Removed

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Removed

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 21:38

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 30. Jun 22, 17:52
mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 30. Jun 22, 17:35

Well, first, it's an obvious that single-country veto power must go away, coz on principle, it was made for much smaller union (like 12 countries?).
There is simply a country count, above which there will always be somebody to veto anything.
Given the recent records, I'd say we're there already and any further EU expansion, would require veto reform.
There is a nice idea to make, that veto would require 1/3 of countries with total population of at least 30% of EU. That might actually improve cohesion as it would limit veto abuse and would require coalition building.

The war in Ukraine kinda prove two things:
- 1 country veto sux
- sole Germano-Franco leadership sux as well
Maybe the EU could have a similar structure to US senate and House of Representatives. In the House, each state gets a number of representatives based on population size, but in the Senate, each state no matter how large or small gets two representatives. Just never introduce silly ideas like the filibuster though!
Well, this is something I never considered, but EU could definetly benefit from higher chamber of parliment.
With senatorial representation, European Commision could let got "1 coutry, 1 commisioner" rule and fully turn Commision into normal representative ministerial cabinet out of Parliment/Senate majority.

One could dream, but who know what 2030 will bring?
Maybe we will be welcoming first Ukrainian senators in reformed EU parliment?
Or chew RadX and gulp RadAway, Fallout style.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Removed

Post by CBJ » Thu, 30. Jun 22, 23:06

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 30. Jun 22, 20:03
Back on thread topic please.
I really don't know which part of Alan's post wasn't clear.

Return to “Off Topic English”