Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Re: Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Post by felter » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 23:05

The 12 jurors have been picked along with 1 alternative, which leave 5 more alternatives to be picked, probably happen tomorrow, which means the trial should probably start in earnest next Monday. Meanwhile, the prosecution is up to at least 10 counts of Trump breaking the gag order, with probably more to come.

EDIT:

It's interesting that a lot of them that were saying that Trump couldn't or shouldn't be imprisoned are now on the main stream American press saying Trump needs to be imprisoned right now for everyone's good and safety, as it is the only way to stop him from misbehaving and potentially getting someone hurt or even worse killed. Also, that idiot on Fox News that did everything apart from mentioning the jurors actual name to let the world know who they are, is taking a massive hit to his own reputation, I would think he is possibly putting his own life on the line as it is being shown just what he was doing and there are nutters on both sides, they are not just on Trumps side. But yeah I can see Trump being jailed till the end of the trial if he keeps going the way he is going, and the thing is at the end of the day how he is acting will not help him, if anything it is just going to make things worse for him.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 10:24

I think the judge may rule on Trump on Tuesday, as the judge wanted the jury selection over. I do hope Trump gets his ass kicked. He has clearly violated the gag order. And if the judge doesn't do anything, Trump will win and will become worse.

Also, Trump is now complaining on how cold the room is, well, there is a simple way to deal with that, wear a fleece. He been in Florida for too long. And another lie he said after the trial ended on Thursday, that Trump wanted to go to different states, and that the trial was preventing him, not technically, true. He stay home on Wednesday, didn't do a thing.

So roll onto to the trial itself, Trump will not like this at all.

Edit
There are two types of contempt, 1, in front of the judge, and 2, outside of the judge's view. And if that happens, "second type of contempt" a hearing needs to be held. And this is what the judge has done. and it will be Tuesday. So far Trump has racked up seven contempt charges. So it really depends what the judge plans on doing. He could say, that is all strike 2. and one more time, prision. But I think we are way past that. But we will see on Tuesday.
=

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 13:39

matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 10:24
Also, Trump is now complaining on how cold the room is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ISoGg5MfM

Just a short and easy way to find out the latest; watch the late night show highlights :)

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 17:52

Trump caught napping for the forth day of trial. I bet he be sleeping most of the time. His late nights are starting to catch up with him. Maybe he would be better in a cell? :lol:
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 20:39

Some nutter has doused himself with lighter fluid and set himself on fire outside the court, He threw pamphlets into the air shortly before doing so, but no one knows what they said or why he did it, right now he is in a critical condition in hospital and that is all there is known right now.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 21:03

felter wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 20:39
Some nutter has doused himself with lighter fluid and set himself on fire outside the court, He threw pamphlets into the air shortly before doing so, but no one knows what they said or why he did it, right now he is in a critical condition in hospital and that is all there is known right now.
Not trying to be harsh - but lets not dehumanise this with "some nutter"; they're a human, who its possibly presumptuous to say, is unlikely in a sound mental state.

Hope they survive, recover, and get the help they require.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 22:23

As far as I have heard, the best thing is for him to possibly do is pass on, as he is not in a good way. I have had a bad burn before, and they are not fun, while they have taken it to the next level and I doubt very much there is much that can be done to help him both medically and mentally, at the end of the day they are going to be in a world of hurt that I wouldn't want to wish on anyone.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 08:03

The man died early Saturday, but no time was given. May he find peace in death, then he found in life.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 17:20

On Monday Judge Engoron will be looking at the bond payment of $175.000, and it looks like the New York AG did a Trump as they did a filling to Judge Engoron on Friday with some pretty good reasoning on the bond being refused they pretty much go onto calling it fraudulent and illegal. As they left it till Friday and the issue being looked at on the following Monday meant there was no time for Trump's lawyers to respond, that's about as Trump as you can get.

