What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Mon, 4. May 20, 16:28

May the 4th Be With You! all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq9WFnNzy-g
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 6. May 20, 18:29

We watched Future Mans final season, also watched 404. Currently watching The Expanse again, this time with The Boy, and Spongebob with The Girl when she has the insomnia.

Brassic was good - missus & I will be watching new series tomorrow, but we've been watching Innocence on Netflix.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 6. May 20, 18:45

Maybe slightly off topic but anyone here understand how the Amazon Prime video work in term of selecting what tittles available to you? It seems the availability keep switching around from day to day. For example Starship Trooper was not available (as free stream), then about 2 months I saw it available for free stream, than it becomes rent only again and this happens to a lot of tittles. The TV-series availability seem to remain fix, but movies seem to get shuffled around every week.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 6. May 20, 18:55

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 18:45
Maybe slightly off topic but anyone here understand how the Amazon Prime video work in term of selecting what tittles available to you? It seems the availability keep switching around from day to day. For example Starship Trooper was not available (as free stream), then about 2 months I saw it available for free stream, than it becomes rent only again and this happens to a lot of tittles. The TV-series availability seem to remain fix, but movies seem to get shuffled around every week.
Amazon content might be switching due to apps (redirecting?) and the region where your account is registered (are all the devices on the same regions account?)? Maybe you have a dns service that only works for certain devices? Region changer?

IMDB tv free with ads channel on prime video might have had the free movie. Titles mostly change at the end of the month. Starship troopers is currently free with ads on prime video via imdb tv.

If you are talking about region changing you have to activate your region changer and enter into prime video through the appropriate countries prime video website.

You can use justwatch to search for free with ads stuff in your country.

Starship Troopers is available on ctv Canada free with ads that I think you can block.

https://www.ctv.ca/Movies/Action

It's also partly available on various platforms free with ads in the US.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/search?q=starship

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 6. May 20, 20:16

Just finished season 3 of The Expanse, will probably see season 4 later this week. And just for the hell of it I noticed Amazon Prime has Battle Beyond the Stars on, so I've got that going in the background now--been a long time since I've seen that!

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 6. May 20, 20:22

@burger1: thanks for the reply although I'm not sure I fully understand it. I don't use DNS service, in fact I already notice this behavior even before I acquire one. I only run Prime on the same PC. From what you describe the availability is simply dependent on what available on other platform at the same time?
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 6. May 20, 21:00

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 20:22
@burger1: thanks for the reply although I'm not sure I fully understand it. I don't use DNS service, in fact I already notice this behavior even before I acquire one. I only run Prime on the same PC. From what you describe the availability is simply dependent on what available on other platform at the same time?
If the movies are free on imdb tv then it's free on amazon prime even without a sub. If thats what you mean. Usually stuff disappears from one streaming service and appears on another eventually. Amazon prime video has lists of whats new/leaving each month. Imdb tv might have a leaving soon category on their website?

https://www.imdb.com/tv/

imdb tv channel content on prime
https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/storefr ... reewithads

If you log in through the same pc to the same prime video using the same amazon account then you should see the same content.

Apps might redirect you to your home account but pc web browsers like chrome don't. Just in case you are switching between browser and apps on your pc. There can also be different versions of the same movie sometimes. I can't remember where I recently saw this but one was free and the other paid.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 8. May 20, 12:27

Watched a couple of episodes of 'tales from the loop' on amazon, not bad so far, though a bit quirky.

Wanted to see if 'rise of skywalker' was as bad as i remember so watched it last night on nowtv, fell asleep, so finish off today, can't say i'll change my mind on it.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Fri, 8. May 20, 16:37

pjknibbs wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 20:16
Just finished season 3 of The Expanse, will probably see season 4 later this week. And just for the hell of it I noticed Amazon Prime has Battle Beyond the Stars on, so I've got that going in the background now--been a long time since I've seen that!

