Russia-Ukraine War

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Re: Russia-Ukraine War

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 00:28

himid wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 23:50
notaterran wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 23:09
It seems that the Kremlin has run out of talking points because for the past few months we've been getting the same recycled propaganda, including the empty threat of nuclear war. Here's a headline from today:
As U.S. and allies arm Ukraine, Russia warns that losing a conventional war "can trigger a nuclear war"
Link
I would recommend you always read the original to understand what certain phrases mean (trelegram is a public service).
There are excerpts in that article, but there is no essence that Medvedev wanted to convey.

And the gist is simple:
Many (very many) Western politicians openly say that they will do everything to make Russia lose. And for some reason they believe that losing to Russia will "prevent nuclear war." Here Medvedev wonders why they suddenly make such a conclusion?

After all, if you listen to these same politicians or their colleagues, then they openly talk about the need to divide Russia.

Ukrainian "politicians" are not at all shy about their expressions. And the phrase "burn Moscow" is one of the most common among them.

Both of this fall under the clause of the nuclear doctrine, which speaks of a "threat to the existence of the state." On the basis of this clause, Russia can use nuclear weapons to stop the threat. It's totally unpredictable what will happens next.

Again:
The essence of Medvedev's words is not so much in threats as in bewilderment at what "European politicians" are saying. Because preventing a third world war (which by the way is already started) by kindling a fire of war is a very strange idea.
Russia threatening nuclear war if Russia loses its offensive war of choice against Ukraine is exactly why Russia must lose the war. Because if the allies supporting Ukraine back down over this, then it means that any nation with nuclear weapons merely needs to threaten the use of nukes in order to cause the other side to back down. It would mean that any country with nukes has a free hand to invade nations without nukes without fear of losing. It would lead to the massive proliferation of nuclear weapons from nations around the world, as they begin to see that the only way to ensure their safety is by possession of nukes which can destroy cities and kill millions.

himid

Post by himid » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 00:50

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 00:28
Russia threatening nuclear war if Russia loses its offensive war of choice against Ukraine is exactly why Russia must lose the war. Because if the allies supporting Ukraine back down over this, then it means that any nation with nuclear weapons merely needs to threaten the use of nukes in order to cause the other side to back down. It would mean that any country with nukes has a free hand to invade nations without nukes without fear of losing. It would lead to the massive proliferation of nuclear weapons from nations around the world, as they begin to see that the only way to ensure their safety is by possession of nukes which can destroy cities and kill millions.
You do not hear me. Read the original text and do not fantasize.

The doctrine remains unchanged - nuclear weapons will not be used until there is a threat to the existence of the state or until there is a real threat to the objects of the nuclear triad (carrying out a retaliatory strike). This doctrine will be observed 100%.

And in fact, everything depends on the adequacy of the other side. But if you read Mr. Medvedev's telegram channel a little, you will understand that the essence of his phrases is that he has doubts about the adequacy of some politicians. That is what this text is for.

P.S.
All troubles in the world are due to misunderstanding or not wanting to understand, due to blindness or not wanting to see, due to deafness or not wanting to hear.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 01:02

I think a trigger line for Russian nuclear attack, is if/when Ukraine tries to retake Crimea. If Ukraine allies (basically NATO) continue sending more powerful weapons, it is easy to see how Putin can argue that this is essentially a war with NATO - albeit a proxy war thus far. There is very thin line between proxy and direct involvement and it is a slippery slope that separates them. I fear history will catalogue WW3 as having already started before this date.

himid

Post by himid » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 01:21

Observe wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 01:02
I think a trigger line for Russian nuclear attack, is if/when Ukraine tries to retake Crimea. If Ukraine allies (basically NATO) continue sending more powerful weapons, it is easy to see how Putin can argue that this is essentially a war with NATO - albeit a proxy war thus far. There is very thin line between proxy and direct involvement and it is a slippery slope that separates them. I fear history will catalogue WW3 as having already started before this date.
Such a development of events is unlikely. Crimea has a very narrow isthmus and rather difficult terrain, which is impossible to cross without heavy losses. And Crimea people don't wait ukraine military on their ground (believe me it's truth). The only way to try do something is the direct participation of NATO countries. This may affect the alignment, but it will lead to other consequences, which may eventually lead to an exchange of nuclear strikes.