Trump himself was also complaining that the courtroom was too cold, the temperature must have been interfering with his nap time, someone needs to give him a blanky. But that isn't the only complaints that are doing the rounds it seems like more than a few are complaining the Trump reeks and the smell is pretty vile one report said he fell asleep, and you could hear him passing wind and his lawyers visibly turning up their nose at the smell issuing from him, this is not the first time that he has been accused of being smelly.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 17:33

Guess someone forgot to change his diaper! :lol: This is going to get worse as he will be under a lot of stress when he starts hearing from the witnesses. As for the bond, I have very high hopes it will be rejected, which cause him to go fully meltdown. Everything about the bond is dodgy, and should be rejected. And trump will no doubt stink even more, once he hears the news!!
=

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 20:50

Weird thing is if the courtroom was cold, it's hard to fall asleep. When it's warm, it's incredibly easy to doze off.

So I think he's just trying to blow hot air to the supporters with "I'm treated so badly, no-one has ever been treated as badly as I have before" type codswallop.

But I still have little faith that these trials are going to really do much... financially maybe, but beyond that? The fact that so many support him (is it him, or is it because he's Republican candidate?) is a real worry for the state of Politics in America (amplified that Biden is the best the Democrats could manage).

Since that's coming from someone in the UK, that's *really* saying something.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 22:57

So Trump tried to get the trial stopped again for attempt number 12 (I think it is), I also think it is the fourth time he has tried the excuse I can't get an unbiased jury, even though the jury has been picked, and he was even involved in its selection. Seriously, the guy is like a broken record, continuously playing the same tune over and over again.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 16:29

So today it is opening statements and then the first witness will be called, and the prosecution has announced their first witness will be David Pecker and if Trump thinks this dude will lie for him on the stand he is about to get e rude awakening, this is not going to be a pretty start for Trump.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 17:59

So again, reports of Trump falling asleep in court. And also, there maybe another reason for Trump's canned rally on Saturday, as Trump claimed there was bad weather that is stoping the rally from happening, but reports say, that there wasn't. It's possible he might have been talked out of it.

also in other news, the NY fraud case judge is very dubious of the bond. Not outrightly rejected it yet, but I think there is still a good chance that it will be. So stay tuned!!!

Edit

Early possible news
The New York Attorney General's Office and lawyers for Donald Trump reached a deal on Monday, allowing the former president's $175 bond to stand on certain conditions and essentially tossing Attorney General Letitia James' request.
I call that bullcrap. I wonder what conditions? I mean seriously, I would have hoped the bond would have been rejected. For AG James to reach a deal, seems silly. playing right into Trump's hands. Should have rejected it.

Seems one of the conditions is that the money is taken out of Trump's hands so he can't take anything from the account. Still, I would have rejected the bond on merit. given him this just seems silly and dumb. Guess Trump can rest easy for a while, until the appeal court looks this over.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 17:49

So $1000 per violation, and a small warning not to do it again. and the prosecution isn't seeking jail time for Trump. Haven't they not learnt anything? I mean, Trump won't shut up until things get more serious, and more serious sanctions. Again a three tiered justice system. I wonder when the line will be crossed? As you can bet, Trump will carry on with his atacks, until someone has the balls to stop him.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 12:07

matthewfarmery wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 24, 17:59
So again, reports of Trump falling asleep in court. And also, there maybe another reason for Trump's canned rally on Saturday, as Trump claimed there was bad weather that is stoping the rally from happening, but reports say, that there wasn't. It's possible he might have been talked out of it.

also in other news, the NY fraud case judge is very dubious of the bond. Not outrightly rejected it yet, but I think there is still a good chance that it will be. So stay tuned!!!

Edit

Early possible news
The New York Attorney General's Office and lawyers for Donald Trump reached a deal on Monday, allowing the former president's $175 bond to stand on certain conditions and essentially tossing Attorney General Letitia James' request.
I call that bullcrap. I wonder what conditions? I mean seriously, I would have hoped the bond would have been rejected. For AG James to reach a deal, seems silly. playing right into Trump's hands. Should have rejected it.

