Cyberpunk 2077

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 14:54

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 14:37
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 13:56
matthewfarmery wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 13:34
I know that CDPR owns GOG, that will be their saving grace. But if they didn't, then who knows? Also it depends if the studio has deep pockets, or if they are tied to a publisher that holds their future. I think in the case of Egosoft, don't they self publish their games now? If the studio was still financially tied tied to a publisher, (and remember a publisher will only give back some of the profits, if the game does better then expected. (but might depend on what deal the publisher has with a studio)

All i'm saying is, there could be a few reasons for a studio to go under. Even if CDPR isn't going anyway, this bad launch will still hurt their profits, and trust with consumers. And considering it has taken 8 plus years for cyberpunk to be released, can CDPR afford to wait another 8 years to release another game? Especailly with so much backlash over their last one?

I think the management of CDPR really needs to consider carefully the studio's future.
Erm... development on Cyberpunk didn't start until after the Blood and Wine expansion was finished for Witcher 3 in 2016. It was nothing more than an idea up to that point with a concept teaser trailer. 4 years for development is pretty normal for big titles.

If they were just gonna throw in the towel and surrender to all the monkeys acting like their life is ruined, they wouldn't be putting out patches. They're still planning expansions. They're not going anywhere. FFS it's just a game.

Sorry but you are wrong, the development started roughly in 2011, so about 9 years.

from google.
Though the game was likely in development a bit before this, so we'd guess 2011 as the likely earliest year development started. That's roughly 9 years of development time for Cyberpunk 2077. And there you have it! Nearly a decade is a long time to work on something, we hope it pays off for CD Projekt Red!
From what I understand is, a small team was working on cyberpunk around the time of the witcher 3, and only when it was close to finished, did the witcher team then move onto cyberpunk.

Edit from another source
How Long Has Cyberpunk 2077 Been in Development?

Based on what we can work out, we’d guess about 9 years.

We don’t know precisely how long the game has been in development for, and it matters when you count development starts.

Here’s how we get to the number we did, though fair warning it is a rough estimate.

The first trailer was released in 2013, so it’s at least 7 years, but the game would need to be developed a little to produce a meaningful trailer.

A team was supposedly working on the game in 2012 according to a CD Projekt Red Conference, that makes 8 years.
https://www.gfinityesports.com/article/ ... delay-news
Sorry, but you're very wrong. Just because they made a trailer 30 years ago, doesn't mean they started work on coding the game. I don't care what some numbnuts on the web guesses but their own staff said they didn't start work on it till after they finished the last Witcher expansion. FMV trailer != anything to do with the actual function or appearance of the game. It might as well have been stick figures flipping each other off for all it was worth. How many FMV sequences for Warcraft and Starcraft bear actual resemblance to the in game graphics and animations? Not a damn one of them. Hell, I doubt they even rendered that trailer themselves. They probably paid someone else to do it.

No coders sat down and started working on this game prior to 2016, period.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 15:01

There were two dev teams, Team black was working on cyberpunk, and team red on the witcher.
From Late 2011 to Mid 2016, Cyberpunk 2077 was being developed by Team BLACK, which includes Mike Pondsmith. Team RED was busy working on Witcher 3 and its expansions. As of now, Team RED is working on Cyberpunk 2077, including Mike Pondsmith while Team BLACK is busy working on Gwent.
So I guess there probably was some coding done, but it was only when team red moved onto the cyberpunk game, did development really start. But details still seems to be sketchy at best. But still, there is pre production stage, which probably does cover what Team black was doing.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 15:24

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 15:01
There were two dev teams, Team black was working on cyberpunk, and team red on the witcher.
From Late 2011 to Mid 2016, Cyberpunk 2077 was being developed by Team BLACK, which includes Mike Pondsmith. Team RED was busy working on Witcher 3 and its expansions. As of now, Team RED is working on Cyberpunk 2077, including Mike Pondsmith while Team BLACK is busy working on Gwent.
So I guess there probably was some coding done, but it was only when team red moved onto the cyberpunk game, did development really start. But details still seems to be sketchy at best. But still, there is pre production stage, which probably does cover what Team black was doing.
Yes, there was pre-production. That began in 2016.
As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go on full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production
https://d2skuhm0vrry40.cloudfront.net/2 ... bersps.png
Dude, sorry, they didn't write a lick of code, model characters, anything to start moving from conception to production until then. They didn't even have the engine ready. And after doing some digging, I was right, they hired Platige Image to create their teaser trailer.