And by the way, I also believe that the Third World War has already begun. All these terms like "mediated" or "proxy" are not worth a penny. This is the real World War III. No more, no less.
Last edited by himid on Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:04

himid wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 01:21
Observe wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 01:02
Such a development of events is unlikely. Crimea has a very narrow isthmus and rather difficult terrain, which is impossible to cross without heavy losses. And Crimea people don't wait ukraine military on their ground. The only way to try do something is the direct participation of NATO countries. This may affect the alignment, but it will lead to other consequences, which may eventually lead to an exchange of nuclear strikes.

And by the way, I also believe that the Third World War has already begun. All these terms like "mediated" or "proxy" are not worth a penny. This is the real World War III. No more, no less.
I know it's terribly unfair that the world is helping Ukraine take back the land that Russia stole from 2014 onwards, but try not to incinerate the world (and yourself) over it.

himid

Post by himid » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:08

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:04
I know it's terribly unfair that the world is helping Ukraine take back the land that Russia stole from 2014 onwards, but try not to incinerate the world (and yourself) over it.
You need to learn history of Crimea and talk with this people. Believe me, nobody wait Ukraine on this ground.
Last edited by himid on Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:09

himid wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:08
Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:04
You need to learn history of Crimea. Believe me, nobody wait Ukraine on this ground.
Does that history include agreements made by Russia in the 1990s that recognizes Crimea as territory of Ukraine, and agrees to respect it sovereignty in exchange for Ukraine giving up its nukes?

himid

Post by himid » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:25

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:09
Does that history include agreements made by Russia in the 1990s that recognizes Crimea as territory of Ukraine, and agrees to respect it sovereignty in exchange for Ukraine giving up its nukes?
First, about nukes - it's US idea.

Second, this memorandum has not been ratified even by Ukraine itself.

Third, I am not a lawyer at all and cannot know whether any agreements are valid if previous agreements were concluded with gross violations. The fact is that the transfer of Crimea to the Ukrainian SSR in 1954 occurred in violation of two basic laws: the Constitution of the USSR and the Constitution of the RSFSR. The transfer was handled by an authority that did not have the right to deal with it. That is, there is an absolute disregard for the Laws. But they turned a blind eye to this, because. it was a single (unified) country (Union of SSR). And even so, the city of Sevastopol (located in the Crimea) remained under the Union subordination (that is, not part of the Ukrainian SSR). Question: on what basis did Crimea become part of Ukraine at all (and even more so the city of Sevastopol)?

Fourth, I think you should look at the dates of all events in 2014. The idea here is that after the state coup (try to find another definition of what happened) and before the presidential elections in Ukraine, there was actually no legitimate government. But in the Crimea there was a completely legitimate parliament. It was this parliament that organized the referendum. Of course, for your part, you can evaluate it all as you like. However, the facts are that those who held the referendum in 2014 had a greater legal mandate on the peninsula than those who sat in Kyiv.

And finally... unlike you, I was in Crimea after 2014 (several times), and I saw everything there with my own eyes. I talked with people. So I definitely know the mood of the people there better than you do. Or do you think the desire of people does not matter?

---

P.S.
Of course, you and me may have a different opinion. However, I can say for sure about the people: nobody is waiting for the Ukrainian army in Crimea. It's 100%.

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 08:21

@himid
I find it interesting what you write, thanks for this perspective.

What do you think will RU do the next few months?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 09:29

Aparently, there are hints that Russia might actually not go with spring offensive and instead wait to september/october, in order to get another round of mobilization, training and accumulation of heavy equipment from mothball recovery.

What will be the actual action? Only Putin knows.

However, with the latest weapons pledges, spring offensive will be the last shot for Russia, by september/october, Russia will be facing basically NATO grade Ukraine.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 10:49

himid wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 02:25

And finally... unlike you, I was in Crimea after 2014 (several times), and I saw everything there with my own eyes. I talked with people. So I definitely know the mood of the people there better than you do. Or do you think the desire of people does not matter?

