What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

burger1
x3tc

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by burger1 » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 22:34

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. Currently 6.9/10 on imdb based on 11k reviews which seems about right. Was expecting a terrible movie but it was mostly ok. Worst film speed up car chase I have seen in quite a while. Lots of action.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 23:05

Worse than Mandalorian Vespa chase?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 4. Jul 23, 11:09

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 1. Jul 23, 23:05
Worse than Mandalorian Vespa chase?
They said "car" chase, the Vespa "chase" has its own unique category since its so slow it hardly qualifies as a chase. Also it was in The Book of Boba Fett, but I dont fault you to think it was Mando. :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Mon, 10. Jul 23, 20:40

"The Menu" on Disney+ or HBO+

A great socio-critical satire, set in a restaurant run by a chef who realises he gave up everything in life to achieve perfection.
The film spirals down in an increasingly radical plot and manages to land some hard blows in the process.

All in all an enjoyable comedic movie, I can recommend. :D

Last edited by CBJ on Mon, 10. Jul 23, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized image replaced with link

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

RedPanther9
xr

Post by RedPanther9 » Mon, 17. Jul 23, 02:01

totally addicted to x4 Foundation since 2 months.
and Titre original : How the Universe Works (discovery)

but tonight Harry Potter 2 Secret Chamber :wink:

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 28. Aug 23, 00:21

Twisted Metal has a free preview episode on nbc peacock US region locked. In Canada there's a free episode on pluto tv. They did a pretty good adaptation. Some of the scenes look video game like in terms of action/sounds. It's a mix of talking parts and action. Have only watched the free episode so far.

Ahsoka seems ok so far.

Star Trek Strange New worlds season 2 seemed to have fewer good episodes than season 1. First and last episode the best?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 6. Sep 23, 19:00

Looks like Disney Plus has a $1.99 per month for 3 months deal on. Might be 1.5 euros in Europe??? Not sure if there are caveats like ads, etc...

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 16. Sep 23, 06:14

Babylon 5 The Road Home It's an animated Babylon 5 movie. I rate it maybe 6/10.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 25. Sep 23, 23:42

I'm so behind the times I've only just started watching Supernatural. On Amazon Prime. Not expecting great things, and currently it appears fairly run-of-the-mill US TV series (singular stories per episode, first series very thin overarching storyline that's barely touched so far 7 episodes in) - but it's passing the time easier than many more contemporary series tried recently :D

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 2. Oct 23, 08:57

Watched a film called 'Where the Crawdags Sing' this weekend. It's a crime/thriller about a young girl who lived in the swamps on the outskirts of town and looked after herself after her siblings then parents left. - It's beautifully layered and with some great twists. Poignant.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 2. Oct 23, 12:37

The Expanse - "we can't do final 3 books, because time skip and character aging"

Meanwhile For All Mankind - "Yeah, we are doing time skips and aging every season, here is season 4 teaser"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNWO64gslUk

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Wed, 4. Oct 23, 13:34

Unironically, Power Rangers Cosmic Fury. From what I've seen, it's wrapping up not just the immediate predecessor Dino Fury, but also trying to tie up lose ends from 30 years of franchise history with the original blue Ranger returning to assist the team, becoming a main cast member. My inner child is fascinated in a way.
Though I do think they kinda picked a weird way of going about the implementation of Japanese footage - relegated to giant robot fights from a season they didn't even directly adapt. It's as if this team is borrowing the robots of another, unseen and unknown, team, and it becomes even more poignant when legacy Rangers join them in the cockpits. :B

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 18. Nov 23, 06:54

Doctor Who 60th anniversary special set to air on Disney Plus, BBC One and iPlayer November 25, 2023. It's apparently three episodes and will have David Tennant and Catherine Tate plus others.

November 25, 2023 The Star Beast
December 2, 2023 Wild Blue Yonder
December 9, 2023 The Giggle

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 19. Nov 23, 02:45

Not entirely sure the Doctor Who 60th anniversary special will be on all Disney plus regions. Seems to be no mention of it in Canada on the service but some sites say it will be there while others have no mention of it. So look before subbing.

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/article ... ng-we-know

- Disney+ is to become new global home for upcoming seasons of Doctor Who outside the UK & Ireland, while the BBC continues as Doctor Who's exclusive home in the UK.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/whats-com ... 23-canada/

- Saturday, 25th November 2023 Doctor Who – The Star Beast

But not mentioned on other listings.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 5. Dec 23, 10:42

Fallout tv series trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kQ8i2FpRDk

Supernatural, White Collar, Doom Patrol actor Mark Sheppard has six heart attacks and needs to be resuscitated 4 times. Not really tv/movie related but impressive.

From below: He said he was " brought back from [the] dead" four times

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-04/ ... /103184830

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 21. Dec 23, 20:27

Slow Horses (Apple TV).

The "Slow Horses" are a group of failed or burnt out MI5 agents given mundane tasks but keep getting embroiled in "incidents".
A flower?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 23:36

Started watching Constellation (Apple TV) and very much looking forward to 3 Body Problem (Netflix).

Cheer Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 08:14

Fallout series on Amazon Prime video set to start releasing on April 12, 2024.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kQ8i2FpRDk

Borderlands movie Expected August 9, 2024. Starring Cate Blanchett, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Edgar Ramírez, Ariana Greenblatt, Florian Munteanu, Gina Gershon, and Jamie Lee Curtis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgj7xBc3n-0

Halo season 2 is partially out but still might not be that good. Might be setting up for fall of the Reach?

Twisted Metal season 2 should be coming this year and should focus on the arena.

There's a Bioshock movie in the works.

There's also an upcoming Alien series.

New Doctor Who episodes start airing in May of 2024.

Beacon 23 renewed for season 2. 5.6/10 on imdb which seems about right to me. Drama?

Star Trek Legacy is apparently not a real project so won't happen.

Ghostbusters : Frozen Empire and Dune part 2 set to hit movie theatres in March.

Might get Red Dwarf: Titan in 2026? Grant, who created the hit comedy series with Doug Naylor, recently confirmed he was working on a prequel project titled Red Dwarf: Titan

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/re ... ewsupdate/
Last edited by burger1 on Thu, 22. Feb 24, 11:54, edited 3 times in total.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 08:35

Rewatching The Bridge (Original Scandia one) - well more accurately watching the first series for the first time. (2nd and 3rd ongoing)

Cheapest place to watch was a secondhand DVD from Amazon Marketplace.
A flower?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 2. Mar 24, 19:30

Just got back from cinema from Dune 2.

If someone liked Dune 1, will like part 2 as well - still an audio-visual masterpiece, especially when Ornitopters, Sandworm riding or Laser weapons are on the screen.

I didn't liked only 3 things:
- there is very little to none new soundtrack, while Hans Zimmer did 10/10 job with part 1 OST, I expected at least a few new music pieces :(
- final battle is waaaay too short, which is very sad as both part 1 and part 2 have amazing battles...that ends very fast - that's the worst kind of tease.
- final knife fight, while decent (for Hollywood standards), was visibly cut in many places and you see clearly the parts where you have stunt-actors replacing the real ones - albeit I might be the weird one as I watched too many swordfight Youtubers disecting movie fights :)

9/10

...I would gladly give it 10/10, if we would have longer battle sequences - maybe there is a longer director cut that fix this?

Return to “Off Topic English”