Death announcements for persons of note

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

greypanther
Posts: 1160
Joined: Wed, 24. Nov 10, 21:54
x3ap

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by greypanther » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 20:56

RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 23. Oct 19, 02:53
I don't have any answers, but not having any answers does not do well by anybody :(.
I have some of the answers, but they are not good ones, no matter how you look at them. ( No I will not post them. ) :(
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

burger1
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri, 21. Aug 09, 22:51
x3tc

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by burger1 » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 01:53

Another DS9 actor has died. Rene Auberjonois aka Odo from DS9.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/people-news ... 203429137/

pjknibbs
Posts: 28944
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 09:34

burger1 wrote:
Mon, 9. Dec 19, 01:53
Another DS9 actor has died. Rene Auberjonois aka Odo from DS9.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/people-news ... 203429137/
Wow, he played Mr. House in Fallout: NV--never knew that! And his Odo was fantastic, that goes without saying. RIP.

pjknibbs
Posts: 28944
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 09:31

David Bellamy has died aged 86:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50752089

I remember him from those botany programmes in the 70s/80s, more childhood gone.

User avatar
chew-ie
Posts: 1528
Joined: Mon, 5. May 08, 00:05
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 07:41

R.I.P. UK :(

Image


BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
---
X4.exe != X4 Echse

Rug
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri, 21. Nov 03, 15:14
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by Rug » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 09:16

Yup, it's a sad day indeed. :(
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

User avatar
Chips
Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri, 19. Mar 04, 20:46
x3tc

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by Chips » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 12:14

pjknibbs wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 09:31
David Bellamy has died aged 86:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50752089

I remember him from those botany programmes in the 70s/80s, more childhood gone.
The guy was an absolute legend for children born in a certain era. His enthusiasm and ability to not just convey it, but impart it to the listener - grabbing their interest and holding them on the subject - was brilliant. How many other kids would watch programs with interest about plants and creepy crawlies? Just a shame he wasn't on our screens for the past 20 odd years :(

User avatar
Ronald Sandoval
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue, 5. Apr 05, 06:56
x3tc

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 14:27

Chips wrote:
Fri, 13. Dec 19, 12:14
pjknibbs wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 09:31
David Bellamy has died aged 86:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50752089

I remember him from those botany programmes in the 70s/80s, more childhood gone.
The guy was an absolute legend for children born in a certain era. His enthusiasm and ability to not just convey it, but impart it to the listener - grabbing their interest and holding them on the subject - was brilliant. How many other kids would watch programs with interest about plants and creepy crawlies? Just a shame he wasn't on our screens for the past 20 odd years :(
i remember him from TISWAS!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL5sHPFhTrM
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

pjknibbs
Posts: 28944
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 16:53

Ronald Sandoval wrote:
Fri, 13. Dec 19, 14:27
i remember him from TISWAS!!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL5sHPFhTrM
I'm sure I remember the *real* David Bellamy actually coming on when Lenny Henry was doing that impression, similarly to how they did with Trevor McDonald in that video.

Rug
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri, 21. Nov 03, 15:14
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by Rug » Tue, 31. Dec 19, 00:18

Farewell Niel Innes

:cry:
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

User avatar
Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon, 19. Dec 05, 22:23
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by Terre » Tue, 31. Dec 19, 11:33

Rug wrote:
Tue, 31. Dec 19, 00:18
Farewell Niel Innes

:cry:
In the wardrobe of my soul, in the section labelled shirts.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

pjknibbs
Posts: 28944
Joined: Wed, 6. Nov 02, 21:31
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 31. Dec 19, 12:26

Brave Sir Robin's chief minstrel gone... :(

User avatar
Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
Posts: 7820
Joined: Mon, 19. Dec 05, 22:23
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by Terre » Wed, 1. Jan 20, 23:44

Artist Syd Mead, best known for his work in Blade Runner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50955699
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

RegisterMe
Posts: 1750
Joined: Sun, 14. Oct 07, 17:47
x4

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 3. Jan 20, 13:19

Unusual one for this thread but Qasem Soleimani - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50979463

I suspect that this will have ramifications.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

User avatar
felter
Posts: 797
Joined: Sat, 9. Nov 02, 19:13
xr

Re: Death announcements for persons of note

Post by felter » Sat, 11. Jan 20, 03:05

Neil Peart aged 67, Drummer and lyricist for Rush for 45 years has passed away after a three and a half year fight with brain Cancer. Kind of explains why the quit touring.

R.I.P. Neil
Stay at home, stay inside but most importantly stay safe.

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic English”