Well, what a deeply unpleasant week this has been.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pjknibbs
x4

Re: Well, what a deeply unpleasant week this has been.

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 10. May 22, 21:16

Radiotherapy is being done to shrink the main tumour to help with the CAR-T therapy. The odds of success on that aren't all that great so anything to tip the balance in my favour is a good thing!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 7. Jun 22, 16:42

Well, another update. I went in today for what I thought was going to be a routine checkup prior to going in for CAR-T. I first found out that they were planning to bring me in to hospital on Thursday to start the procedure--there's three days of immune system suppressing chemo that has to happen first, and because I don't have anyone at home who can take me to the hospital if I get taken ill, they decided those have to happen as a inpatient. Bit short notice, but tolerable. Then, due to the results of my blood pressure, heart rate and haemoglobin level tests, they've abruptly decided I need to come in *right now*. I am obviously completely and utterly unprepared for this--I don't even have the charger for this laptop or my phone with me! This is going to suck mightily.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 7. Jun 22, 23:04

Amazon deliver to hospitals?

They have volunteers?

People without chargers might be a common problem maybe they have some or maybe they have solutions?

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 06:43

Damn, I don't see how you could be prepared for this, no matter whether given notice or not, but I'm sure you'd agree the sooner the better.

But as Burger1 said, if there's anything you need and a family member can't supply it, I'd be happy to Amazon it to the ward. I'll draw the line at a Bentley Continental or a Banksy original, mind.

Wishing you all the best with the upcoming treatment.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 8. Jun 22, 06:59

burger1 wrote:
Tue, 7. Jun 22, 23:04
Amazon deliver to hospitals?

They have volunteers?

People without chargers might be a common problem maybe they have some or maybe they have solutions?
Last time I tried that the order just disappeared into the void, and we're talking a Nokia e63 and a Lenovo laptop, both of which use weird chargers.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 13:48

Well, just had the CAR-T cells inserted, now we wait and see what results we get.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 18:33

I hope it's not too long a wait. Did they give you any idea of how long it takes?

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 21. Jun 22, 18:45

I'm in hospital for the next 30 days (legal minimum requirement) and there might be some signs of benefits at the end of that, but it'll be months before we can be absolutely sure.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 07:28

Just checking up on you, Paul. - I noticed you missed Wordle, yesterday, which is a first as I remember.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 27. Jun 22, 08:50

Yeah, I felt a bit doolally yesterday.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 29. Jun 22, 21:17

pjknibbs wrote:
Tue, 21. Jun 22, 13:48
Well, just had the CAR-T cells inserted, now we wait and see what results we get.
Go little genetically modified T cells! Hunt down and destroy all those nasty cancerous B cells!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 08:30

I ATEN'T DEAD. Just very, very confused from the therapy. I don't know how often I'll be able to check back in, so please bear that in mind.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 10:02

pjknibbs wrote:
Sat, 16. Jul 22, 08:30
I ATEN'T DEAD.
We were getting worried...
A flower?

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 16. Jul 22, 10:36

That's one huge relief! I can only begin to imagine how the therapy must be affecting you.

Feel free to continue with your confusion for as long as you want!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 11:55

So still in hospital for treatment for another week or so? Soldier on, and hope they've decent aircon. As said from the start, fingers are crossed on your behalf!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 12:02

Unfortunately I'll be in hospital for a long time yet...problem is, legal requirements and personal circumstances means likely for eight weeks from my initial treatment date. Fun, I'm sure your'll agree.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 12:18

Umph, anything that can be sent to help pass the time - or adequately resourced for the days ahead?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 17. Jul 22, 14:22

I'm OK for now.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 04:11

You get your chargers and stuff? I doubt people you work with would have issues getting you stuff. Probably a pair of walking slippers to wander the halls/go to the rest areas for a change of scenery. Eight weeks is a very long time.

Able to order in food? Hospital food can be bland.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 18. Jul 22, 08:10

I can't leave my room because immunosuppression, not to mention that half the time I'm hooked to a machine that prevents me going even as far as the en-suite bathroom. Food is actually pretty good here, though, as I guess it has to be for the same reasons.

Return to “Off Topic English”