Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

burger1
x3tc

Re: Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Post by burger1 » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 07:58

Trump might just mortgage his properties vs sell them. Which should also be interesting.

Paul Manafort who was released from prison and has ties to Russian might be brought in to help trumps campaign.

Judge cannon should have been remove a while ago. So should have some of the supreme court.

Fani Willis is still on the case despite Trump trying to get rid off her/ extend the trial/ get charges dismissed.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 09:20

For Cannon, Smith could have had her removed a while back, asking for witnesses was one, yet Jack Smith did give her some of the names. But now, I think ita going to be a head shot. as she is clearly out of her mind.

It seems that Trump was hoping Chubb would bail him out a second time, however this time, they have refused. Saying that liquid assets are required, not buildings. Seems, he was talkking to the group for a while, but last week, pulled out. So no doubt by now, panic mode is sinking in and he doesn't have long to come up with the cash. And I doubt he will. The problem with a few of his properties, they are already leveraged to the hilt, so he might not get as much as he would like. This could turn him into a major security risk mind, using any remaining classified documents as a bargaining chip? I wouldn't put it past him. But hopefully, there won't be anyone to come rescuing him a second time.

And yes, he is the only one to blame for all of this. especially after what he said about NATO, and many of the countries in it aren't paying their bills.

Edit

Then again, Chubb probably got some blowback after posting the 91m bond, and of course Trump blow that. So it means that the bond is in essence worthless. They should withdraw it. They are probably wishing they hadn't put up the bond. But yeah, after that, only liquid assets or no deal.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 14:51

AG James is saying that she ready to start seizing his properties on Monday. However, I wonder how easy that will be? No doubt she will have all the details. But if most if not all of his properties are leveraged to the hilt, then banks might end up getting involved. chubb will likely want their share as well.

If Trump declares bankruptcy, how much protection will that give him? will creditors / AG James will still be able to claims his property after a pause? Then there is how much money will Trump has in cash? especially if banks start to reclaim what they are owed? I suppose he could start diverting funds from his PAC fund, RNC, but would he get away with that? I think once every unravels, he going to find it hard to keep his head above water. So how long before his money dries up? and if that does, he probably will be forced to stop paying his lawyers, (which will be a good thing, if they walk)

While its possible that someone might basil him out still, I don't see it happening, not now, and especailly if Chubb has pulled out. Don't see anyone else coming to his aid. So yeah, once this starts sinking in, he going to have a major meltdown. (very likely)
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 22. Mar 24, 19:07

So Trump has gone on record, to say he has half a billion, but doesn't want to spend it on the appeal??? Yet his lawyers are saying the complete opposite. One of them is clearly lying. And if Trump did have the funds, why hasn't he not used it? So far, still no bond, as far as I can see.

Also, the merger of his Truth social media platform has been approved, but, while the valuation of the shares that he has is around 3 billion, the shares are starting to nose dive. Also, he will need the approval of the directors to sell, otherwise he will have to wait for 6 months to sell them. And who will be foolish enough to buy his shares? especially if they do start tanking. So this deal won't save him. And if no bond by Monday, fire sale.
=

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 22. Mar 24, 19:15

.. or they cobble together yet another exception for him. :o

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 22. Mar 24, 21:25

There is a clause in the contract that stops anyone from offloading shares quickly and also only after 6 months. to waive that, Trump needs the votes from the directors, and he controls 4 out of 7. Still with the share price dropping, not sure what he will get, or if it will help him Monday, I doubt it.
=

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 24. Mar 24, 21:21

tic-tac - only a few hours left... :clock:

Spoiler
Show

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 25. Mar 24, 08:50

I don't see him doing it, then he will rage once the time is up and assets gets seized.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 25. Mar 24, 17:22

A New York appeals court on Monday agreed to hold off collection of former President Donald Trump’s $454 million civil fraud judgment — if he puts up $175 million within 10 days.

So Trump is getting a major break, by allowing him to put in a smaller bond! but he tried to put up 100m and that was rejected. I don't understand why they will allow a smaller bond? That seems bloody stupid to me. Why give this this corrupt POS such a lifeline, is beyond me.

