Coronavirus: COVID-19

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Coronavirus: COVID-19

Post by CBJ » Wed, 22. Jul 20, 11:03

fiksal wrote:
Wed, 22. Jul 20, 06:24
That's absolute nuts! Hardcore criminals acting with some sense? I am truelly shocked. I mean I heard how mafia sometimes feel patriotic, but that takes the prize.
It happens in Mexico too, and it has nothing to do with patriotism. The cartels put effort into looking after local people because it makes those people loyal to them and/or puts them in their debt. That in turn helps protect the cartels against the authorities in that area, and gives them a source of low-level runners to work for them. Still, motives aside, you can't help thinking that governments could learn something from that.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 01:44

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 22. Jul 20, 11:03
fiksal wrote:
Wed, 22. Jul 20, 06:24
That's absolute nuts! Hardcore criminals acting with some sense? I am truelly shocked. I mean I heard how mafia sometimes feel patriotic, but that takes the prize.
It happens in Mexico too, and it has nothing to do with patriotism. The cartels put effort into looking after local people because it makes those people loyal to them and/or puts them in their debt. That in turn helps protect the cartels against the authorities in that area, and gives them a source of low-level runners to work for them. Still, motives aside, you can't help thinking that governments could learn something from that.
Tbf, that's why we're talking about dictator's efficiency. I imagine when big Don want it done, all he has to do is utter the words, and the minions will make it happens. There is no talk back, political divide, sorting out the pork in the funding bills ...etc... like politicians have to deal with. Also ... liability is a dirty word.

I remember back in march some mayors, governors, and Trump were balking at each others about issuing the order to close down public places and beaches. Mayors wanted governors to do it, in turn governors wanted Trump to do it, and Trump told the mayors and governors to do it. So each of them all wanted to do it. The laughable part is ALL of them has the power to do it, but don't want to issue such an unpopular order so instead they blamed each other for not doing what they can do themselves.

Samething with how factories didn't close until they were forced by the government. I had seen some people accuse the owners as greedy SOB who didn't think about the safety of others ...etc... Thing is some of those owners probably want to close themselves, but still waited for the government order ... why? Liability. If a factory/business has a lot of secondary contracts, unilateral close by themselves mean they'll have a line of law suits from their partner awaiting them. Closed on the order of the government give them a defense against that (kinda like an 'act of god' clause). And ... we all know the government wouldn't issue such order until the very last moment, or until it's too late because who would want to be on the receiving end if it had turned out to be a costly over-reaction? Not OUR politicians that's for sure. ;)

Crime lords probably don't even have the word liability in their operational dictionary.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 14:11

So Bozo came to Scotland on Thursday, still not sure why. He went up north, to Orkney I think it was, anyway he went to the most Liberal area he could find an Island well away from the mainland and most Scottish people. So he delivered a Trumpian message that was kind of The UK is great, the UK did a wonderful job of handling the pandemic, that only the UK could have done together. This of course is total BS as all parts of the UK tackled the virus by themselves, using the same information but reacting differently. In Scotland the virus is all but gone, yes there are a few cases going around but they are few and far between and they are closed down as soon as they are appearing. England on the other hand is till teaming with the virus.

So that was it, that was his visit to Scotland and like the 99.99% of Scotland that he ignored, that same 99.99% of Scotland ignored him, he's not exactly liked up here. But anyhow, something must have happened, something must have been said to him, he must have seen something or something was done to him as he headed back to the safety of London where he starts going on about how mistakes were made, that they could have done better, that maybe the lockdown came late, that they didn't understand the virus at the start. A total 180% turn around from what he has been saying.

Of course the now burning question is, why is he now going back on what he has been saying, what happened in Scotland or is that just coincidental. Of course most of it is total BS, especially that part they didn't understand the virus because even I was saying lockdown two weeks before the lockdown as the virus was just going to kill a lot of people by not doing it. So if I knew how come he didn't know, where did he have his head at the time, some place dark and smelly I reckon.

He made a mess of it and all of a sudden he has suddenly noticed this. I think it was the BBC that put it that he was in the job at the wrong time, that he is ill equipped to handle something like a pandemic. As Bozo the clown, he is there to entertain, he is all for happy days where everything that is all laughs and fun, he can't do doom and gloom, as everything to him is just a joke and a gag. Well that joke and a laugh cost a lot of people their lives and livelihood, is that what he found out in his day trip to Scotland.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 18:00

And yesterday, Trump gave his support to a "doctor" that says masks do nothing, endorses HCL, and that has also claimed vaccines are made from alien DNA to make people anti-religious as well as demon sperm being the cause of some uterine diseases. But Fauci is wrong and doesn't have America's best interests in mind.

