hello

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DIGSIN
x4

hello

Post by DIGSIN » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 22:41

Hello Guys,
I haven't been here for roughly 10 years.

I used to run the After domination forums. but due to money problems and the stress off moving 300 miles and having to find a new decently paid job.i had to leave (not only X BUT) the forums.

i have finally managed to get a decent job plus upgrade the pc to better than X4 standards and i am BACK.

Obviously i need to relearn the modding ETC, but time will tell if i take it up or not.

Anyway. im back and am looking forward to the general chat being what it used to be. full of 'sorry i was pissed' and other silly posts etc

Observe
xr

Re: hello

Post by Observe » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 02:14

Hi Digsin welcome back! I remember you well. :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 02:25

Wb Digsin! Glad you've sorted out your RL issues.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 10:42

Hello Digs,

glad you found your way back.

Looking forward to your take on things, I'm sure you come up with great stuff as back in the days. :-)

MFG

Ketraar

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 07:09

Howdy
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 23:19

First off, Ketraar, thanks for helping me to sort this account so i could come back.

Observe, i remember you, hopefully you are still making models for the x series.

Euclid and fiscal, i remember your names, but i don't think we had much interaction, apart from me laughing at fiscals drunkard posts,(if i have the right person)

NOW to the game.

First impressions. ( as in real life)

How the F~~~~~ do i land this damn ship? I love and hate the docking sequence. I actually bought a docking computer and still haven't used it. WELL DONE EGOSOFT a system i hate but still want to use ( THUMBS UP)

Trying to get my trading ships to work automatically? Its defiantly not as easy as in x3. im sure in time i will re-learn it, but what a pain in the backside this is.

SECTOR SIZE: What can i say? It actually feels like i am in space. Well done egosoft for giving us the areas we should have always had. ( i understand the space constraints with previous games but you are now hitting the mark)

I still have a lot more to learn about this new format and i am now looking forward to it, even though it is with gritted teeth.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 11:15

As with many X4 players (and most X players) the WTF moments are part of the experience, just hang on. :D

Before I go into some hints, I'll let you know that there is currently a open Beta (3.0) that includes a lot of new player tutorials that are significantly better then the ones currently ingame. for more details on the 3.0 Beta read this viewtopic.php?f=192&t=405397

WRT to docking, there are 3 "levels" of it:
  • Manual Docking - Fly towards a dock after having requested docking permission and then you have to play the mini-game where you align the lines until they are all green, when that happens strafe down until the docking sequence takes over.
  • Docking PC Mk1 - Same as #1 but the Computer will take over the ship once its roughly aligned (personal Note: I never buy Mk1 Docking Computer, always go for MK2)
  • Docking PC Mk2 - Just fly towards the landing pad and once near enough the Docking PC takes over even without docking request (does it all on its own)
Regarding Automated traders depends on what type, is it Automated as in line with Universal Traders or working for a station?
UT require the Ships Captain to have enough Skill for the option to be available, you find these abilities in the Behaviour tab (RMB on ship -> Information - change tab).
Side note, most interaction are RMB based, so if you want to give a command you select the ship and RMB on where or what the ships should interact, the dropdown menu then has context sensitive options available depending on target.

Its a tad overwhelming if you come from X3, best is to just forget you played X3 at all and go at this as a new game, it will make your life easier (not easy though as some info you actively have to hunt for).

Hope that points you in the right direction, feel free to ask more questions if you need help, may profits be with you.

MFG

Ketraar

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 00:09

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 18. Nov 19, 11:15
[*] Docking PC Mk2 - Just fly towards the landing pad and once near enough the Docking PC takes over even without docking request (does it all on its own)
Can confirm that with Docking Computer Mk2 I can fly a destroyer backwards, upside down, inside out, at top speed, with the Xenon shooting at me, faceplant off most of the station and still dock smoothly.

For some reason the correlation with having consumed three bottles of wine is... high.

EDIT: I was joking about one thing only - the destroyer bit.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 05:46

DIGSIN wrote:
Sun, 17. Nov 19, 23:19
Euclid and fiscal, i remember your names, but i don't think we had much interaction, apart from me laughing at fiscals drunkard posts,(if i have the right person)
It is quite possible!

DIGSIN wrote:
Sun, 17. Nov 19, 23:19
NOW to the game.
I've bought Rebirth, but didnt get to play it much... I miss flying every ship in game. Interesting ideas added, some good ones subtracted.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 10:37

Rebirth? Just to make sure, my replys were related to X4 as I assumed Digs was talking about that one (there is no docking sequence in Rebirth), also you can fly almost all ship (exceptions to Xenon and Khaak ships).

MFG

Ketraar

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 11:26

Yes it is x4.

I found the behaviour tab the other day, and so far the mining ship is behaving as I want, although i am keeping my eye on it at the moment.

Nice tip about the docking mk2. I havnt bought it as i am enjoying the tedious lining up at the moment.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 13:15

Err, this is the Off Topic forum which is fine for the odd hello and welcome back thread. However, if you all now wish to discuss X4 gameplay then there is a whole X4: Foundations forum for that specific purpose. :wink: Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 18:37

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 19. Nov 19, 10:37
Rebirth? Just to make sure, my replys were related to X4 as I assumed Digs was talking about that one (there is no docking sequence in Rebirth), also you can fly almost all ship (exceptions to Xenon and Khaak ships).

MFG

Ketraar
Ah gotcha, I am one game behind

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 18:50

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 19. Nov 19, 13:15
However, if you all now wish to discuss X4 gameplay then there is a whole X4: Foundations forum for that specific purpose. :wink: Thanks.
What are you saying? Are you implying that people venture outside of OT al lon their own? If so how dare you! :P
fiksal wrote:
Tue, 19. Nov 19, 18:37
Ah gotcha, I am one game behind
You are missing out. :-)

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “Off Topic English”