What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

exogenesis
x4

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 20. Dec 22, 09:40

I see BBC have released 'His Dark Materials' series 3.

Was bored so I Amazon-purchased the series,
but gotta say episode 1 seems a little lack-lustre in content (was pretty slow),
although it's keeping the story going OK.

Amazon says all episodes were 'released 18th Dec',
but I can't access episode 2 (yet, possibly),
does anyone know if episodes 2 to 8 are actually released yet ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 20. Dec 22, 13:56

@ exogenesis: All 8 episodes of Series 3 are free to view for over a year on BBC iPlayer. So yes, they are released. I suggest that you chat to Amazon support. (Good luck!)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 20. Dec 22, 20:02

Thanks Alan, guess I'm completely out of the 'BBC loop ' (i.e. not having a license).
Looks like Amazon's auto-system has got a hole in it then
- will have to poke them with a stick...

Edit : looks like Amazon offered series 3 for purchase, before they finished uploading it
(but were quite happy to take the money). They said it'd be available 'soon' (TM)

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 22. Dec 22, 01:33

That Wednesday has been streamed over 1 billion times since release, it's Netflix second most streamed show of all time, but considering how long it has been released I can see it taking the top spot.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 11. Mar 23, 20:39

It looks like the Red Dwarf reboot might continue after the legal dispute between Rob Grant and Doug Naylor.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/re ... ewsupdate/

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 22. Mar 23, 15:35

Just finished the final season of Carnival Row (available on Amazon Prime) and was quite surprised of the quality of acting especially of Cara Delevingne.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 00:50

For me right now it's more what are you NOT watching, as this afternoon I cancelled my virgin TV subscription which means I now have no TV subscription or active streaming service, they just go too expensive. I was surprised by the amount I'm going to save by getting rid of Virgin, it's actually enough to feed me for the next 6 months and I won't miss it. I do though still have access to most of them through my Brother and Sister, so if anything comes up that I want to watch, then I will still be able to do so.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 08:09

felter wrote:
Thu, 23. Mar 23, 00:50
For me right now it's more what are you NOT watching.
I have five active subs at the moment Amazon, ITVX (for the Britbox content currently going through classic Dr Who), Disney+,now (sport for F1) and one of the Amazon sub accounts (acorn, paramount+ etc on rotation).

It's about £40 a month (with the sport being the most expensive at £20) but as soon as there is nothing of interest I'll drop the service. (Currently no Netflix as no interesting content). All played through a £30 Roku device.

Of course there is the BBC's fee as well, but I can't do much about that. (I know I can but we still watch live tv/ iPlayer occasionally)
A flower?

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 13:08

I must admit, I'm struggling to justify my multiple subscriptions, especially considering the price hike that's upcoming. -I'm not with Virgin for TV, but I have to say they put up my mobile contract by an obscene amount for April. I cancelled and went elsewhere, of course.

I have everything apart from Sky Movies, with enough content amongst my other platforms to keep me more than entertained film-wise.

Yeah, when you consider the annual TV licence, it is getting quite expensive. It's a good job I enjoy reading so much. I might just consider doing what Felter has already done...
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 2. May 23, 04:26

watched Death Of Stalin. A dark comedy about the real events. The movie had stretched my knowledge on the subject, so I had to double check a few things. Obviously accents aren't there, and likeness is not important either.

I found it oddly interesting to watch.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 5. May 23, 04:15

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. Seemed to be a lot like Dungeons and Dragons (2000) but with more jokes. Some scenes were very much like you would expect in a dnd game.

Shazam Fury of the Gods. Pretty good kids show.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was imaginative.

Mandalorian season 3 seemed ok. Seems to be maintaining the same feel throughout the seasons.

Picard season 3 was the best season in my opinion. Felt Star Trek the Next Gen like in many ways. Lots of action and some twists. They added in some pretty cool stuff that didn't really fit but was good to see since it's apparently the last season.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 5. May 23, 18:19

burger1 wrote:
Fri, 5. May 23, 04:15
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. Seemed to be a lot like Dungeons and Dragons (2000) but with more jokes. Some scenes were very much like you would expect in a dnd game.

