Acer XF270HUA vs XB271HK 27

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Acer XF270HUA vs XB271HK 27

Post by Free Trade Inn » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 22:14

Ok I bought a 1080Ti Strix and need a new monitor. Im trying to keep the price down and looking at the above.
What do you guys think about my options? Or do you have better value recomendations?

Cheers in advance,

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 22:56

XF270HUA looks to have AMD FreeSync.
XB271HK looks to have NVidia G-Sync.
Not sure if that matters.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 23:24

What's your requirement, as I can certainly recommend cheaper monitors - but I don't think we shop in the same stores :D

As for trying to keep the price down - they look to be £700 monitors. At that price point I'd get myself to somewhere I can actually see them in all honesty (if that's possible these days?).

Of course I'd also check out a bucket of online reviews to really get idea as to the pros/cons of the models, as well as potential alternatives.

Can't offer much beyond that, I barely spend 120 on my monitor, so definitely not the one to be making recommendations :D

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Acer XF270HUA vs XB271HK 27

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 3. Sep 18, 00:15

Free Trade Inn wrote:...What do you guys think about my options? Or do you have better value recomendations?
What are you going to be using that monitor for, most of the time? Do you have any specific requirements or needs?

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Mon, 3. Sep 18, 00:28

My requirements would just be games.

Chers in advance,

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 3. Sep 18, 02:18

jlehtone wrote:XF270HUA looks to have AMD FreeSync.
XB271HK looks to have NVidia G-Sync.
Not sure if that matters.
Since he's talking about pairing the monitor with a 1080Ti (an NVidia card), he should therefore get the one that supports the NVidia G-Sync option.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 3. Sep 18, 05:51

XB271HK seems to get vertical tears in the middle of the screen sometimes?

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB ... geNumber=1

However, this monitor appears to have a known defect. In the middle of the screen there are times when a random vertical tear will appear. The tear is approximately 6 pixels wide.

3/5 stars on newegg

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... -_-Product

XF270HUA

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... -_-Product

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 3. Sep 18, 16:34

Free Trade Inn wrote:My requirements would just be games...
Then, my rec would be the XB271HK. Not because of "gsync" which is probably just a way for NVidia to capitalize on market-share and licensing, but because it looks like it has a better feature set.

Though, it does look like that monitor only accepts HDMI and Display Port inputs, so if you wanted some other configuration you'd have to use adapters.

GSync doesn't seem like "A Big Deal ™" so don't make a bunch of decisions based on it. The only advantage, if there is one, is that it's hardware supported, so that might give it a bit of an edge. But, there's software solutions to force frame drops and the like to prevent tearing.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 3. Sep 18, 18:45

Morkonan wrote:GSync doesn't seem like "A Big Deal ™" ... there's software solutions to force frame drops and the like to prevent tearing.
Hence my "not sure if matters". Furthermore, on recent news: someone has hacked NVidia card to work with FreeSync.

XB271HK is a 4K (@60 Hz) resolution, while XF270HUA is mere QHD (@144 Hz)? The current NVidia RTX speculation threads imply that 10xx are not strong enough for 4K and fear the 20xx too.

The 1440p (like QHD) text is a bit small on 27" without interface scaling, IMHO. (Not to mention certain legacy games that allow no UI scaling.)
I presume that 4K is smaller (2/3) on 27". That is small.

@FTI: Did you already ponder such details?

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 10:48

I would like to point out that I'm very glad I read this post before consigning it to the Spam Bin. :)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Return to “Off Topic English”