end. AG James is poised to do business if Trump doesn't pay. And I think the judge will easy back her in that. As for an appeal, I still don't see that happening. Unless Trump has some hidden assets locked away somewhere. And win or lose, he still going to lose that money in the process, and any buildings that were forced to be sold. (I think he may only get back the interest) So he very much broke either way)

So the clock is ticking, and by the end of the week, he has to pay another 1 million in interest.

But yeah, I hear hear Trump howl from here. Won''t be a happy bunny once he gets the news.
=

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 22:32

matthewfarmery wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 20:42
Motion to delay, DENIED!!!!!!!
Good.

Although, Trump may file for bankruptcy protection, which could nullify any fines he may have. I'm not sure if that is an option. Also, he stands to gain $4 billion from an approved merger between his media & technology group and Digital World Acquisition Corp. I definitely wouldn't count his as down and out financially at all. He still has options that may allow him to sail through these troubled waters relatively unscathed.
Last edited by Observe on Fri, 23. Feb 24, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 00:01

He won't be getting that much from that merger he was going to get something like that, but the deal fell through, but he is still on course to make a good few bucks from a merger even though the company was recently valued at something like around $4 million and not the billions he keeps trying to make out it's worth, and it is basically running at a loss. It turns out not many people actually use it, no surprise there.

That delay was also a non-starter, the reason they asked for the was for them to put a counter judgment to the court and something to do with possibly some new information, for starters what the hell is a counter judgment I have never heard of such a thing it's like them saying we don't like the court's judgment, and we want to tell the court what the judgment should be. To me their letter to Judge Engoron sounded like they didn't think the trial is over, it made little to no sense at all, so I'm not surprised Engoron told them to take a run and jump.

It's also Cannon that's also been making judgments against Trump, she has made around 3 in the past week or so which I'm also not surprised about as it was rumoured that Smith was getting ready to appeal her decisions which would have resulted in her being kicked as the judge, I have a sneaky feeling that someone from the 11TH circuit whispered in her ear that she was half-way out the door and that she had to make those decision, or she was going to be all the way out.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 18:58

So habba tried to get E Carroll's ruling stayed. But judge Kaplan has denied the motion. I guess Trump doesn't have the funds to appeal this ruling either. (which is good) and Trump is certainly starting to rack up a large payment in interest alone. either AG James will step in and enforce things, or Trump will try to get bankruptcy protection? I think if he had the money, he would have appealed both cases now. Instead, he bleeding bad. So the end is probably pretty close.

Which then leads to, what he is going to act or look like when he first goes to his criminal trial? I still say, he won't handle the pressure, and the judge there will likely put him in contempt. I also got a feeling, he might not want to show up every day, if that happens? will he be forced to go there by marshals? But anyway, being in that courtroom day after day, will really won't do him much good. And any appeals, will only prolong the trial. Which in Trump's case will be a bad thing. As he won't be out doing any rallies.

Anyway, I think the chance of him appealing is steady shrinking, and this will only add to the pressure he is under.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 20:00

He tried and failed to get both of his fines stayed and failed in both he even tried to change the address where his New York properties are registered to make it harder for them to get their hands on them, that also failed. We have been told that he has between 400 and 450 Million Dollars in cash in the banks, problem is that information came from Donald Trump, and he can't tell the truth and with the way he has been acting the last few days with his trying to get those fines halted and stayed and that he also had to use company money to pay the original Carroll fine I suspect that he doesn't have anything in cash, and he cannot take out a loan and no bondsman will touch him he also cannot just sell or finance any of his properties as he has lost control of them and needs to get the monitor's permission to do anything, and they can say no. I suspect he is in a pretty serious position right now and is one step closer to a personal bankruptcy.

Here's something you may not have heard, on Friday a Wisconsin ethics committee recommended that Trumps save America PAC and others be charges with money laundering. It turns out Trump was supporting a candidate in Wisconsin for Governor (I think) and he used the save America PAC to help finance his campaign the rules state you can only donate a maximum of $1000 to any candidate, so they used a fake company to filter more than the allowed $1000 to his candidate which is illegal. So Trumps PAC is going to need all of that money to protect themselves from prosecution and not just Trump. Everything he touches turns out to be a crime in the making.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 20:15

And will be interesting if Lara Trump makes it to Co RNC chair. and if she can divert money to help in Trump's legal fees? From what I read, they only got about 8 million in the bank. So if she had her way, RNC will be even deeper in the red.

