I cooked

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 8. May 18, 15:59

Hank001 wrote:Berth:
Extraordinary how much one post can alter one's perception of the poster
Got to admit that MasterB got just plain poetic. Though a prime cut of beef can do that. :D
Passion.

At the risk of embarrassing our friend, Masterbagger, I have to point out that anyone with sufficient passion for something can suddenly find themselves sufficiently inspired to rise above "the common man" and enter into the realm of the great Philosophers and Poets. Which watched a bit of that happening, here, methinks...

And, it's not something that can be harnessed for everyday, common, use. It's "special." Trying to apply that inspiration to everything, every day, is exhausting... That level of dedication can only ever be reserved to a few special things in our lives. Our hearts are only just so big and can only contain just-so much stuff that really inspires us.

For Masterbagger, one of those things happens to be brisket! And, we're lucky to have experienced that passion with him in this thread!

Thanks, Masterbagger!

(I bet he throws an awesome backyard-BBQ! ;) )

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 9. May 18, 00:07

Well written Masterbager!

Having a strictly plant-based diet for many decades, I abhor the the notion of meat consumption for myself, but I respect the choices of others and I respect well-crafted use of the English language - regardless of subject. Good job.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 12. May 18, 06:54

Looks like I had a few too many last Friday night. I've got a clearer head now but I'll still stand by every word of what I wrote. We aren't meant to live forever. Take what joy you can and share it. A man can live through beef by bringing his family and friends to the table. It's a deeply personal kind of pleasure. It's one of the best things about Texas I know. No matter where I am on Earth I bring this with me. I can share beef with my family and my most treasured friends. This is my great joy. This is why I work so hard to master an art that can't be mastered.

If you want to tackle a brisket you better be humble. You are not in charge. You approach it with awe and reverence. A mighty animal died to put the most ornery cut of beef you have ever handled in your hands. Your pride will not defeat a brisket. You show it the respect it is due or you fail. If you have never done it, try. Accept the failures. Let them become part of you. You are already greater than the man who has never attempted it.
Who made that man a gunner?

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 12. May 18, 19:22

Masterbagger wrote:Looks like I had a few too many last Friday night. I've got a clearer head now but I'll still stand by every word of what I wrote. We aren't meant to live forever. Take what joy you can and share it. A man can live through beef by bringing his family and friends to the table. It's a deeply personal kind of pleasure. It's one of the best things about Texas I know. No matter where I am on Earth I bring this with me. I can share beef with my family and my most treasured friends. This is my great joy. This is why I work so hard to master an art that can't be mastered.

If you want to tackle a brisket you better be humble. You are not in charge. You approach it with awe and reverence. A mighty animal died to put the most ornery cut of beef you have ever handled in your hands. Your pride will not defeat a brisket. You show it the respect it is due or you fail. If you have never done it, try. Accept the failures. Let them become part of you. You are already greater than the man who has never attempted it.
Worthy of song.

Honestly.

Nicely written, nicely expressed. You should write more often about things you're passionate about.

Return to “Off Topic English”