Credence follows Stars.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

Credence follows Stars.

Post by Omni-Orb » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 12:20

Stars and planets have long been thought of in human history as powerful supreme deities and gods.
This ancient form of wonder, belief, worship and thought is a tradition that inspires life to live up to the power and perfection of stars.

The X series is a tribute to this. And the company and people that supports it earned the soul name of Egosoft.
The X symbol is used to denote something mysterious or unknown, meant to be solved, inspiring us to explore the universe of X.
Allowing us to intermingle our psyche with the supreme powers that are stars and planets in our thoughts-fantasy sphere through the game medium.
Credence follow stars.

LughC

Re: Credence follows Stars.

Post by LughC » Fri, 30. Sep 22, 23:46

Stars and planets weren't often defied in human history. The only bodies generally tied to a deity were the sun and the moon.

Celestial bodies become a bit more common if you count their usage as tools of a gods but the vast majority of societies were far more grounded and tended to worship things that had more impact on daily life. Weather, fertility, animals ect.

Something that I think is fitting with your post considering how little interaction on the games stars or planets have beyond a set piece in the sky box

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 1. Oct 22, 09:36

LughC wrote:
Fri, 30. Sep 22, 23:46
Stars and planets weren't often defied in human history. The only bodies generally tied to a deity were the sun and the moon.

Celestial bodies become a bit more common if you count their usage as tools of a gods but the vast majority of societies were far more grounded and tended to worship things that had more impact on daily life. Weather, fertility, animals ect.

Something that I think is fitting with your post considering how little interaction on the games stars or planets have beyond a set piece in the sky box
Obviously humans would think of the heavenly objects that they could see, and be inspired, not the ones they couldn't.
Looking up at heaven and dreaming of the unknown has been and still is the same amazing feeling for those who has time for it, and yes some are more grounded than others.

And just because we today have some old written words about human names being tied to celestial spheres,
doesn't mean that it represents most of what life on earth has thought when looking up at heaven throughout history.

And it is fun that you compare it to a sky box since it has been equally reachable for most of life on earth in past history.
Credence follow stars.

LughC

Post by LughC » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 01:25

I mean stars were just as visible as the moon so I'm not sure what you're on about with that.

Space also wasn't romanticized in the way you describe for most of history. It likely wasn't given a second thought until civilisations got to a point that the wealthy had large amounts of unoccupied time.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 08:06

LughC wrote:
Sun, 2. Oct 22, 01:25
I mean stars were just as visible as the moon so I'm not sure what you're on about with that.

Space also wasn't romanticized in the way you describe for most of history. It likely wasn't given a second thought until civilisations got to a point that the wealthy had large amounts of unoccupied time.
Space is heaven. Space is simply looking up at night. Maybe you live somewhere the galaxy can't be seen at night with human eyes, although before electric lights and cities filled with them the galaxy could be seen at night by simply looking up. I can argue that it is in recent times with light pollution and people being inside more that it's lost its wonder for much of humanity.

It's been a source of inspiration and wonder in many cultures and for many beings since the first beings where able to see.
The amazing views from heaven at night must have been a common conversation topic since it is easy to see and impossible to reach.

Many cultures have many stories about stars as beings and what they are.
Before houses it must have been common to sleep outside at night looking up at space and thinking.
Credence follow stars.

theeclownbroze
x4

Post by theeclownbroze » Tue, 1. Nov 22, 05:20

Return to “Off Topic English”