Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Toshis8

Re: Playing other games

Post by Toshis8 » Thu, 6. Apr 23, 11:25

Try out https://territorial.io/ . A quick, small, free and addictive game to kill some time (or a lot of time :D). Once you learn the rules, play multiplayer.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 24. May 23, 11:39

Miasma Chronicles just got released: https://www.gog.com/de/game/miasma_chronicles
(turn-based, post-apoc rpg with story focus)

This is exciting - I loved Mutant Year Zero (same dev)! :) I hope I can find enough time to play it ... :oops:
Last edited by chew-ie on Wed, 24. May 23, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Wed, 24. May 23, 16:33

Since I was in the mood for an old-school hack'n slay again, I'm currently playing "Chronicon" - Diablo clone in pixel art. You have to like it, or at least be able to tolerate it. And above all: It's fun. Theorycrafting par excellence. It's currently on sale for a few euros on the "steaming" games platform and has fewer calories than treating yourself to a pizza for the money. :D Of course, you can do both ;)

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 25. May 23, 23:52

Right now I'm playing Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. An amazing, massive game. Bought a Switch just to play this game, after having played through Breath of the Wild on WiiU. It's the only game to tear me away from X4 for a while now.

SphinxofBlackQuartz
x4

Post by SphinxofBlackQuartz » Fri, 26. May 23, 17:02

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 23:52
Right now I'm playing Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. An amazing, massive game. Bought a Switch just to play this game, after having played through Breath of the Wild on WiiU. It's the only game to tear me away from X4 for a while now.
TotK looks amazing; my spouse and I are both looking forward to playing it, although we both kinda feel like we should finish Breath of the Wild first...

The other two games I'm most excited about right now (other than X4, which is eating all my gaming time) are Age of Wonders 4 and Rogue Trader. I've already played a bit of AoW4 and enjoyed it tremendously; it feels like the best elements of Shadow Magic and Planetfall mixed up into a delicious gumbo.
THE HAPPINESS OF SEEING AGAIN THE SLIGHTLY DISGUSTING ALIEN FRIENDS. EXTREME DELIGHTFUL.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 26. May 23, 23:25

SphinxofBlackQuartz wrote:
Fri, 26. May 23, 17:02
Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 25. May 23, 23:52
TotK looks amazing; my spouse and I are both looking forward to playing it, although we both kinda feel like we should finish Breath of the Wild first...
TotK, like BotW, is one of those games which my wife is really interested in watching me play. I get in trouble if I play while she is not watching. Good luck getting her to watch me play X4 though!

I would finish the main plot for BotW first, but you don't need to do every last side quest and shrine if you don't want to. TotK is huge, imagine multiplying the map size for BotW by 3, since you have the addition of sky islands, and also The Depths. The new powers and abilities are really interesting too, an upgrade from the BotW powers. It seems harder to earn money and the monsters seem harder too, so it is just a bit more hardcore.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 27. May 23, 01:10

I've been playing a bit of V Rising, while it is an early access game it has more content and is pretty stable compared to some games from the big boys. The game itself is a pretty good open world hack 'n' slash, survival, building game where you play a vampire running around killing and collecting loot. The map is in itself pretty massive, with plenty of enemies to fight. I will be honest and say I dropped the difficulty level down a bit as the game is made to be played as a multi-player co-op game, that gets hosted on a server, but I've been playing it solo without too many issues. It's only £15.49 so not too much, and you will find it on sale every so often for £12.39.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Sun, 28. May 23, 02:46

Anyone been watching Starfield

Looks big.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 28. May 23, 03:50

Scarecrow wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 02:46
Anyone been watching Starfield

Looks big.
It will be big =)

Spoiler
Show

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. May 23, 14:07

2023 doesn't have a good track record so far, so there is a fair chance Starfield will be big...big dumbsterfire.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 28. May 23, 20:01