Seems one of the conditions is that the money is taken out of Trump's hands so he can't take anything from the account. Still, I would have rejected the bond on merit. given him this just seems silly and dumb. Guess Trump can rest easy for a while, until the appeal court looks this over.

The condition is that the money is being held in a secure account and the nutters can't touch it unless the courts rule in favor of the orange one.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 17:57

As far as I'm aware that $1.000 is actually the maximum they can ask for and that's per accusation so it works out at $10K. There is also a possible jail sentence of up to 30 days, while they never asked for the jail sentence it's not actually what they are after, they're after more like 30 years than 30 days. It was a really bad day for Trump as even his lawyer was called out and told he was losing all credibility, as he was claiming one thing after the other but could not show any form of evidence of what he was claiming and for a lawyer of Todd Blanche's stature that's the last thing he wants to hear a judge saying to him. But it wasn't just that, turns out Trumps Secret Service detail have been talking to those who run the prison service on possible arrangements for Trump being jailed, so while Trump is telling his supporters he is not going to go to jail even his own protection service thinks he is probably going to end up in jail. It's interesting as they are saying Trump cannot be put into jail along with the general population because he will be killed, is that because there has been threats made against him in prison or just speculation, who knows. There have been a few ideas thrown around on just how he can be looked after in jail as the Secret Service will have to be housed alongside him, the one thing that they all have in common is that he is going to have to be housed in solitary confinement.

The other thing about the contempt and his actions outside the courtroom, is at the end of the day if he is found guilty, all of these actions will be taken into account, the judge will look at things like has he shown any kind of remorse or regrets or was he just ignorant, arrogant and belligerent and having a contempt claim against him is not a good thing at the end that could be the final nail in his coffin and push him into a jail sentence. There is a reason they tell you not to say anything about your trial and that is to protect yourself from yourself, and for some insane unknown reason Trump just cannot grasp this, even his previous trial they were using his actions outside the courtroom as evidence against him but yet he continues, there is a reason you get a picture of Donald Trump when you google stupid.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 18:16

Just another reason I class all his lawyers as dumb as bricks. Even Blanche has fallen to the lowest of the low. If he can't control Trump, and his lawyers don't seem to want too, or be able too. Then I say, they are defending a lost cause. From what I have read, the testimony from David Pecker seems really damning. And interesting that Trump has yet to attack him at all? Still, I still see Trump attacking people, the pressure will continue to build, and his all night caps won't be helping his case either.

Anyway, the judge will decide on the contempt charges tomorrow. and David Pecker will also testify for a third day. Also another thing, I wonder if Trump's wife will show up in court? I have my doubts, but would be interesting if she does and is forced to take the stand, she could very well destroy what little defence Trump has. And to me, Trump has no defence to speak off.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 18:34

It's not just the wife, it's anyone as no one has shown him any kind of support, no son or daughter they are all keeping well away. But it's not just family Trump has been crying out for his supporters to turn up and protest, but even they are keeping away, yesterday there was a total of one protester turned up on Trump's behalf. Meanwhile, Trump is trying to make out that the police are stopping them from getting near the court, but yet the television stations are clearly showing that vehicles are traversing the road in front of the courthouse and pedestrians are walking up and down the pathways and yet there is just that single protester that got access that he says they cannot get, then the question is how did they manage it.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 20:22

Looks like SCOTUS is leaning towards some immunity for a president / ex prez, and they might throw the case back to the lower court to decide what are public acts and what are private. Which will delay the J6 case by a lot. That lot has totally lost their minds. I would have hope they would have rejected the whole immunity argument, outright. But they seem to be in favour of some immunity.

This is a win for Trump on several levels, and gets him the needed delay. This is totally screwed up.

I think US democracy is on its last legs, and that corrupt SCOTUS judges made this possible. If Trump gets back in, he will be emperor for life. A very sad day in American history.
=

Return to “Off Topic English”