Well, when the Crimea is liberated we can have another referendum and see what people think and then we would get a real answer. That is the Russian way after all so you can't complain.

Also, funny how you both have on-ground experience from Crimea and have analyzed artillery impacts in Donetsk.

himid

Post by himid » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 11:59

EGO_Aut wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 08:21
@himid
I find it interesting what you write, thanks for this perspective.

What do you think will RU do the next few months?
Sorry, I don't know. I'm not in command.
As I understood Russian command don't want more escalation. May be it will be slow moving to get territories that are now part of Russia (according to the Russian Constitution). Yes, after referendums some territoryes now included into Russian Constitution.And very hard to wtite it out.

But the new projectiles for HIMARS for 160 kilometers will cause quite a lot of difficulty. I think that air defense will be strengthened.

I can assume that no nuclear weapons will be used: neither tactical nor strategic. Any use of such weapons opens a "Pandora's box" (the first use of it actually removes the moral ban on subsequent ones, moreover, by any of the parties). However, my words are only valid if there is no real threat from NATO. Otherwise, I have a suspicion that the escalation to the nuclear level will happen extremely quickly. I think that in this case Poland will be the most affected, because that's where the main logistics are. Perhaps the Baltic countries will suffer greatly, because. Kaliningrad is nearby, which will definitely be attacked.

Well, then ... then all that remains is to pray that they will agree somewhere up there. Because For example, I want to live for a long time.

Warenwolf wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 10:49
Well, when the Crimea is liberated we can have another referendum and see what people think and then we would get a real answer. That is the Russian way after all so you can't complain.
Firstly, you simply have no idea what the consequences of hostilities in the Crimea will be. Crimea is, first of all, nature and historical architecture. All this will burn down, restoration will take decades.

Secondly, there are many videos of Ukrainian military reprisals against the population whose territories they occupy. Given the attitude of the population towards Russia and Ukraine in Crimea, it can be assumed that the population will either suffer or leave Crimea, leaving their homes. In this case, it is difficult to say about the objectivity of the referendum and it is not very clear who and how will conduct it.

Thirdly, two facts from 2014-2015 speak very brightly about the attitude of the Ukrainian authorities towards the Crimeans. When the Ukrainian authorities blocked the North Crimean Canal, it left part of the Kherson region and arid regions of Crimea without water. This has caused serious environmental problems throughout the region. And the second case was when the supply of electricity to the Crimea was blocked from the outside along the only possible route at that moment. You are now worried that after the blow to the infrastructure, the Ukrainians are left without electricity. Yes, this is partly true. There are rolling blackouts, but there is no total blackout. But in the fall of 2015, Ukraine COMPLETELY cut off electricity supplies to Crimea. Everything was left without electricity: houses, schools, hospitals. Therefore, there is no doubt about the repressions that will be applied by Ukraine.

And fourthly... I suspect that no one will ever go to any referenda. Yes, the result is known in advance, but the Constitution spells out a ban on the exclusion of territories. Therefore, the very holding of such a referendum would be contrary to the constitution. In general, this is a legally complex question ... and meaningless. This will only offend the Crimeans, who have already expressed their opinion once.
Warenwolf wrote:
Also, funny how you both have on-ground experience from Crimea and have analyzed artillery impacts in Donetsk.
And what's unusual here?

I am a citizen of Russia, I live in the Central region. Crimea is a very beautiful place to relax at any time of the year. But most often people rest there during the period "late spring - summer - early autumn". Of course I was there too, I like it there. Beautiful nature, friendly people... this is a wonderful place. In fact, I have been there almost every year since 2014.

Well, what about the shelling of Donetsk. Nothing surprising either. Yes, I follow the events. And yes, several times when I saw a lot of photos that allow you to determine the direction, I was interested in determining this direction myself. What do you think, is it difficult to determine the direction of the projectile flight if you have a place of arrival, shrapnel on the wall (only on one)? If you have a photo of the hole left by the projectile. If there is a photo of the area. I just took photos or videos (there are a lot of video consequences). I opened street panoramas in Google or Yandex and looked for the place where the shell hit. After that, based on a photo or video, I determined the approximate direction of the projectile flight on the map. It is impossible to determine exactly here, but it is possible to estimate the sector approximately.
Nevertheless, my research is difficult to present as evidence. This is just an attempt to figure something out for yourself. But there is one caveat, I am far from Donetsk (relatively). But the people who live there ... they are nearby, and now they know exactly what, and where it flies from.

