Minecraft is back!

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 22. Feb 18, 20:02

korio wrote:...Parents should be the ones taking care of what their kids do and do not, these days parents just throw a tablet to kids so they stop being annoying and parents can relax...
Televisions, computer games, teh internetz, laptops, consoles, iPhones, tablets... All of these things have been, at one time or another, viewed as a "guilty pleasure" by parents. "Junior" isn't bugging them, isn't demanding their attention or requiring them to interact, so they can relax a bit and wind down after a long day at work. Never underestimate the impact of a two-worker household, either, and the decline of multi-generation households and the negative impact it has on raising children...

I've seen television used as a baby-sitting device and, in the modern day, all the electronic interactions children have access to are also used, somewhat, as baby-sitting devices. Dinner table interactions are practically unknown, the family engages in fewer and fewer shared activities, children have more interactions with their peers than their parents and, thus, more time than ever in their own adolescent Echo Chambers to come up with the worst, most ridiculous and harmful, notions and values...

Yeah, a good subject for an entirely different thread! :)

PS - When I get my PC setup redone, I'll probably join you guys for a bit just to see how all this Minecraft Multiplayer stuff works. I've got the basic parts, just need to get the new PC together and set some things up. (Will be streaming it on my bigscreen/controller setup, probably.)

Return to “Off Topic English”