Coronavirus: COVID-19

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Re: Coronavirus: COVID-19

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 11:28

I seriously doubt it - the are people who were beaten by just wearing MAGA hat.
I wouldn't like to have a target reticle on my face.
Second, especially at early stage of epidemy, it would be very bad PR to hoard resources for perfectly fine masks, to turn them into MAGA masks.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 11:30

Standard pneumonia needs long-term treatment, because it leaves your lungs damaged.
Covid is, in a lot of cases, a severe pneumonia.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 12:51

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 29. Jun 20, 11:28
I seriously doubt it - the are people who were beaten by just wearing MAGA hat.
I wouldn't like to have a target reticle on my face.
Second, especially at early stage of epidemy, it would be very bad PR to hoard resources for perfectly fine masks, to turn them into MAGA masks.
Have more than 120,000 people died from wearing a MAGA hat? Have more than 2.5 million people been sick or injured from wearing a MAGA hat? People didn't stop wearing MAGA hats just cuz a couple of the nutters got whopped up on. But an awful lot of the nutters didn't wear a mask because the Orange one told them not to.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 23:37

4 of the last 5 days there has been over 40,000 new virus infections in America, meaning over 208,300 new infections, there are only 12 countries that have accumulated more infections since this all started and America did it in under a week. Dr Fauci warns the senate of a possible 100,000 US cases per day. Not good, not good at all.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 00:00

felter wrote:
Tue, 30. Jun 20, 23:37
4 of the last 5 days there has been over 40,000 new virus infections in America, meaning over 208,300 new infections, there are only 12 countries that have accumulated more infections since this all started and America did it in under a week. Dr Fauci warns the senate of a possible 100,000 US cases per day. Not good, not good at all.
Meanwhile, as if to score a point for stupidity, South Dakota is planning a 3th of July celebration at Mt. Rushmore. Republican Governor. Noem says 'we will not be social distancing' at celebration with Trump. Masks are optional. This at the same time as the data that felter just posted above. :roll:
Noem promised a "large event" set for Friday on her Ingraham Angle appearance, saying "we told those folks that have concerns that they can stay home." As for everyone who comes, "we'll be giving out free face masks, if they choose to wear one," Noem said. "But we will not be social distancing."

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 04:53

Go back several weeks ago and it was the virus only effects old folk, well it is turning out that this is not quite true. The other day there I mentioned that there were post virus lung problems, well it turns out they are starting to see a rise in neurological problems. The really troubling part is where the lung issues were mainly with people who were hit badly by the virus, these neurological problems are also effecting the ones that had mild virus issues and not just older vulnerable people either. You do not want to catch this virus, you may think you are safe because you are not in that vulnerable group, well think again.

If all these health issue that are beginning to be seen are caused by the virus, America you are royally screwed and it's only going to get worse there. They are looking at potentially hundreds of thousands of people with respiratory or/and neurological problems. At the end of the day a lot of people are going to be wishing they wore the mask after all.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 05:36

How many supporters would Trump lose if he wore a mask? Probably quite a few would be my guess. These are the people who would wear a mask if the government banned masks. Tell them to gather in close proximity and they will isolate themselves and insist that their free expression overrules the knowledge of experts acting on the behalf of us all.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 08:16

Observe wrote:
Wed, 1. Jul 20, 00:00
Meanwhile, as if to score a point for stupidity, South Dakota is planning a 3th of July celebration at Mt. Rushmore. Republican Governor. Noem says 'we will not be social distancing' at celebration with Trump. Masks are optional. This at the same time as the data that felter just posted above. :roll:
Noem promised a "large event" set for Friday on her Ingraham Angle appearance, saying "we told those folks that have concerns that they can stay home." As for everyone who comes, "we'll be giving out free face masks, if they choose to wear one," Noem said. "But we will not be social distancing."
Wasn't USA just after widespread protest of tens of thousands in multiple cities across whole country?
At this point Mt. Rusmore celebration is a small stupidity of entire special olympics of stupidity.

You can say what you want, but BLM protest ended the lockdown - at this point no one will stick to it anymore - you can just prepare some cardboard with BLM and when police show up you say you protest :P (already there is dozen of such stories).