And the Hush money judge scowled Trump's lawyers who have again tried to delay the case, saying, they have no case to delay things farther.

Bt anyway, talk about a two tiered justice system regarding the first point.
=

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 25. Mar 24, 17:58

matthewfarmery wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 24, 17:22
A New York appeals court on Monday agreed to hold off collection of former President Donald Trump’s $454 million civil fraud judgment — if he puts up $175 million within 10 days.

So Trump is getting a major break, by allowing him to put in a smaller bond! but he tried to put up 100m and that was rejected. I don't understand why they will allow a smaller bond? That seems bloody stupid to me. Why give this this corrupt POS such a lifeline, is beyond me.

And the Hush money judge scowled Trump's lawyers who have again tried to delay the case, saying, they have no case to delay things farther.

Bt anyway, talk about a two tiered justice system regarding the first point.
Perfect time to quote myself - sadly
chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 22. Mar 24, 19:15
.. or they cobble together yet another exception for him. :o

Spoiler
Show

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 25. Mar 24, 18:11

Certainly seems so, what a load of crap, seriously, how dumb are the appeal court? Yeah, above the law. and it shows.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 22:43

I have said before, and I will say it again, the American legal system is a corrupt incompetent mess from top to bottom, if it was half as good as the American lawyers try to make out it is, Trump would already be in jail. Talking about jail, what do you think will happen to him if he is sentenced to a jail term, he can't be put in with the general population, not just for his own protection but also for those around him, so he can't go to a normal jail. I know the American prison service were told they had to be prepared for that actual eventuality, that Trump could be sent to jail and I have heard though I don't know how true it is, but New York seemingly have a military establishment set aside for him doing any form of jail time, but as I said I can't confirm or deny if this is just a fantasy or a reality, but it makes some form of sense and would be a good idea.

So thinks Trump will be able to get together that $175 Million, I don't as I don't think he has that sort of cash handy and I cannot see any bond company giving him the money either.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 11:34

If Garland has acted sooner, we might not be in this mess. I also think Garland under estimated Trump and his BS lawyers. But yes, The American Justice system is crooked and corrupt. I would go as far as saying, there are three tiers of justice in America. One for the rich, one for everyone else, and one especially for Trump. And what is worse, there are those saying else where, he may never see the inside of a jail cell. He may very well escape justice. I'm starting to think that is the case.

even though, his lawyers aren't the brightest, they certainly know how to tangle the justice system to counter anything against Trump. so far that has worked. I don't see him seeing a cell in the hush money trial. As for the other trials, either they get derailed, or he may get away with not seeing any prison time. I'm losing hope that he will face accountability. Been a former president, and because he so called rich. Both are hugely to blame here. But yeah, he has a justice system all for himself, or should I say, lack off. He doesn't care for the constitution, he doesn't care for the law. As long as he can be above it. And pains me to see his BS lawyers helping him accomplish that.

He should have been stripped of his SS detail. But even if he does somehow see a cell, your right, where would he go? But that is why, a few are fearing he may never see the inside of a cell. As it would be too much trouble to keep him there. Even though his SS detail will be with him. And because of that, I fear his return. and if that happen, America will be finished in the way it is now.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 29. Mar 24, 03:23

All this BS is doing is encouraging vigilante justice. And at this point, I'd be all for someone dropping that orange tub of lard.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 2. Apr 24, 08:58

Trump’s media stock plunges after posting a big loss for 2023. 58m in losses vs 4.1m in income? It might end up as a penny stock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhFWNxNg2kw

Trump managed to get the 175m bond from a former business associates firm.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 2. Apr 24, 09:36

The drop of the share price of his social media company was to be expected. It was over valued to start with. And has been losing money ever since. Especailly when the company hasn't really been paying the bills. I hope to goes rock bottom soon enough.

As for the bond, pity, I was hoping he wouldn't be able to have secured one. Guess it will go to the appeal court now. Then again, as far as I'm aware, there is still interest piling up, so that hasn't been ceased or paused. So if the appeal court don't overturn the ruling, Trump will have even more interest plus the original fine to pay.