By the way, in my research, I sometimes find not very correct presentation of information in our information space (although this usually applies to patriotic telegram channels). In general, any information must be checked (if you plan to draw any conclusions based on it).

himid

Post by himid » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 13:45

By the way, about "unprovoked aggression". Here is a video from 2014-2015. All videos are from the cities of Lugansk or Donetsk. There are many such videos on the web. Of course, these videos prove nothing. The Ukrainian media generally say that "they are shelling themselves." And in fact, I personally draw a conclusion about the attitude of the Ukrainian authorities (which came as a result of a coup) to the population of those regions that refused to obey the new government.

https://youtu.be/0xp_v7odTrY
https://youtu.be/2-wtstrVElI
https://youtu.be/UkQOyhX4me0
https://youtu.be/fPIKwqvO73U
https://youtu.be/KihOp4y5Zsc
https://youtu.be/k8jAsbcgPmc
https://youtu.be/JEC09pUxmPI
https://youtu.be/JpxN5GbDYtM

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 13:56

There was certain austrian painter who also screamed about unprovoked aggresion - the story ends with destruction and loss of life thousand times bigger.

Even, if we indulge the idea that Russia was provoked (instead going for total anschluss of Ukraine) - it's already 10x more loss of life and property on Russian side in one year, than in 8 years of "provocation" since 2014.

They could literally throw 1% of total cost of this conflict and build their own Iron Dome with that money.

The choice is simply between if Russia is evil, or dumb.

himid

Post by himid » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:06

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 13:56
There was certain austrian painter who also screamed about unprovoked aggresion - the story ends with destruction and loss of life thousand times bigger.

Even, if we indulge the idea that Russia was provoked (instead going for total anschluss of Ukraine) - it's already 10x more loss of life and property on Russian side in one year, than in 8 years of "provocation" since 2014.

They could literally throw 1% of total cost of this conflict and build their own Iron Dome with that money.

The choice is simply between if Russia is evil, or dumb.
It's easy to speak in hindsight. It's easy to reason, knowing how it all ends. Try to make a decision then, in 2014-2015, when you do not know the future.

My opinion is that after the Minsk agreements were reached, it was necessary to put pressure on the Ukrainian authorities both from Europe and from Russia, introducing the most severe restrictions if they do not comply with the agreements. The same applies to the unrecognized (at that time) republics.

It was necessary to create total conditions for compliance with the agreements. These conditions were not created. Moreover, the agreements themselves did not spell out responsibility for their non-compliance. In general, these were very strange agreements that were not respected from the very beginning. And I personally was not surprised when Mrs. Merkel said that the Minsk agreements were needed only to give Ukraine time to prepare for a new round of escalation.

But now we are already at this point and we cannot roll back anything.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:23

himid wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:06
It's easy to speak in hindsight. It's easy to reason, knowing how it all ends. Try to make a decision then, in 2014-2015, when you do not know the future.
It's not a hindsight AT ALL.

Russia had 8 years to prepare and counter as well, literally had dozen other alternatives to pick, that doesn't involve total war escalation.
It was never about poor people of Donbas suffering to shelling, Putin was all fine see them shelled for 8 years and he's fine see them shelled even more, now for whole year.

They weren't the reason for the conflict, they were the excuse.

Donbas was literally the last front for Russia to reinforce, only when they failed on all other fronts :P

You don't need Ph.D. in sociology and warfare, so see this.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:55

himid wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 11:59

And fourthly... I suspect that no one will ever go to any referenda. Yes, the result is known in advance, but the Constitution spells out a ban on the exclusion of territories. Therefore, the very holding of such a referendum would be contrary to the constitution. In general, this is a legally complex question ... and meaningless. This will only offend the Crimeans, who have already expressed their opinion once.
Russian constitution outside Russia has as much validity as Third Reich's laws had in occupied territories. As to what Kremlin reports and what Russians think are people's attitudes and what they really feel is two different things:

Protest outside Kherson administrative building five days after occupation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqIBkxxogdo
According to Kremlin's propaganda news service TASS 87 % voted to become part of Russia in the vote organized by occupational army.

