Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

matthewfarmery
x3

Re: Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 6. Mar 24, 20:47

Musk clearly must have seen that any money going to Trump, will go straight to his legal fees. So, not surprised that Musk pulled out of that. But I bet Trump isn't happy with it. And better watch out Musk, you made an enemy out of him. Next thing, Trump will be spewing BS about him. (Which to be fair, would be justified!!)

So, again, Trump's team is depending a new trial for the E Carroll case, lol. Still doesn't seem he put up the money for appeal, even though Trump's team keep on claiming that they will win it. (If they so confident on winning that, why no money to appeal? (broke of course) And of course, he has only to the weekend, so time is very much running out. But I bet he will howl in rage, once the time is up and the judge enforces payment, (whatever that might be)

Seem lijke many of the GOP are now endorsing Trump. Not a good thing. And the RNC are starting to waver on paying his legal fees, thinking that they should. (and let them, and go broke in the process) the fools.
=

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 00:12

Trump is meeting with Orban. Orban apparently won't be meeting Biden. Might be to get orders from Putin via Orban?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... da-hungary

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 09:36

That just seems so dodgy. That should not really be allowed. Especailly if he isn't going to meet anyone from the Biden admin. What could he even want with Trump? unless you say, secret orders from Putin himself. Just seems real dodgy.

In other news, Trump has found himself a new lawyer, can't find the link to the page, but by the looks of it, this lawyer has very little experience in the courtroom. Also, the judge has yet again struck down the motion for Trump to delay payment. Tomorrow is crunch time. Pay up or shut up.

Edit,

Looks like Loose Cannon is going to hear arguments to get the case thrown out!!! I mean seriously, what BS is that? Trump's team is citing president immunity and presidential records act as their main sources. This woman needs her head examined. And why the DOJ hasn't appealed to the 11th appeal court yet, I really don't know. If she does side with Trump, and I bet there will be a strong chance of that. Then Trump will have won.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 17:43

In the NY criminal trial of his high orangeness, Judge Merchan has ordered that the jury be anonymous to protect them from the orange one and his lawyers. Trial is set to begin 3/25.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 17:59

Don't know if this has been mentioned in the States, but Trump tried to sue Orbis Business Intelligence over the Steele dossier from 2016 last month the Judge threw the case out saying it wouldn't get anywhere, which everyone told Trump when he started to go down that path yesterday the Judge ordered Trump to pay Orbis Business Intelligence their legal fees which comes to around £600.000 he has to pay £300,000 right now and the rest will be worked out to how much it exactly is. By the time you add in his own legal fees, you are looking at another $1 million plus bill for him to pay and all for nothing, and he was told it would happen, the guy has the brain of a shrew.

Meanwhile, he has coughed up $91 Million for the E. Jean Carroll bond, so just another $460 million to find in the next couple of weeks.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 18:19

Looks like a group called the "Federal Insurance Company" issued him a bond in the amount of $91,630,000. :lol: they must be mad, I mean, Trump couldn't put up the money himself, so somehow get a bond's company to do it far him, I say good luck with getting their money back, as I think he will lose the appeal and the money to boot. I don't even think the bond's company realises this? How could they be so stupid? And seems pretty late to do the appeal as well.

Lets see what happens, but I hope the appeal court side with E Carroll and Trump will be forced to cough up the money for the bond, to pay the company back.

Technically, he hasn't put up the money. Company by the name of Chubb did.

Chubb, a century-old insurance corporation based in New Jersey with a history of working with Trump.

So this company did appraisals for Trump, talk about some dodgy goings on. So Trump clearly had something on this group, to make them pay the bond? Doesn't seem legal to me. But I doubt Trump will be able to get this company to pay half a billion, as it probably will be blocked by the special monitor, at least, not without a background check. So yeah, a real gang of crooks.

Edit, the more I read into this, the dodgier it seems. I really hope the judge blocks this, because that money clearly come from somewhere, and probably been put up by someone else. This group is a global insurance company, but still doesn't sound legal, not in the slightest. Saudi's maybe? of that man who came to visit Trump recently? But yeah, I don't he will get this group to put up half a billion, and I doubt the special monitor will approve it.

The judge has given E Carroll a chance to object to Trump's payment plan, if there is an objection, there will be a hearing. So lets see how this plays out. She should object, this isn't Trump's money. So, Trump got someone else to put up the bond, but not him. So yes, please object E Carroll, and question who put up the bond, and what did Trump offer in return? As this need scrutiny, Hopefully E Carroll's lawyer at least will be on the job and ask these kinds of questions.
=

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 10:09

burger1 wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 24, 00:12
Trump is meeting with Orban. Orban apparently won't be meeting Biden. Might be to get orders from Putin via Orban?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... da-hungary
matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 24, 09:36
That just seems so dodgy. That should not really be allowed. Especailly if he isn't going to meet anyone from the Biden admin. What could he even want with Trump? unless you say, secret orders from Putin himself. Just seems real dodgy.
Not a smart move from Trump.
Orban is literally toxic snake - betrayed Europe for Putin, now is betraying Putin and Europe for China.
Now wanna be buddies with Trump? China might not like it.