*sigh*

This is what our president endorses... not our health and safety. Is it any wonder Covid is out of control here? Our people are dying by the truck loads and this is the message our president wants us to hear.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 03:18

This could be interesting. He is in that age group of where he is probably not going to have a good time of it, a good probability of not surviving, but I have a problem feeling sorry for him. You do have to wonder if he has a brain cell in the first place, seeing as he is saying he probably caught the virus because he was wearing a mask, yeah that's where he had to have caught it from. I must admit I wouldn't have been too nice to him if I was one of his staff members and he turned up in person to tell me he had caught the virus, he would have got some pretty severe verbal abuse from me. What an idiot. Another good point, he has probably passed it onto that other idiot, Bill Barr.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 06:03

felter wrote:
Thu, 30. Jul 20, 03:18
This could be interesting. He is in that age group of where he is probably not going to have a good time of it, a good probability of not surviving, but I have a problem feeling sorry for him. You do have to wonder if he has a brain cell in the first place, seeing as he is saying he probably caught the virus because he was wearing a mask, yeah that's where he had to have caught it from. I must admit I wouldn't have been too nice to him if I was one of his staff members and he turned up in person to tell me he had caught the virus, he would have got some pretty severe verbal abuse from me. What an idiot. Another good point, he has probably passed it onto that other idiot, Bill Barr.
Amazingly, but some people are just that dumb. I dont really feel sorry for him either. Since this isnt a real disease to the republicans, I am sure he'll be fine.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 06:18

I watched bits of the house judiciary hearing on anti-trust violations with Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Apple. Every little bit that I watched, Gym Jordan would go on a conspiracy rant and then get yelled at to put his mask back on. It'd be funny if this wasn't a member of congress. Instead it's just sad.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 08:52

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 30. Jul 20, 06:18
I watched bits of the house judiciary hearing on anti-trust violations with Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Apple. Every little bit that I watched, Gym Jordan would go on a conspiracy rant and then get yelled at to put his mask back on. It'd be funny if this wasn't a member of congress. Instead it's just sad.
This is actually perfect timing for the corporations to get away with no charge, because a (relatively) lot of people in congress is that kind of dumb / malicious.
felter wrote:
Thu, 30. Jul 20, 03:18
I mean, we're 7 billions, we're too many... If only it was that kind of people only causing a population decrease...

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 09:18

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Thu, 30. Jul 20, 08:52
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 30. Jul 20, 06:18
This is actually perfect timing for the corporations to get away with no charge, because a (relatively) lot of people in congress is that kind of dumb / malicious.
Without getting too much into the overall ordeal of the hearing, Google, especially, has been caught red handed engaging in some seriously ****** business practices that republicans even questioned when they weren't spouting conspiracies about big tech being out to get conservatives. I really don't think they're going to get away with much and Google in particular is going to ultimately be on the receiving in of some of some rulings against them, as they should be imo.

But anyway, that can be discussed in detail in another topic. It was just mind blowing to me to watch some of these creatures, like ol' Gymmy boy, act out with no sense of civility on the committee floor and in front of the cameras, especially over the house rules to wear a mask. These people would win a lot more support just by not flaunting safety measures. They're fine with killing people that *may* be a threat to the US, but wearing a mask... oh no, that's just too much.
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 16:29

I know it's a bit late but I just stumbled onto this. So it turns out Trumps little rally, more than likely did help in the spread of Covid-19. I had been wondering if it had.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 16:35

That was something to expect as that's how virus spreading works: groups of people not wearing face masks surprisingly increase chances to spread it.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 17:28

Tea Party activist, Herman Cain, attended the Tulsa rally and has died this morning from Covid he contracted at the event.
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 18:06

Well that is one death that can be directly attributed to Donald J. Trump. If Trump never had that rally, Herman Cain would still be alive today, and Trump was warned that if he went ahead with the rally that this could happen, I can see a lawsuit in the near future.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 18:41

I dunno. Everyone that attended had to sign a waver.
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 19:42

Which has been shown to be legally non binding, in other words it means nothing.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 20:53

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 30. Jul 20, 17:28
Tea Party activist, Herman Cain, attended the Tulsa rally and has died this morning from Covid he contracted at the event.

Some highlights from that:

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/ar ... -diagnosis
Just before announcing his diagnosis on July 2, Cain posted support for not mandating masks at a July 4 event at Mount Rushmore in South Dakota that Trump was planning to attend.

"Masks will not be mandatory for the event, which will be attended by President Trump. PEOPLE ARE FED UP!" he tweeted.

What a wise advise, mr Cain, well done.

EDIT: another one bites the dust!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-m ... t-usa-dies
Turning Point USA, the conservative student organization, announced the death of its co-founder, Bill Montgomery, who was 80.

Caleb Hull, a Republican strategist, announced his death on Twitter and said Montgomery “lost his fight against COVID-19.”
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 01:06

There has been around 3000 deaths in the US in the last 2 days, and the daily death count seems to be going up which is what was being predicted to happen. So much for the, it's only the young being infected now and they seem to be safe.

It's all

About

the mask

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 08:28

Lockdown restrictions reintroduced in large parts of Northern England:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 08:41

I'm sorry, but you're probably going straight to a six-figures death toll at this rate.
And a civil war.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 11:50

@ BrasatoAlBarolo : What, in Northern England? (You may need to indicate to whom you are replying. :wink: )
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “Off Topic English”