Old and unwell (ekhm..fat) people should think for themselves and self lockdown.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 09:11

Black Lives Matter is turning to Bad Lungs Movement in a stylish way, I see...
And I agree with Mr. Who, thinking about an healthcare point of view, BLM protests and rallies have been untimely even if socially understandable.

The fact is noone can do anything to actually stop people from gathering unmasked not respecting social distancing. Just about ten infected in a rally like that are enough to start a carnage, but nobody is even warn this people about that, everyone still minimizes covid despite the 7-figure number of infected, which is probably a lot less than the actual size of the pandemia.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 09:24

What is a WORLD GRADE stupidity is that BLM protest spill outside USA.
To some point I can understand how "special" the USA is on that matter, but having BLM protest across the Europe?
UK police brutality? UK police is the most castrated and harmess police in the world.

It's almost like someone intentionally want to sabotage the lockdown...and it's not Trump (unless you think Trump has power across the whole Europe internal affairs).

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Wed, 1. Jul 20, 09:34

Fun fact is that people interested in lockdown sabotage is the same people opposing equality movements.

In my opinion, when you're looking for the people causing worldwide rallies, the first place you need to watch is where no rally is happening.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 15:21

Just to lighten the atmosphere a little, I'd like to share a little coronavirus joke I read somewhere:

Q: What's the best sport to take up during the pandemic?
A: Fencing. You wear a mask and gloves, and if anyone comes within 2m of you, you poke them with something sharp.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:09

I honestly don't know what to say about this as it is a pretty atrocious thing for anyone to do right now. Boris Johnson's father has travelled to Greece under the pretence of it was essential travel as he wanted to make sure a property he rents was Covid safe. A few problems with this apart, from it's against the UK's current regulations is that Greece itself has a travel ban on anyone from the UK. So he first flew to Bulgaria before travelling on to Greece to get around this inconvenience. He will have to spend 14 days in isolation when he gets back, which I seriously doubt he will do as he does not seem to think these rules apply to the likes of him. So I think I know where he should be spending those 14 days, in a place called jail, maybe his son could join him to keep him company. :evil:

Edit in:
50.7 k new cases in the US yesterday. :o

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:59

felter wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:09
I honestly don't know what to say about this as it is a pretty atrocious thing for anyone to do right now. Boris Johnson's father has travelled to Greece under the pretence of it was essential travel as he wanted to make sure a property he rents was Covid safe. A few problems with this apart, from it's against the UK's current regulations is that Greece itself has a travel ban on anyone from the UK.
As a person from Eastern Europe I find it really amusing when people from UK or USA find out that politicians and their families apply double standards and are above plebs.
It's almost like finding the Santa Claus is not a real thing.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:04

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:59
felter wrote:
I honestly don't know what to say about this as it is a pretty atrocious thing for anyone to do right now. Boris Johnson's father has travelled to Greece under the pretence of it was essential travel as he wanted to make sure a property he rents was Covid safe. A few problems with this apart, from it's against the UK's current regulations is that Greece itself has a travel ban on anyone from the UK.
As a person from Eastern Europe I find it really amusing when people from UK or USA find out that politicians and their families apply double standards and are above plebs.
It's not about the discovery, it's about holding them accountable instead of rolling over for their overlords.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:07

mr.WHO wrote:
felter wrote:
What you mean Santa Claus is not a real thing.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:12

felter wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:07
mr.WHO wrote:
felter wrote:
Someone's been a bad boy and Santa didn't bring him presents... Am I right, Mr Who?

Politicians apply double standards everywhere in the world.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:25

felter wrote:
Let's not get started on that one again? :D

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:38

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 15:21
Just to lighten the atmosphere a little, I'd like to share a little coronavirus joke I read somewhere:

A: Fencing. You wear a mask and gloves, and if anyone comes within 2m of you, you poke them with something sharp.
I do own a sword or many.

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:25
felter wrote:
Let's not get started on that one again? :D
HELLO!
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:48

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 15:21

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “Off Topic English”