Prime send to have a lot of older stuff. Some of it is good but there is a awful lot of what I would call B rate tv programmes form the 80s that you can only watch if you are in the right frame of mind ( inebriated!)

Have recently took out subscriptions to Britbox and Disney+. Britbox had a lot of content but the UI to both the Android and iOS app is an appalling piece of work, so that's been cancelled during the trial period.

Watched only the Mandolorian (great theme music) and Gravity Falls on Disney+ , tempted to watch the Marvel films through from start to finish.
A flower?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 8. May 20, 19:39

Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:
Fri, 8. May 20, 16:37
Have recently took out subscriptions to Britbox and Disney+. Britbox had a lot of content but the UI to both the Android and iOS app is an appalling piece of work, so that's been cancelled during the trial period.
I like the variety of content on Amazon Prime, but God do they need to do some work on their interface. It's practically impossible to find anything unless you've watched it before or you know its name--they only show a selection of the items available if you select a genre. Heck, they didn't even put the Expanse onto my "recent" items on the homepage of my Fire TV stick until the second time I'd watched it, despite me having gone through seven episodes the first time! The option to skip the intro of stuff when you're watching it seems entirely hit and miss, as well. I actually watched the first two seasons of the Expanse on Netflix before it moved over to Amazon Prime and their interface is so much better and more reliable.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 8. May 20, 23:16

Just finished Netflix TV series Ragnarok and find it quite intriguing.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 9. May 20, 09:52

Just finished watching the series Le Comte de Monte Cristoes with Gerard Depardieu ... French film/series with English sub titles,, Best version I have watched,, even better than the BBC version with Alan Badel but that was back in the sixties.... Le Comte was in the nineties.
Thanks to Euclid for his Norwegian Ragnarok, I did not want to appear pretentious ... :)

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Wed, 20. May 20, 16:35

I am near the end now of 24 day 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEa0MVwUDDY Day 3 sees CTU deal with a deadly virus threat
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Wed, 20. May 20, 19:30

Watched the last Star Wars film. A bit of let down at least it was in the included in the Disney+ sub.
A flower?

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Wed, 20. May 20, 19:34

pjknibbs wrote:
Fri, 8. May 20, 19:39

I like the variety of content on Amazon Prime, but God do they need to do some work on their interface. It's practically impossible to find anything unless you've watched it before or you know its name--they only show a selection of the items available if you select a genre. Heck, they didn't even put the Expanse onto my "recent" items on the homepage of my Fire TV stick until the second time I'd watched it, despite me having gone through seven episodes the first time! The option to skip the intro of stuff when you're watching it seems entirely hit and miss, as well. I actually watched the first two seasons of the Expanse on Netflix before it moved over to Amazon Prime and their interface is so much better and more reliable.

The Amazon prime interface is much better than Britbox, they have no auto play of next episode and then if you want the next episode it's never available and insists on playing the episode you've just watched.
A flower?

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Wed, 20. May 20, 22:28

Been watching Escape to the Chateau DIY.

I now want to buy a Chateau. For... whatever.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 3. Jun 20, 21:15

The award winning Anime film Your Name is on Netflix highly recommend it if you have not seen it before.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 20:55

The Last Ship series 5 has popped on Prime!
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 11. Jun 20, 00:36

esd wrote:
Wed, 10. Jun 20, 20:55
The Last Ship series 5 has popped on Prime!
Oh neat. I'll probably sit down and watch that. It's decent, and technically accurate (as far as the operation and tech on the ship is concerned), but one thing that really bugs me about the show is that no crew in the history of the Navy has ever been as rigid to the sort of boot camp like discipline as is depicted in that show. Other than that, I really do like the show. Very nostalgic for me.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 11. Jun 20, 09:20

Especially for non americans, I suggest watching BlacKKKlansman.
It's a good movie in my opinion, with more than average actors, which tries to keep the attention high with its little shots of comedy while trying to explain a lot of things on past and current racism in the US.

Return to “Off Topic English”