Biden not meeting Orban is a good move.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 12:47

So E Carroll has responded, and the judge will he holding a meeting Monday. Hopefully he will get to the bottom on where this money exactly comes from, and what did Trump offer in return? What is more, from the bond filings, it appears this bond only covers an appeal to the second circuit, so if Trump loses, he will have to put up the money again to continue the fight.

The thing is, this should be rasing red flags, I thought there were laws to prevent a president being in a foreign country's pocket? (so this should be pushing pressure on Trump, not to continue with the race) As this insurance company has ties to Russia. And also, I wonder what the shareholders of Chubbs will be saying about this move? So yes, red flags all round. And if there is enough doubt about the bond, it should be rejected by the court.

Then there is the large fine, does Trump expect the company to bail him out there? as it really should be ringing alarm bells if that is the case.

So, the big question is, what does Chubb or whoever put up the money want in return? As Trump won't be able to pay them back, so what is in for them? As its fool's money.

Another thing I learnt, is that Trump will start to get intelligence briefings soon. I mean, this is totally bonkers!!!! So with the classified docs case, the bond, Trump shouldn't be allowed near an intelligence briefing. As there is a good chance, whatever Trump knows, someone else will. Surely that can;t be allowed?

Madness, sheer madness.
=

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 14:02

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 24, 12:47
Another thing I learnt, is that Trump will start to get intelligence briefings soon. I mean, this is totally bonkers!!!! So with the classified docs case, the bond, Trump shouldn't be allowed near an intelligence briefing. As there is a good chance, whatever Trump knows, someone else will. Surely that can;t be allowed?
Definately no good idea in the light of Trump meeting Orban. Any remaining instinct of self-preserving of the american society should scream out loud now.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 14:38

matthewfarmery wrote:
Wait, what?
Is that the US thing to brief all presidential candiates many months before the election?
Surely there shouldn't be anything classified in such briefings no matter if it's Trump or anybody else?

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 16:52

Not sure, I just read a headline, but seems pretty concerning, never the less.

So, I was thinking, Now that Trump has accepted this money, why not do both fines in one go? I mean, if Chubb doesn't put up the cash for the second fine, then why bother doing the first? Because if Trump declares bankruptcy, then wouldn't AG James get first dips on the properties? Even those that Trump might have put up as collateral to pay the first fine? So why bother bailing Trump out, if they aren't going to bail him out for a second time? and why wait as well, when interest is piling up on the second fine. Or would that have cause too much noise?

So again, what is the point in bailing him at all? As Chubbs may likely not get anything in return, even seizing Trump's assets might be difficult. And if Chubbs does bail him out for a second time, then surely that will raise even bigger red flags across the board? I highly doubt Trump really had thought this through? because if Chubbs don't get their money's worth, then Trump might get a nasty accident at some stage. Not the kind of people you want to say no too.

Which still says, Trump is a major security risk here on in. OK, he was the first time, but now he in the spotlight. So he actions will be scrutinised a whole lot more. This should be investigated at the very least. I hope the FBI will. As Trump surely has blown any chance of getting back in the WH now? surely?
=

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 21:10

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 24, 16:52
As Trump surely has blown any chance of getting back in the WH now? surely?
How so? I don't see anything standing in the way of Trump's return to the White House. Certainly, it seems Trump's legal challenges have done nothing to dissuade Republican support. Even if there are some Republicans who dislike Trump, their intense dislike of Biden eclipses everything.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 9. Mar 24, 23:35

I just learned that Allen Weisselberg Trumps ex CFO pleaded guilty to perjury in court this past week and is expected to be sentenced to jail sometime during Trumps upcoming trial, which starts in just over two weeks time. What this has done is all but removed Allen Weisselberg as a potential witness as nothing he says can be taken as being honest or truthful and this hurts Trumps defence more than the prosecutor's case. Not just that, Allen Weisselberg has also sacked Alina Habba as his attorney, probably as she was given him bad advice because as soon as he replaced her with his new attorneys his tactics changed. With all of that and the way she acted over Weisselberg's towards the judge and that he was also one of her clients during the trial that he committed the perjury offence, she is more than likely in some pretty serious trouble, if I was her I would be seeking out a good and competent lawyer, someone that is the exact opposite of what she is.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 09:37

Observe wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 24, 21:10
matthewfarmery wrote:
How so? I don't see anything standing in the way of Trump's return to the White House. Certainly, it seems Trump's legal challenges have done nothing to dissuade Republican support. Even if there are some Republicans who dislike Trump, their intense dislike of Biden eclipses everything.
Your missing the point, Trump is now indebted to someone, it's not even clear on the form, where the money exactly comes from. So what if the money is Russian? That means that Russia has a corrupt president in their pockets? See the problem? As I thought there were suppose to be laws that prevent a president from being in control by a foreign power? would that extend to someone who is trying to get back into the WH? There is now way that Trump will be able to pay whoever owns him off, not if he does go bankrupt near the end of the month, unless that same body bails him out there too, and that will certainly mean, Trump is beholden to someone. The media needs to ask questions on who?