EDIT: (For those interested - documentary from DW regarding on living as civilian under occupation from Kherson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXBOrxvFJqc)
himid wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 11:59
Warenwolf wrote:
And what's unusual here?
Not unusual - there are many, many accounts in forums and online media I follow which have been spamming Russian propaganda since the war started. Typically avalanche of claims are being pushed out and whataboutism galore.

However it is not believable when you put claims of personal knowledge out that are both not verifiable (or to be more informal - of the type: trust me bro) and go directly against reports from organizations like Amnesty International which in one report has called Crimea peninsula of fear (https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... a-of-fear/) just to use one example. So I say you are "full of it".
himid wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 13:45
By the way, about "unprovoked aggression". Here is a video from 2014-2015. All videos are from the cities of Lugansk or Donetsk.
And of course, users of have no ability to check or verify the context, the date or even geolocate the videos. Claimed 9K79 attack in pitch darkness? Sure, post it as an example of Ukrainian provocation.
But you reveal yourself here and your agenda - Lugansk and Donetsk are part of Ukraine. Even Kremlin did not claim them as part of newly conquered Russian territories until recently. So how this can be construed as an argument for the Russian war on Ukraine 7 years later is everyone's guess.
Last edited by Warenwolf on Fri, 20. Jan 23, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

himid

Post by himid » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 15:04

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:23
himid wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:06
It's not a hindsight AT ALL.

Russia had 8 years to prepare and counter as well, literally had dozen other alternatives to pick, that doesn't involve total war escalation.
It was never about poor people of Donbas suffering to shelling, Putin was all fine see them shelled for 8 years and he's fine see them shelled even more, now for whole year.

They weren't the reason for the conflict, they were the excuse.

Donbas was literally the last front for Russia to reinforce, only when they failed on all other fronts :P

You don't need Ph.D. in sociology and warfare, so see this.
Still, you're talking in hindsight. You know the result.

Perhaps no one at all tried to look for another way out. We stated: here are the Minsk agreements, we do not interfere in the affairs of Ukraine, and so on. And maybe it was worth getting involved, maybe it was worth influencing society and education, maybe even worth trying to influence domestic politics (not sure if it was easy after 2014, but before 2014 it was more than possible). Although I am not an expert, I do not know what could have been done to prevent this from happening. But those 8 years changed everything.

Of course, the issue should have been resolved earlier. Maybe not even 8, but 15 years ago. And sobtvenno war occurs when the policy has not coped with its task. Well, let me give my simple opinion. Banal example: the United States... they influence the domestic politics of many countries. They know how to get into power or society and not predict, but lead events in the direction they need. Russia does not seem to have developed this area of policy. I do not see Russian influence on society in countries whose position we are interested in.

You can talk a lot about how bad it is to "intervene in domestic politics." But this is precisely what achieves the desired vector of behavior of a country.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 15:15

Again it's not hindsight.

If Russia would act in good faith, then Russia had a wide range of actions to implement not after 8 years, not after 9 years, but 2-3 years into the conflict - even basic counter-battery would stop the shelling really fast - isn't Russians suppose to be masters of artillery?

Russia was doing absolutely nothing, it was convinient for it to keep this conflict smolder, until it can see the window to takeover whole Ukraine.

Look at the frontline right now - the one that run on the ourskirts of Donetsk barely moved an inch.

If Ukraine and West entered Minks agrement in bad faith, so did Russia.

Except that it's Russia who launched a full scale invasion and occupation.

himid

Post by himid » Fri, 20. Jan 23, 15:50

Warenwolf wrote:
Fri, 20. Jan 23, 14:55
Russian constitution outside Russia has as much validity as Third Reich's laws had in occupied territories. As to what Kremlin reports and what Russians think are people's attitudes and what they really feel is two different things:

Protest outside Kherson administrative building five days after occupation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqIBkxxogdo
According to Kremlin's propaganda news service TASS 87 % voted to become part of Russia in the vote organized by occupational army.
The Russian Constitution is valid on the territory of Russia. It's enough.

