The Boron Plushie - Am i crazy?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Does the Boron plushie look like the new Boron

Yes, obviously...
31%
No it does not...
15%
I like it, but the white thing in the eye bothers me
8%
I don't like the colours but the design is fine
No votes
Ugly Cthulu with cow tits
46%

Total votes: 13

xenoncore123
x4

The Boron Plushie - Am i crazy?

Post by xenoncore123 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 19:32

I'm really not trying to bash the developers. I have been playing the X games since X3 reunion, before i had internet. Now i know there may be a few angry moderators, developers, and hardcore fans when i ask this question, (because i know they have had samples taken to the studio and they like them) but, i have been obsessing about this and i don't know why i am. (Probably because it's in my steam feed 24/7 lol).

I know the Borons have changed, (For the better i might add) since 2018 obviously when we see the HQ Boron Scientist.

So i just want to ask, does the boron plushie look like 2018+ boron to you? I have literally stared at it for ten minutes assessing it's choice of colours, it's eyes, its overall design and compared that with the new concept art released for Kingdom come and i am just confused by it. I genuinely believe that a lot of people who are complimenting it, haven't actually assessed it, and fundamentally believe once it arrives at their door they will be displeased with it.

One very good way to test yourself is to, look at the picture, then ascertain whether without context, does it resemble a Boron. Example being, if you were in a store, and someone was selling them, would you know it was a Boron?

I am giving Egosoft free marketing here, so they can't be mad :P

Anyway, just letting you know that if you are reading this, these things don't matter. You matter, so i hope you have a wonderful day and take it easy :)
Last edited by xenoncore123 on Thu, 19. Jan 23, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
"We are an island nation. What we lack in men, we can more than make up for in ships"

King Henry VIII- Tudors TV series

My virtual presence. Depressing isn't it ? :P
https://linktr.ee/scarrior

xenoncore123
x4

Re: The Boron Plushie - Am i crazy?

Post by xenoncore123 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 19:55

At this point i am deciding whether it was made this way on purpose, so that we would talk about it, thus generating a marketing presence for the said item.

Example being, someone making a toy of a dog, and marketing it as a cat. Thus generating sales because people would not shut up over the fact that they think the seller doesn't know it's a dog. Someone with a large follower base falling for the bait and posting it, could make the guy trolling a lot of money.

because Outliver on the Steam post said the same thing
almost inclined to buy one, solely because little baby cthulhu here is the once-in-a-lifetime ugliest thing I've ever seen
Purple Legacy on Steam also said
Doesn't look like a Boron at all.
Skeetz
looks nowt like a boron lol
Zloth
So they are nerfing the Boron before they even get released!? That must be a first... ;)
TehnoMag
haha, Cool, but for my opinion that baby Boron more like baby Cthulhu
Marco
too ugly and too expensive

Mr Who on the forum main post said it looked like a Pokemon

So technically, talking about how ugly it is, might actually work, thus therefore i have fell for the bait.
I will now commit seppuku, Roman style.

Now i am questioning everything... :gruebel:
Last edited by xenoncore123 on Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
"We are an island nation. What we lack in men, we can more than make up for in ships"

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:11

Well, it could be worded a bit better, but yeah - Cthulu is good description of first thing that came to my mind :D

I'd never pass a blind test and guess it's actually Boron :)

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:37

xenoncore123 wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 19:32
does the boron plushie look like 2018+ boron to you?
The Boron plushie is based on the 2023 Boron model which you'll see later this year in X4: Kingdom End.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:50

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:11
Well, it could be worded a bit better, but yeah - Cthulu is good description of first thing that came to my mind :D

Not only Cthulhu, but dead Cthulhu ... X as eyes usually denote a corpse ...

The ships in that trailer look rather nice though ... maybe I'll try again to get into X4 ... it's strange, after spending hundreds of hours in each of the X2 and X3 games, I totally skipped X-Rebirth due to ... reasons ... and completely bounced off X4 the three or four times I've tried it. Steam says I've tried it for 22.5 hours, but nothing clicked. I don't remember, since it's been a while, but is it possible to completely skip the boring walking around part?
As a personal service to all who try to keep up with my professional work:
[ external image ]

My script: Shiploot v1.04 ... loot shipwrecks, collect different loot parts and upgrade your ships!
Mein Skript: Schiffswracks looten v1.04 ... Durchsuche Schiffswracks, sammle Lootteile und verbessere Deine Schiffe!

xenoncore123
x4

Post by xenoncore123 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 21:00

Mailo wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:50
mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:11

Not only Cthulhu, but dead Cthulhu ... X as eyes usually denote a corpse ...

I laughed too hard at this, you literally had me laughing for about ten seconds. That is an achievement, because i am not so easily impressed. (Don't know if you can tell by the post) :lol:

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 21:03

xenoncore123 wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 21:00
I laughed too hard at this, you literally had me laughing for about ten seconds. That is an achievement, because i am not so easily impressed. (Don't know if you can tell by the post) :lol:
Glad I could be of service :mrgreen:
As a personal service to all who try to keep up with my professional work:
[ external image ]

My script: Shiploot v1.04 ... loot shipwrecks, collect different loot parts and upgrade your ships!
Mein Skript: Schiffswracks looten v1.04 ... Durchsuche Schiffswracks, sammle Lootteile und verbessere Deine Schiffe!

xenoncore123
x4

Post by xenoncore123 » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 21:38

Mailo wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 20:50
The ships in that trailer look rather nice though ... maybe I'll try again to get into X4 ... it's strange, after spending hundreds of hours in each of the X2 and X3 games, I totally skipped X-Rebirth due to ... reasons ... and completely bounced off X4 the three or four times I've tried it. Steam says I've tried it for 22.5 hours, but nothing clicked. I don't remember, since it's been a while, but is it possible to completely skip the boring walking around part?
I understand, i wasn't that fanatic about X-Rebirth either, once it was out for a bit it was alright. X4 was pretty vanilla at the start, but now it is a very good simulation game. You can customise your starts and everything now. I think you can even play as a Kha'ak, or Xenon. I remember someone telling a story about trading with the Xenon (because he made himself friendly to them) and once he started trading ore with them, they took over the game. I want to play, but i am working on writing something and don't want my sims like ambition metre to be fulfilled conquering the galaxy in X4, because it really is such a good game now.

Hope you are doing well anyhow :)

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 17:08

All ppl will do is, will buy it, shove it on top of a spear and pose in photos as a split saying we kill borons mwhahaha.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “Off Topic English”