Starfield trailers look good, but I've been fooled by trailers before. The features look interesting. Single player, space flight, configurable spaceships, landing on and exploring planets. Still, the devil is in the gameplay details and trailers never show the bugs or broken aspects of the game. I wonder if the transition from space to surface is seamless? I'm expecting they'll use cut-scenes, but this isn't clear to me from the videos I've seen. Definitely I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 28. May 23, 22:00

It's all about expectations. Starfield will be a mashup between Skyrim (open world, scale) and Fallout 4 (settlement building with extension to ship building) - nothing more, nothing less. I'd say the Fallout 4 potion will be a bit heavier. The only real risk is that they are fishing in new waters as it is a new IP. But as long as they somehow reach the world building level of Outer Worlds I'll be fine. I certainly don't expect the spaceship component rivalling Elite Dangerous nor do I expect the 1000+ planets being a hybrid of both NMS procedural limitlessness and the dense, hand-placed content of a Mass Effect. Everybody expecting miracles in that regard will of course yell "bohoo" :D

Spoiler
Show

SphinxofBlackQuartz
x4

Post by SphinxofBlackQuartz » Sun, 28. May 23, 22:34

chew-ie wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 22:00
It's all about expectations. Starfield will be a mashup between Skyrim (open world, scale) and Fallout 4 (settlement building with extension to ship building) - nothing more, nothing less. I'd say the Fallout 4 potion will be a bit heavier. The only real risk is that they are fishing in new waters as it is a new IP. But as long as they somehow reach the world building level of Outer Worlds I'll be fine. I certainly don't expect the spaceship component rivalling Elite Dangerous nor do I expect the 1000+ planets being a hybrid of both NMS procedural limitlessness and the dense, hand-placed content of a Mass Effect. Everybody expecting miracles in that regard will of course yell "bohoo" :D
I'm cautiously optimistic. And being a new IP could be an advantage; frankly, most of BethSoft's existing IPs are starting to feel pretty well-worn. Starfield could be a chance to do something fresh and unexpected.
THE HAPPINESS OF SEEING AGAIN THE SLIGHTLY DISGUSTING ALIEN FRIENDS. EXTREME DELIGHTFUL.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. May 23, 10:57

Sorry to interrupt an active discussion, but isn't this thread about your actual experiences in games that you *are* playing and that might interest other like-minded players here?

Commentary and speculation about a future game probably belongs elsewhere, perhaps in a dedicated new thread for that new game with an appropriate title.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 30. May 23, 10:23

I've been playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, and was having a hoot until I reached chapter 5 and returned to Durlag's Tower to clear the dungeons. Reached level 2, and somehow managed to mess up the statue controlled doors and am now permanently stuck.

Go me! :(
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 20:23

I recently played Travellers Rest. Here you run a tavern and also do farming and mining and so on. It's one of those farming simulations like Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley that I like to play from time to time. But it has some interesting concepts and is never boring. Sometimes almost a little too hectic for me :roll: :D

It's still in Early Access and there's still a lot missing, but it seems to be really good.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 08:18

Looks like there's going to be a Dragons Dogma 2.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2054 ... s_Dogma_2/

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 18:34

Gavrushka wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 10:23
I've been playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, and was having a hoot until I reached chapter 5 and returned to Durlag's Tower to clear the dungeons. Reached level 2, and somehow managed to mess up the statue controlled doors and am now permanently stuck.

is that a new or the old one?
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

SphinxofBlackQuartz
x4

Post by SphinxofBlackQuartz » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 18:59

Satisfactory Update 8 is out on the experimental branch, and it has some lovely quality-of-life improvements.I tend not to play much on experimental, though, so there's no danger of it dragging me away from X4 in the immediate future.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 21:25

fiksal wrote:
Wed, 14. Jun 23, 18:34
Gavrushka wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 10:23

is that a new or the old one?
The new one. In the end, I went back to a much earlier save and ended up in exactly the same pickle after a few hours of making my way back to where it all went wrong...

...until I beat up a training dummy and a door opened. Yeah, just so obvious, wasn't it?
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Return to “Off Topic English”