noscript issues

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrbadger
x3tc

noscript issues

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 21:25

Is anyone else having the same problem with the new version of noscript in Firefox as me.

I go to a website, select to allow all the components, refresh the page (both within the app and via the browser, the outcome is the same), but when I go bask, for lots of sites the scripts are once again disabled.

This is notably occurring on sites I buy things from, but not all such sites.

And not all sites I go too either. Not here for instance, but on Audible, which is an Amazon company, on Whittards, on Apple, Paypal, which I am starting to use more now.

It's inconsistent, sometimes it happens, sometimes not. It's irritating. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using a mac, or whether other people are having the same problems.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 21:28

I've seen this issue. It has to have something to do with the new scripting/whatever format, since that was never an issue before.

This doesn't seem to happen for sites I've added to my "list" of exceptions, though. It only happens when I'm configuring permissions on the fly and just using the "temporary" rule for them.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 22:18

The way it currently works in new NoScript is that clicking Trusted only temporarily trusts the site--you'll notice that a large clock icon appears at the end of the button. You have to click on that clock icon to remove it to make the permissions permanent.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 22. Dec 17, 22:41

pjknibbs wrote:The way it currently works in new NoScript is that clicking Trusted only temporarily trusts the site--you'll notice that a large clock icon appears at the end of the button. You have to click on that clock icon to remove it to make the permissions permanent.
I've not been doing that that I'm aware, I'll start trying
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 23. Dec 17, 00:35

pjknibbs wrote:The way it currently works in new NoScript is that clicking Trusted only temporarily trusts the site--you'll notice that a large clock icon appears at the end of the button. You have to click on that clock icon to remove it to make the permissions permanent.
I did that with a few sites, check my list and such to be sure, and then it seemed to get blown out and quirky related to one/two. I just remember it happening and wondering "wtf." :)

I have noticed that it does seem to handle certain sorts of pages a bit better, but I'm not so confident that it's better than it was in terms of keeping things I don't want happening from happening. Gotta read up on it, I guess.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 17:36

Well now it's a new version I guess they'll be updating and fixing these issues. I hope so. Maybe I should click on that donate button....

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 19:22

mrbadger wrote:Maybe I should click on that donate button....
Donate? Next thing you know, you'll be suggesting we pay for Winrar...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 20:22

Why would you pay for WinRAR when you can get the superior 7-zip for free? :wink:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 20:43

WINZIP FOAR TEH WINZ!

(7-Zip = awesome I usually have both it and Winrar installed as part of my "default utilities" install routine whenever I have a new O.S.)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 21:42

I just memorised the command line arguments for tar....

No really, and I force my students to use it too :D

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 12:19

mrbadger wrote:I just memorised the command line arguments for tar....

No really, and I force my students to use it too :D
One day you're going to save the world.

Honestly, since they added the a flag, tar arguments got a lot easier to remember. tar xaf and tar caf are all you need.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 12:47

That comic is at the bottom of my Linux command line worksheet :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 30. Dec 17, 22:31

I just noticed that the UI for NoScript has changed again. There are now two buttons for "trust"--one with a clock icon to tempoerarily trust the item, and another one that will permanently trust it.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 15:38

Well the problem is now so consistently bad I've just taken to using the temporarily trust all on page button, since it never remembers settings for any site I use, including the one for my own internal NAS....
Advise from the developer involves uninstalling other plugins, but that's a no go, since if I wasn't using them they wouldn't be installed.

It's obviously just a problem with his code-base that needs fixing, not a problem being caused by other plugins. Were this not the case, so many people would not be experiencing identical problems.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 18:19

pjknibbs wrote:I just noticed that the UI for NoScript has changed again. There are now two buttons for "trust"--one with a clock icon to tempoerarily trust the item, and another one that will permanently trust it.
There's now a proper description to mark the "Temporary" option. And, I didn't know it had updated, either, which pisses me off...

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 31. Dec 17, 21:34

I got a notification it had updated after the madness of its quantum launch :P

Does seem to be behaving itself now though.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 21:51

TSM wrote:I got a notification it had updated after the madness of its quantum launch :P

Does seem to be behaving itself now though.
I got the same notification after the new launch... sort of. IIRC, there were two updates in quick succession and I was notified of the second one...

I did not get notified that it had recently updated in the last few days, though.

You know what I find frustrating? Coders who don't bother with putting "dates" on their changelogs...

"Oh, the app is now in its latest version 1.675308146.92457426.b!"

"But, when did it get updated to that version?"

"I dunno... sometime in 1998."

Return to “Off Topic English”