Shazam Fury of the Gods. Pretty good kids show.

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was imaginative.

Mandalorian season 3 seemed ok. Seems to be maintaining the same feel throughout the seasons.

Picard season 3 was the best season in my opinion. Felt Star Trek the Next Gen like in many ways. Lots of action and some twists. They added in some pretty cool stuff that didn't really fit but was good to see since it's apparently the last season.
Not finished watching Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. it's alright, nothing too special about it, but I will probably finish it.

I liked the original Shazam not that keen on the new one, but as you said maybe it's more something kids would like, but then I am just a big kid really.

I have enjoyed all the ant man films and I pretty much enjoyed this one too, I pretty much watched it in a single sitting which is unusual for me.

I got to episode 3 with the Mandalorian and lost interest, had been looking forward too it as well, I will maybe go back to it at some point, but I'm not holding my breath.

I never managed to finish the first season of Picard, I thought it was pretty bad and never went back to it.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 6. May 23, 14:07

felter wrote:
Fri, 5. May 23, 18:19
I got to episode 3 with the Mandalorian and lost interest, had been looking forward too it as well, I will maybe go back to it at some point, but I'm not holding my breath.

I never managed to finish the first season of Picard, I thought it was pretty bad and never went back to it.
Very similar, in as much as Mandalorian lost my interest after a few episodes; may have been other distractions though.
Picard I started season 2 but lost interest, may try season 3.

It could just be other life factors and conflicting interests mean things I'd have watched otherwise are pushed down the list :D

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 6. May 23, 19:04

For Picard I would rank season 3 the highest and season 2 the lowest. Season 1 was mid/low in my opinion. Strange New worlds was better with a few good episodes. Season 2 should be released on June 15, 2023?

Guardians of the Galaxy Part 3. Pretty much more of the same as 1 and 2. Quite a few cameo appearances.

Crusade tv series (1999) seemed something like Babylon 5 but some of the characters were quite odd/exaggerated and some episodes weren't good? The movie that preceded the series wasn't bad but had the same issues in a lesser way. Was kind of like watching the later seasons of Andromeda.

One of the new star wars spin offs Ahsoka is coming in August seems like a gamble. Might be like Obiwan or might be good?

Harrison Fords last Indiana Jones movie Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny is supposed to be releasing June 30, 2023.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 7. May 23, 00:02

I watched the coronation of King Charles. The idea of living on Mars has gained some appeal.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 7. May 23, 00:14

Observe wrote:
Sun, 7. May 23, 00:02
I watched the coronation of King Charles. The idea of living on Mars has gained some appeal.
What, When did that happen, how come I never heard anything about it.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 20:48

Apparently season 1 of Star Trek Strange New Worlds has been released on youtube by Paramount+ but it's US region only.

https://old.reddit.com/r/television/com ... range_new/

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 29. Jun 23, 19:47

The Witcher S3 (part 1) on Netflix released today ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 30. Jun 23, 00:50

Just finished watching all episodes and the films of My Hero Academia, watched the dubbed version and boy is that bad at the start, I don't know what they did a few years ago when they dubbed anime, but the lip sink was way off by a second or so, the more recent stuff is pretty spot on, and now I'm eager for the next season. Now that I've finished all of My Hero Academia, I've started watching Black Clover dubbed as well and once again at the start the dubbing was way off, but it was only for the dozen or so episodes then it improved just watched episode 50 so only 120 episodes to go and a film, but that's on Netflix. Anyway, both are superb anime and worth a watch, even dubbed, if you can handle it over the early episodes.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 30. Jun 23, 02:41

Star Trek Strange New Worlds season 2 episode 1 is free to watch on ctv Canada. Only the season 2 premiere episode is free. Canada region locked.

https://www.ctv.ca/shows/star-trek-strange-new-worlds

Return to “Off Topic English”