But yeah, I think bankruptcy is very much a certainly at this stage. I hope it comes soon, then he will lose everything. Even better if he loses his so called home in the process. and might be forced to move. (and if he does, NY won't want him back!!!) (and hopefully all his buildings will be under the hammer)

Can't have happened to a nicer guy :lol:
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 26. Feb 24, 15:05

So Habba is still saying, that she / Team Trump is looking forward to the appeal. But if they were going to appeal, they should have done it already. Especially with the interest mounting. Win or lose, Trump will lose the money, apart from the interest) But the real question is, lets say it does go to appeal, will it be overturned? I don't personally think so. And especially with Trump struggling financiers, its still a lot to lose. Was there fraud? YES! Did Trump get a good defence? NO!!! both the paid witnesses and Trump's defence in general was really bad. And lets not forget it was trial by judge, not by jury. And Habba rightly or wrongly is to blame for that.

So what chance could an appeal make? even if one judge does somehow side with Trump, at most, I only see the fine being lowered. (which he would have paid pluss interest, and only get the interest back if successful) So, not really a win.

I think everything else will stand, the special monitor, Trump banned from serving as exec in any company for 3 years. I really don't see much point in appealing. Of course, Habba is saying what Trump wants her to say, but she I think will be gone in a bit, or the cash will stop flowing, then she will probably change her tune, and her career will be in taters and large bills to pay off.

So yeah, I think the appeal will be a dead end, and will be a costly one at that. And the more they leave it, the more expensive it will become anyway. I still don't see him managing to do it, in all honestly. And he certainly getting more and more desperate.

Edit,

So Trump has stumped up the cash for an appeal, as the paperwork was done by Friday. I still say, its a risky move for Trump, and I still don't think everything will be overturned, if anything. We will see what happens. But I really hope it fails.

Edit 2

Still no bond, so no stay on the judgement. So even though there is an appeal, its not going anywhere without the bond. Still, he still got to cough up the cash.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 26. Feb 24, 19:51

It's a risky move not paying a bond or the fine as he will still be accumulating the interest at around £111,000 per day, and not just that if he hasn't paid a bond or the full amount by the time thirty days have passed, Letitia James will be able to start seizing his property and assets, meanwhile an appeal could take years and by the time it comes around he could have lost everything and the fine could basically have doubled, and he will probably lose the appeal. I would say who ever is advising him is an idiot, but we already know that.

Another thing it tells us, there is no way he has the amount of money he tries to make out that he has.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 27. Feb 24, 19:13

Doesn't look like Trump has yet to pay the bond, so why bother filing one, when there is no money? Unless it was on the orders of Trump, and he thought by filing it, it will stop the clock? its the only explanation I can come up with. Besides, if there was money, it would require (I assume) a new filing, to say, how much money has been given, and where it came from? (I again assume) So the old paperwork would be out of date, and null and void.

Im other news, Trump has tried going back to the E Carroll judge, and say that he too rich to pay a bond, to appeal the case. But the judge has dismissed that. And quite frankly, there was no way he would have got away with it. So Trump doesn't have the funds to appeal that ruling either.

Braggs prosecutors have ask the judge who will be doing the hush money criminal trial, to put a limited gag order on Trump, and Team Trump, aren't happy with the news. Also, regarding that case, Team Trump has tried a last ditch effort to derail the whole case, by trying to prevent witnesses who Trump paid to keep quiet, to removed from from the trial. So that includes Stormy Daniels and others. But I doubt anything will happen. But its a clear desperate move, and proves, that those witnesses could very well spill the beans on what Trump was up to, during the period.

So, all in all, not looking good for him at all. :lol:
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 28. Feb 24, 01:40

It's getting pretty hard to keep up, he is making so many attempts to stay all of his legal woes, and they pretty much have one thing in common, they all just keep on getting denied.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 28. Feb 24, 18:14

Now. Trump is saying, he is going to post a 100 mill bond for the NY fraud case, as he is saying, he doesn't need to put up more.

That is just going to get laughed out of court. And it won't stop the clock. While he is appealing the decision, it not stopping the clock. And there is no way to know, even if or when the appeal court will look at the case. (but without the full amount, the clock is still very much ticking) And he doesn't have long for the E Carroll case either. And seems no bond for that.

Who ever is advising him, needs to be fired. But then again, Trump likes to surround himself with yes men.

I don't see him paying, as he clearly not got the cash.
=

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 29. Feb 24, 07:52

Sale of Trump's assets might start March 23, 2024.

Scotus has agreed to hear Trump's immunity arguments meaning that some of his trials may be delayed until after the November election.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/28/politics ... index.html

Return to “Off Topic English”