Brexit game

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 08:53

pjknibbs wrote:How is the average person in the street supposed to know if any deal Trump comes up with is the "best bilateral deal ever" anyway?
That's not the point of the question though ;)

I don't think there is a need to over-analyses or defensive about it, after all this is not something strange for human behavior, most countries go high and mighty about stuffs like liberty, democracy, human right ...etc... when the matter of affair don't effect their own internal well being, most if not all tend to turn the other way when we need their oil, influence, or business.

One more time, it's just a hypothetical question. If you ask me realistically whether Trump will give UK a good deal, I doubt it, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm just ... curious so to speak, more on the human nature rather than of political nature. Again, if the UK end up with a no deal exit, and - hypothetically - Trump is there to provide a good option than do you think the UK's public will change, given how anti-Trump it is right now? (If I am to believe the media that is, which I often don't, just FYI). If you find the question is hard to answer honestly, you can clear your conscience and pretend the answer doesn't reflect yourself, but of others around you, or you can just cast it on your leaders/politician.

I'm simply interested in an honest response, that's all. Of course, no one here is obligated to answer. :)

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 09:54

Were Trump to give the UK a good trade deal would it change peoples opinions of Trump?

Some yes, the majority, no, I don't think so.

But I think it's probably a moot point, Trump's notion of a "good deal" is one where he wins and the other party loses. That's not a great basis for working out a trade deal.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 10:21

Mightysword wrote:Just a hypothetical question: if UK does end up exiting with no deal and Trump live up to his word delievering the best bilateral trade deal you've ever seen. In all honesty do you think the UK will change his view about him?
Doubt it, though obviously can't be 100% sure how other people would react. However, speaking just for myself, my opinion on someone is based on observation of their general character, personality, morality, etc, rather than what they can do for me. Doesn't matter how good a post-Brexit trade deal was, my opinion of Trump would not change in the slightest.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 13:29

Yeah, I'm with GCU Grey Area. A single good deed isn't going to change my opinion of Trump for all the stuff he's done up to now.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 25. Aug 18, 13:39

Mightysword wrote:One more time, it's just a hypothetical question. If you ask me realistically whether Trump will give UK a good deal, I doubt it, but that's not what I'm asking. I'm just ... curious so to speak, more on the human nature rather than of political nature. Again, if the UK end up with a no deal exit, and - hypothetically - Trump is there to provide a good option than do you think the UK's public will change, given how anti-Trump it is right now? (If I am to believe the media that is, which I often don't, just FYI). If you find the question is hard to answer honestly, you can clear your conscience and pretend the answer doesn't reflect yourself, but of others around you, or you can just cast it on your leaders/politician.
If people have an opinion about Trump that has been formed by a large number of his previous actions and statements, then why on earth would they change that opinion based on a single further action, no matter how momentous the impact of it may have? That would be like reacting to a murderer as "He murdered a whole bunch of people in the past, but he just recently donated to charity, so he's a really great guy!!" :P

Return to “Off Topic English”