Could use some tech insight - Amplifier.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dreez
x4

Could use some tech insight - Amplifier.

Post by Dreez » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 03:24

Currently the lucky owner of a super rare Pioneer A-09, one of the very few examples that were sold
outside of Japan in the early 90's. But lately i've started to miss having a remote.
So i'm considering selling it and i started researching a new amplifier and got stuck on either a Yamaha A-S1100 or A-S2100.

I've done a ton of research and the A-S2100 only has 1 thing over the A-S1100 that i'm really interested in,
namely 44.000µF while the A-S1100 only have 36.000µF per channel.

The A-S2100 costs about $500 more. And apart from the increased condensatorbank, it also houses
a far superior headphone jacket and balanced ports. However... i don't use headphones or balanced cables,
so i have no use of those 2 extra features.

However.. going from 36.000 to 44.000 is an increase of almost 25% in condensatorbank,
but is it worth that extra $500 and how much does it really impact the sound ?.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Could use some tech insight - Amplifier.

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 7. Jan 20, 04:09

Depending on your application, I would almost bet nothing noticeable. If you're doing any kind of record production, I probably would opt for the best equipment possible, but if it's for personal use, I would almost bet if you did a side by side comparison of the 2 amps, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference. Either way, it's Yamaha, I doubt you'll have any quality issues to worry about.

Honestly, I would be more curious how either of those produced sound next to the highest end Aventage receivers. I realize 2 channel amps vs surround are miles apart but comparing those 2 channel to 2 channel if there would be any noticeable difference outside of a studio. I have a mid range for my home theater and I love it.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Return to “Off Topic English”