But still, it shows how crooked the justice system is. So wonder how long the appeal will take to process?
=

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Tue, 2. Apr 24, 12:15

Some perspective on "its losing money" and so on... it's not that out of step with others.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... it-history

Twitter profit first time after 12 years
Twitter makes first quarterly profit in its history

Twitter has posted its first quarterly profit in the company’s 12-year history, although a clampdown on fake accounts meant it lost users in the US and overall user growth stalled.

The San Francisco-based social network, which went public five years ago, made a profit of $91m (£65m) in the fourth quarter of 2017, compared with a $167m loss a year earlier, after cutting costs.
and it's share price history (a bit longer time to drop dramatically of course!)
https://companiesmarketcap.com/twitter/ ... e-history/

Facebook float on stock market.
Initial trading saw the stock shoot up to as much as $45.[32] Yet the early rally was unsustainable. The stock struggled to stay above the IPO price for most of the day, forcing underwriters to buy back shares to support the price.[35] Only the aforementioned technical glitches and underwriter support prevented the stock price from falling below the IPO price on the first day of trading.[36]

At closing bell, shares were valued at $38.23,[37] only $0.23 above the IPO price and down $3.82 from the opening bell value. The opening was widely described by the financial press as a disappointment.[

Facebook's share value fell during nine of the next thirteen trading days, posting gains during just four.[41] The next day of trading after the IPO (May 21), the stock closed below its offering price, at $34.03.[41] The stock saw another large loss the next day, closing at $31.00.[41] A 'circuit breaker' was used in an attempt to slow down the decline in the stock price.[42] The stock increased modestly in coming days, and Facebook closed its first full week of trading at $31.91.[41] The stock returned to losses for most of its second full week, and had lost over a quarter of its starting value by the end of May. This led the Wall Street Journal to call the IPO a "fiasco."[43] The stock closed its second full week of trading on June 1 at $27.72. By June 6 investors had lost $40 billion.[44] Facebook ended its third full week at $27.10, slightly lower than a week previous.[45] The stock stayed below the $38 mark for months and finally bottomed out in September 2012 below $18.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_p ... f_Facebook

I'm not going to try and make out I have any clue about shares, stocks, or anything else - but how eager/easy it is to slam and hope-to-fail does sort of imply nor does anyone here either. They could have predicted the initial climb, and just like many many many flotations, they sell out as soon as it hits a peak so as to cash in.

I do personally think it's a load of balderdash, but I did about Twitter and Facebook (and now look at Facebook :D :D :D ). Just his social is so small and isn't really growing quickly whatsoever. So...
Last edited by Chips on Tue, 2. Apr 24, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 2. Apr 24, 12:21

But the problem is, this is a very over valued POS, and just got propped up by the name. The platform is pretty much worthless. Mostly its Trump and bots. And the company has been losing money for a while. I really hope the share price hits rock bottom, and those that have invested in this thing gets their fingers burnt, it will serve them right.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 3. Apr 24, 10:52

Looks like Jack Smith has had his fill of loose cannon, and will appealing to get her removed or give her a real smack down. But as this will be her third strike, I think she will be removed. And he is doing this because of her jury instructions. I even briefly, looked at the presidential act, looks pretty clear to me. And highly classified documents should not be personal. Yet she thinks its up to the jury to decide. And that means they will have access to those documents to see them.

Anyway, lets hope this will be swift, and she will be removed. this and her other mistakes. But also, she is forgetting, Trump isn't being charged with taking the documents but obstruction and espionage. Otherwise, this would have been done in DC. hopefully the next judge will swiftly get the trial on track. And cannon will be the laughing stock of her piers. (Maybe Trump might even drop what he has on her, or a deal that they made?

about time, she gets removed. And hopefully it will happen soon.
=

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 4. Apr 24, 00:16

Looks like Trump's bond has temporarily been rejected due to clerical stuff. The insurance company has to prove it can cover the debt by releasing it's finances and then they also need the power of attorney authorizing the company to act on behalf of Trump.

The next month or two might be very bad for Trump.

Return to “Off Topic English”