EVE online is doing "fun" stuffs

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kelasusi
x4

EVE online is doing "fun" stuffs

Post by kelasusi » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 04:57

Their trailer:
https://www.eveonline.com/now/eclipse

I got a stupid feeling their idea that shutdown those jump gate to save their game from boring state quo current is borrow from X universe.
And the Triglavian ships are really close look to xenon Q design when I play their space mafia simulator online months ago.
Perhaps both company staffs share and work together sometime? :D
Remember the destruction of Earth Torus.
Those alien sub-human will pay their lives eternally for betrayal.
Until they are gone completely.

fiksal
x4

Re: EVE online is doing "fun" stuffs

Post by fiksal » Mon, 20. Apr 20, 06:11

Interesting.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 14:46

I quit Eve over 10+ Years now. Honestly the only thing that would get me back is timed based leveling did not exist. For me it was a buzz kill and the more I did not play the more it felt depressing not training skills. Of course I know after couple months you can be decent in one skill or other, but it's still about the whole catch them all and knowing it's impossible or if I have extra time that week I like to work on my skill and increase it by a ton times instead.

But what their always doing is awesome I just wish there was eve exact replica but active skill training.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 15:11

Kane Hart wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 14:46
I quit Eve over 10+ Years now. Honestly the only thing that would get me back is timed based leveling did not exist. For me it was a buzz kill and the more I did not play the more it felt depressing not training skills. Of course I know after couple months you can be decent in one skill or other, but it's still about the whole catch them all and knowing it's impossible or if I have extra time that week I like to work on my skill and increase it by a ton times instead.

But what their always doing is awesome I just wish there was eve exact replica but active skill training.
Interesting perspective, but that's EVE's large part of strategy of keeping players engaged in the game. Plus I assume they like a system that's not XP based, as those been done to death.

Lots of "inactive" players that I know, just login once in two weeks (or so?) and fill up the queue. Then months later when they actually do play, the character is all trained up.

Still though, not playing the MMO and not training your skills and feeling like you are missing out, would be true for every MMO, right?

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 17:57

fiksal wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 15:11
Kane Hart wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 14:46

Interesting perspective, but that's EVE's large part of strategy of keeping players engaged in the game. Plus I assume they like a system that's not XP based, as those been done to death.

Lots of "inactive" players that I know, just login once in two weeks (or so?) and fill up the queue. Then months later when they actually do play, the character is all trained up.

Still though, not playing the MMO and not training your skills and feeling like you are missing out, would be true for every MMO, right?
Oh I totally agree and I think their method is great in many ways. The point is you play the game you don't grind for your xp and such. I'm a little more on the Korean grinding enjoyment myself so I like active grinding. That will not change in eve but I think the game is amazing outside that, but mentality hits me on that sadly :)

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 16:12

Kane Hart wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 17:57
Oh I totally agree and I think their method is great in many ways. The point is you play the game you don't grind for your xp and such. I'm a little more on the Korean grinding enjoyment myself so I like active grinding. That will not change in eve but I think the game is amazing outside that, but mentality hits me on that sadly :)

Understood :)
I think EVE's grinding is mining, and running missions in high sec.

Last two MMOs I played were Guild Wars 2 and EVE. And they unfortunately still take more time than I have.

Return to “Off Topic English”