Again, it was nothing more than a concept. Pondsmith was nothing more than a consultant who helped storyboard the idea. I have no idea where you got the "team black" stuff from but its not in any of their documentation I've been able to find.

Anywho, I'm done arguing over this. It's a pointless digression and is irrelevant to today's goings on. In fact, I'm gonna go hop back in and continue on with my 2nd play through.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 15:40

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/12/cyber ... -timeline/
Those plans obviously include Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt Red’s next big game, which was announced in May 2012. I had a look up upstairs at Cyberpunk development when I visited in 2013, but I wasn’t allowed this time. There were around 50 people on the team back then so I imagine pre-production and planning are been done, but beyond that I don’t know. All work done on the RedEngine for The Witcher will be mutually beneficial, and the experience the studio gained likewise.
So pre production started around 2013, that was about 50 people, so Team black.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:06

mmm yes, more guess work by bloggers that contradicts what the devs have said. Yep, totally checks out.
rebellionpac.com

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:11

It doesn't matter if it was in development for 4 years, 9 years or 20 years. Fact is it was released in a bad state and too early either way.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:14

Aparently you cannot play this game too much, because if save file exceds 8 mb it become corrupted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6RgU14hb0

I feel lucky that I decided not to buy C2077 untill I beat Witcher 3.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:28

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:11
It doesn't matter if it was in development for 4 years, 9 years or 20 years. Fact is it was released in a bad state and too early either way.
And it's also a fact that they've acknowledged that and they're gonna fix it. People can hate on em all they want to, but they're gonna keep going. They're offering refunds, they're correcting the issues. Seriously, what more can they possibly do? Should they throw their hands up and dwell on their failure and close up shop to make the Mr. Whos of the world happy? Or should they keep on moving forward? It's not like Mr Who, or anyone else that's delighting in this unfortunate circumstance is offering any kind of solution. So should we listen to those dip shits or give CDPR a chance to sort the game out?
rebellionpac.com

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:30

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:14
Aparently you cannot play this game too much, because if save file exceds 8 mb it become corrupted:

This only affects those who are excessively abuse crafting mechanics in order to make quick bucks. (we are talking about 10000s of crafted items here). If you play thoroughly (making quests, following story line, having fun) for ~100h you won't hit that limit. My endgame save is 5 MB.

Should be addressed though as it sounds like a nasty & unnecessary bug. (the dev fixing that will most certainly facepalm :D )

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:49

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:30
mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 18:14

This only affects those who are excessively abuse crafting mechanics in order to make quick bucks. (we are talking about 10000s of crafted items here). If you play thoroughly (making quests, following story line, having fun) for ~100h you won't hit that limit. My endgame save is 5 MB.

Should be addressed though as it sounds like a nasty & unnecessary bug. (the dev fixing that will most certainly facepalm :D )
I dunno. Depends on how much data is actually needed to track a save. It's a bigger facepalm, though, to trash talk the game when dude doesn't even have it. Like I said, just an asshole that likes to see shit burn.
rebellionpac.com

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:59

If so many people weren't having issues this game would be garnering recognition left and right, there are many positive things about it. I finished the main story line and most side quests. After the 1.04 hotfix I got more stable fps and now I only experience minor bugs.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 20:19

notaterran wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 19:59
If so many people weren't having issues this game would be garnering recognition left and right, there are many positive things about it. I finished the main story line and most side quests. After the 1.04 hotfix I got more stable fps and now I only experience minor bugs.
Agreed. The story is fantastic. Graphics are top notch. Combat is fun. The voice actors did a phenomenal job. Did you know the english female voice for V is done by the actress that voices Asuna in Sword Art Online? The voice sounded so familiar and was driving me nuts trying to place it till I looked her up. Anyway, she did a bang up job, as did the rest.
rebellionpac.com

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 02:25

I'm enjoying the story, running and gunning, but the bloody police AI is driving me nuts.

