Android device - bloat removal question

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Android device - bloat removal question

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 16:53

After being tired of constant update reminders from sh*t I never ever used, I decided to remove and/or disable the redundant apps from my phone and tablet.

One of the biggest ones that always take the longest to update and install is Google aplication.

Given that I use android, is still app something that is critical to system or other applications? or can I safely disable it?

The only other Google Applications that I use are Google Play store and Gmail application, but I have no idea if Google app is connected to anything in the background.

Chips
x4

Re: Android device - bloat removal question

Post by Chips » Tue, 26. Jul 22, 23:21

From (bad) memory they usually say if disabling it can cause adverse effects, or better yet, you just can't...

Are you sure it's not just the browser? Or search shortcut app or something?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 27. Jul 22, 07:43

Chips wrote:
Tue, 26. Jul 22, 23:21
Are you sure it's not just the browser? Or search shortcut app or something?
THat what I found in 1 or 2 comments...when I Google it :D
It suppose to be browser/search app, but I never used it, so I want to shut it down.
Still I wnat to make sure I don't break something.

Chips wrote:
Tue, 26. Jul 22, 23:21
From (bad) memory they usually say if disabling it can cause adverse effects, or better yet, you just can't...
Fortunately it's possible to disable (but in some cases not uninstall) most of google apps, so they at least do not appear in "update" list.
What is worse, is a dozen Samsung apps, that are useless, but cannot even be disabled, without going into developer mode.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 29. Jul 22, 23:00

mr.WHO wrote:
Wed, 27. Jul 22, 07:43
Fortunately it's possible to disable (but in some cases not uninstall) most of google apps, so they at least do not appear in "update" list.
What is worse, is a dozen Samsung apps, that are useless, but cannot even be disabled, without going into developer mode.
Yep, had that pain. Hide them, make sure they can't do notifications and ... never buy samsung again :D I'm sure the apps are fine, but they basically duplicate everything available.

Return to “Off Topic English”