Especially if the money is Russian. This should not be allowed.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 11:54

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 24, 09:37
Observe wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 24, 21:10
matthewfarmery wrote:
Your missing the point, Trump is now indebted to someone, it's not even clear on the form, where the money exactly comes from. So what if the money is Russian? That means that Russia has a corrupt president in their pockets? See the problem? As I thought there were suppose to be laws that prevent a president from being in control by a foreign power? would that extend to someone who is trying to get back into the WH? There is now way that Trump will be able to pay whoever owns him off, not if he does go bankrupt near the end of the month, unless that same body bails him out there too, and that will certainly mean, Trump is beholden to someone. The media needs to ask questions on who?

Especially if the money is Russian. This should not be allowed.
Well the Orange one has put his other daughter in charge of the RNC now so all of their funds are his. But as to your point of foreign funding, that already is illegal but... come on... the orange one obeying laws?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 12:11

It depends where the money comes from, as the insurance company is very PRO Russian. And it might not be the insurance company that did do the bond. Which is why this needs to be investigated.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 12:15

felter wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 24, 23:35
I just learned that Allen Weisselberg Trumps ex CFO pleaded guilty to perjury in court this past week and is expected to be sentenced to jail sometime during Trumps upcoming trial, which starts in just over two weeks time. What this has done is all but removed Allen Weisselberg as a potential witness as nothing he says can be taken as being honest or truthful and this hurts Trumps defence more than the prosecutor's case. Not just that, Allen Weisselberg has also sacked Alina Habba as his attorney, probably as she was given him bad advice because as soon as he replaced her with his new attorneys his tactics changed. With all of that and the way she acted over Weisselberg's towards the judge and that he was also one of her clients during the trial that he committed the perjury offence, she is more than likely in some pretty serious trouble, if I was her I would be seeking out a good and competent lawyer, someone that is the exact opposite of what she is.
Indeed, it's a criminal offence, for a defence lawyer, if they know that their client has committed perjury under oath. So yes, she going to probably get the book thrown at her. And it would be good riddance. But that advice would have been orders from Trump, "tell him to keep his mouth shut, or lie through his teeth" or words to that effect. So Hopefully she will find herself disbarred, and good riddance.

edit

On Monday, the bond will go through conformance law, so it will get checked out. I hope it fails, and hopefully we can discover who paid the bond (Where the money originally came from). because if there is anything dodgy with the bond, then the court should reject it. and that will also prevent any appeals. But the big question then is, is the money E Carrols? or if rejected outright, will it get torn up? Going to be interesting to see if it passses the test. And Again, maybe we can find out the origins of the bond, and who Trump is indebted too?

Edit 2

But again, there is no point in baling him out, if he is going to probably go bankrupt in a few weeks. If he can't pay this, then there is zero chance of paying half a billion. So will the insurance company bail him out there? Again, will be dodgy as anything. But it wouldn't surprise me if the same insurance company bails him out for half a billion, but then again, it would have to go through the special monitor then,and would get scrutinised like no tomorrow.

Otherwise, no point in bailing him out at all, if ruin is coming.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 16:43

It seems that Trump just couldn't keep his mouth shut against E Carroll, he did the same on Saturday. Which then means, the bond might be rejected by the Judge, and will hand E Carroll the money? So the money is lost. Which then sparks an interesting question, what is the insurance company going to do? Because its not clear on the form, what collateral, Trump used to secure the bond.

So, if the money is lost, then could it be, that the insurance company will then have first dibs on his properties? As there will be no way Trump will pay up. which then means, that it won't be AG James's people who will turn up to seize properties, but the insurance company's'. I wonder what assets they might seize?

I'm also wondering if this was the game plan, to seize Trump's assets before AG James gets them? buildings like Trump tower, and other buildings that might have had Russians in them, what if, this is to take them over and then get rid of any Russian involvement with Trump? Is this far fetched? or could there be a ring of logic to it?

Whoever put up the bond, either didn't know Trump very well, or DID! Maybe expecting him to open his mouth once more, and a golden opportunity to claim his assets for themselves. AND, perhaps it could have been a test, to see if Trump was worth bailing out, as he has very likely screwed his chance of appeal, and screwed up $91m, then he won't be trusted to be helped with the much larger issue. And by seizing his assets first, it will also cripple any chance of paying any money. Which means he probably going to be toast, and perhaps even homeless. Could this have been part of the plan to destroy him?

I don't think Trump will realise what is going to happen on Monday, he might end up being in a world of hurt, and one of his own making.
=

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 18:12

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 24, 14:38
matthewfarmery wrote:
Wait, what?
Is that the US thing to brief all presidential candiates many months before the election?
Surely there shouldn't be anything classified in such briefings no matter if it's Trump or anybody else?
All past US presidents have access to intelligence briefings. Not all of them choose to take them, but some do. And their are classified I am pretty sure.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 10. Mar 24, 19:55

Sounds weird; they're no longer elected representatives of the country and should have zero authority or position of office required to see classified intelligence.

Are you sure they have access to intel briefings?

Return to “Off Topic English”