The video you provide is taken from a lower angle. This is how they shoot when they don’t want to make it clear how many people are actually on the square.

I can show a similar video, but with the opposite meaning. But even here the real number of people is not clear.

https://youtu.be/_tcDU83lGIg

So here neither your nor my version is provable.

I can also say (but not prove) that when the Russian troops left Kherson, they evacuated about 100 thousand people in a month. In total, there were about 150 thousand people in Kherson at the time of control of the territories of the Russian Federation. From this it follows that 50 thousand remained in the city, who were waiting for Ukrainian troops or did not want to leave their homes.

100 thousand people evacuated voluntarily, because. feared reprisals. In general, I do not know whether there were repressions or not. I saw one video from Kherson, where people were handed over to the Ukrainian military by their own neighbors. What happened to these people is unknown.

Warenwolf wrote:
Not unusual - there are many, many accounts in forums and online media I follow which have been spamming Russian propaganda since the war started. Typically avalanche of claims are being pushed out and whataboutism galore.

However it is not believable when you put claims of personal knowledge out that are both not verifiable (or to be more informal - of the type: trust me bro) and go directly against reports from organizations like Amnesty International which in one report has called Crimea peninsula of fear (https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... a-of-fear/) just to use one example. So I say you are "full of it".
I just read some nonsense :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm talking about the article. Honestly, I'll tell you, this article is concentrated nonsense. This is so crazy it's even funny.

If there is no extremist behavior, if a person has not done anything illegal, then no one is persecuting anyone anywhere: neither Russians, nor Ukrainians, nor Tatars. Well, if it's a violator... then the law is the law. Although I read about cases when some people behaved strangely: they scandalized, shouted, attracted attention in every possible way by actions in support of Ukraine. But they were looked at as if they were crazy. I personally have never seen one of these.

Of course, I could bring a photo of my stay in the Crimea. But in this case, you won’t believe it either, because I can show anyone's photo. Simply put, I have nothing to prove my words.

Yes, I have not been in all of Crimea. I was in Yalta and in the New World (this is a small town, not far from the city of Sudak). I can easily describe where I lived, I can tell you what the conditions were at the hotel. Well, in fact, I can tell something that a person who was not there will not know. However, you still won't believe it.

If you want to know the truth, come here. Even now there are no prohibitions in Russia for foreigners. Only the plane will have to fly through Turkey.

I have nothing to lie about.

Warenwolf wrote:
And of course, users of have no ability to check or verify the context, the date or even geolocate the videos. Claimed 9K79 attack in pitch darkness? Sure, post it as an example of Ukrainian provocation.
But you reveal yourself here and your agenda - Lugansk and Donetsk are part of Ukraine. Even Kremlin did not claim them as part of newly conquered Russian territories until recently. So how this can be construed as an argument for the Russian war on Ukraine 7 years later is everyone's guess.
Well, why not. Some videos can be checked. On the video of the air strike on the Luhansk Administration in 2014, you can clearly recognize the building of this administration. There is Google, there is a photo, there are street panoramas. Grab your mouse, keyboard and go.

You can even google when it happened. True, they will most likely write you some kind of Ukrainian nonsense, like what was broadcast on Ukrainian TV channels: "It was the terrorists who fired at the plane with MANPADS, and she aimed at the air conditioner." Yeah, at first the rocket aimed at the air conditioner, smashed the wall of the building, then it turned around, multiplied and shot a bunch of people who were walking in the park near the administration building. By the way, there are more terrible videos from this event, I did not throw them here, you will find them yourself if you come in.

Another video with a shot trolleybus was taken from a Ukrainian TV channel. True, they similarly say there "terrorists shoot themselves."

Another video from the bus station. Is it difficult for you to find the bus station on Google and compare pictures? And the date the video was saved on YouTube is also there. Everything can be found if you really want. And if you don’t feel like search, then you can simply believe what your media say. But keep in mind one thing: any media say exactly what coincides with the current state policy. You won't hear anything else in your own media. This applies not only to your media, but also to Russian ones. They also say exactly what coincides with the policy of the state.

Return to “Off Topic English”