Why was the Russia Ukraine war thread locked?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Why was the Russia Ukraine war thread locked?

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 19. Feb 23, 22:10

What was it that ended up closing it?

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Why was the Russia Ukraine war thread locked?

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 19. Feb 23, 22:16

I think the nature of *some* of the posting had become very much anti Russians/Russia rather than discussing the war and its ramifications.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 19. Feb 23, 22:32

We had a russian propaganda guy coming back with different registrations everytime he was kicked out. His posts were removed and the thread eventually got locked to stop that.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 19. Feb 23, 22:47

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 19. Feb 23, 22:32
We had a russian propaganda guy coming back with different registrations everytime he was kicked out. His posts were removed and the thread eventually got locked to stop that.
I hadn't realised. - I did spot he'd returned and posted once with his name reversed, but wasn't aware there'd been multiple incarnations.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 19. Feb 23, 22:54

Discussion of moderator actions on the public forum is explicitly against the forum rules. If you need to ask a question like this, please do so by PM, but please also bear in mind that the moderators are not under an obligation to explain their actions to you.

That said, thanks for the reminder that we can probably unlock the thread again now.

Return to “Off Topic English”