I've literally just walked past a group of coppers who were just stood around at one of the crime scenes, and they've aggroed for no reason! It flashed up "crime reported" and then they chased me! What's the crime??? Walking jauntily?!

Literal gang war going on in front of police? Not interested.
Tycow going for a stroll? GET HIM BOYS!

Arrrrrgh!

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 05:18

The most recent hotfix has helped my FPS massively. Restarted as streetkid because I didn't like my character and I was only about an hour in, and a place where before I got about 15 fps in one room I now got 60 fps. At 1440p with medium-ish settings. One thing that's made a big difference though is enabling HDR. First PC game I've tried it on and its given so visual much depth at no performance cost. Just annoying having to enable it/disable it when I start/exit the game because Windows HDR is awful and text is nearly unreadable (but find in-game).
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 06:24

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 05:18
The most recent hotfix has helped my FPS massively. Restarted as streetkid because I didn't like my character and I was only about an hour in, and a place where before I got about 15 fps in one room I now got 60 fps. At 1440p with medium-ish settings. One thing that's made a big difference though is enabling HDR. First PC game I've tried it on and its given so visual much depth at no performance cost. Just annoying having to enable it/disable it when I start/exit the game because Windows HDR is awful and text is nearly unreadable (but find in-game).
HDR works fine with Windows, but what you're experiencing is a lack of an HDR color profile for the desktop. Your monitor's manufacturer should have one available for you. You can google how to set that up. There's also a color profile setting in chrome and edge that may be of use that will help with the browser but won't do anything for the general desktop.

But honestly, if you're not watching HDR content, there's no benefit to having HDR turned on.
rebellionpac.com

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 09:23

This game in a year is going to be a masterpiece.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 14:41

sonofa... who else didn't know you could move people you grab before taking them out? I've just been doing my ninja thing and then hiding the bodies but you can totally grab and then move them before the kill... I've been doing it the hard way for no good reason...
rebellionpac.com

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 15:03

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 14:41
sonofa... who else didn't know you could move people you grab before taking them out? I've just been doing my ninja thing and then hiding the bodies but you can totally grab and then move them before the kill... I've been doing it the hard way for no good reason...
It's all in the body tooltip ^^
Increase movement while grappling an enemy and enemy grapple duration by 5 sec
My body 20 V is the real ninja :muscle: :mrgreen:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 15:33

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Mon, 21. Dec 20, 09:23
This game in a year is going to be a masterpiece.
I'm not so sure about that.

I found this interesting video. The person while he did enjoy playing the game. However, there is a big chunk of stuff that he didn't like. Also it highlights promises that the devs did lie about, or should I say, promises that the trailers did show and not in the game, or has been cut. Including the sense of choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JGQ3s ... =emb_title

Worth watching.

To make the game a masterpiece, would require a great deal of code changes, now if that happens in some of the DLC? I don't know. But as the game is on last gen systems, then its very likely that the devs might have to make a choice, if to support those systems, or cut them out from farther development.

While people are raving over how good the game looks, for me, I prefer solid gameplay over graphics. And while the game looks pretty good. I think the game just looks shallow.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 21. Dec 20, 21:57

If bosses at CDPR had no idea that this was going to happen, then they are in the wrong job. They must have known there were issues with the game as they did everything they could to hide it from everyone. The smart thing that they should have done was delay the release on the XBOX and PS4 saying the game was just not ready to be released on those platforms while releasing it on the other platforms. They never did that, so they are getting all they deserve, they have no one but themself to blame.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Return to “Off Topic English”