Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 16:54

Elite Dangerous
Talos Principle

still got GTA V, MGS PP & Witcher 3 to finish off

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 18:12

Currently: Completionist approach to New Vegas. Back in 2010-11 I spent 200 hours and barely scratched the main plot to finally drown in Dead Money.
Bought new Vegas Ultimate in 2013. Installed and soaked in mid 2016 lel

Now I must say - this game is AMAZING. FNV has tons of quest you can end in various ways and there this whole "Mojave geopolitics" you can shake and point the Mojave in your desired direction. Quests! Hundreds or them, many hidden and many requiring certain conditions to start and of course "hand decorated" locations and exciting places to explore. What a game... now I fully witnessed it's full potential, I didn't know how quest can be interconnected in this game, wow. FNV > F4 http://i.imgur.com/n3ZCaR0.jpg
FNV has Aged well after 6 years. I'm playing with Josh Sawyer Mod (for extra difficulty), weather mod and few smaller enhancements. Nothing big, just trying to keep close to the original. With all DLCs completed, now I have a few loose ends left and making it happen - Independent New Vegas. I have 10h of game left to close my completionist approach in 400 hours according to Steam counter.

Guess I will have to do the same with Skyrim Remaster when it comes out in Novemeber. My current Skyrim status is - 500 hours tons of loose ends and unfinished main plot. I drowned generally speaking. FNV was a good warming up experience. I'll concentrate on quests and main plot instead of exploration, I know Skyrim too well to be surprised by anything new on map.

In June-July I took a break from FNV and revisited my beloved universe of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 + dlcs. After FNV I'm immediately starting with Mass Effect 3. A warm up and refreshment before Andromeda ;)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Corbet

Post by Corbet » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 19:18

- Star Citizen
- Divinity: Original Sin
- Verdun
- XR and X3
- Elite: Dangerous

Because of the limited time for gaming, most of the time goes with Star Citizen. After D:OS I will finish Wasteland 2.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 10:20

I'd like to say I was playing Firefall, but the devs wrecked the game totally.

I've been playing Warframe but I tend to tire of multiplayer games towards the end of summer.
Also been messing with Cities Skylines, Saint's Row 2 and Skyrim.

I've also had a dabble on Ikuruga but I'm useless at it these days - poor reaction timing. Bayonetta is the only console game that I ever fire up these days to attempt to master the dodge offset mechanic.

Chances are I'll try to get the Die Hard achievement for X3TC towards the end of autumn/fall since it's become an annual thing. I got really close last year, but died thanks to windows update. I'm thinking of testing the Linux version this year.
Sorkvild wrote:Now I must say - this game is AMAZING.
I've not bothered with Fallout 4 because I doubt it can live up to my expectations after spending a lot of time in FNV. During my time gaming there have been a lot of stand out moments, and FNV has a lot of them albeit they are subtle compared to the rest of the stand out moments. Finding out why Novac is called Novac for example kind of reinforces what a crap situation the NPCs are in and bring the game alive.

While I really like FNV I have a love/hate thing with Skyrim. I'm playing Skyrim atm but I am losing patience with it again and I really don't know why. Maybe it's the snow :/

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:32

Fallout4
FarCry Primal
X3:Terran Conflict
DungeonSiege1/Legends Of Aranna

Recore (PC and XBox1)
Halo5 Guardians (XBox1)
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:50

Much too much https://xkcd.com/386/
Some X3 AP

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:57

jlehtone wrote:Much too much https://xkcd.com/386/
:lol:

Nothing in particular for me right now, but Tropico 4, the Witcher 2, Deus Ex: HR and KOTOR 1/2 with some mods are on my games to play list.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 1. Oct 16, 05:08

Crysis Warhead. Games easy.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Fri, 7. Oct 16, 11:12

I just started playing X: Reunion again - Decided I'd jump in, quickly* complete the main 'plot' and run through the same for TC and AP... I didn't realise I haven't actually played an X game in four years... I did briefly install Rebirth a year or two back, but a big patch was announced the day after with new features, so I decided to wait and well, never got around to it.

*This was the plan. It's now 17 hours in, I'm still in the starter Buster and have a handful of ships trading for me... All because I can't find/decide on an M3 I want to personally fly...

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 10. Oct 16, 17:55

Total War Attila:
- getting spanked by barbarian. :shock:
- stressed out on every turns. :evil:
- feel so good. :D

Never thought Total War will ever come this close to a Civ game strategic wise. :o

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 13:41

At the moment Subsistence by Coldgames, a one man enterprise who is not ruled by hand holding never die claptrap, any player exploit is rapidly removed......
Granted it is a survivalist game, is brutally cruel to the careless and dying is a real pain in the backside.... a very refreshing direction.
A true example of what "early access" should be.

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 14:45

Recently I have gone back into Minecraft . . .

Nope, no problem. I can stop whenever I want.

Just that with my glass-roofed underwater lair now taking up nearly all the stretch of river near my spawn point, I don't WANT to stop right now. :)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 18:27

Gwent Beta us fun, looking forward to the single player story, they have said it is 30 hours long!
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 19:06

FINALLY got round to installing STALKER Clear Sky, I've had it sitting unloved in my steam library for eons, time to play it before I splurge on even more games I won't play for several years.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 7. Nov 16, 22:00

I played Diablo 3 on release. It was fun, until it wasn't, which started around the end of Hell difficulty. Plus, everything else besides basic gameplay was.. sucky. (Auction House, itemization, game balance, fine-tuning, etc)

Recently, I played the "new" Diablo 3 on a console with a friend.

It was ridiculously easy. With the "smart loot" system and just plain overpowered skill/item dynamics, nothing was a challenge. Nada. The only challenges came at xxlevel 11+ (or whatever) difficulties with dumb moves like "standing in the lava" for some classes. That is, of course, unless you weren't properly geared because you cracked all your good stuff in favor of crap...

What a shame.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 12:43

Playing F.E.A.R. In about two hours of game play there's been about one scary moment. It's been in my steam library for at least a couple years. Not a challenging shooter but it has ok atmosphere so far.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 13:04

Odd, I found the first F.E.A.R. game to be pretty darned tense--nowhere near Shalebridge Cradle levels, but then, what is? Second game forgot about the tension and had you fighting giant armoured mech suits instead, which wasn't an improvement IMHO.

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 14:02

I downloaded Realms Of The Haunting (ROTH) cheap off GOG. I do have the original but that one was a fiddle trying to get it to work with later versions of Windows. This works fine. An excellent game even if the graphics are a bit dated but it is twenty years old. A much better game than Undying.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 16:11

I gave Portal a whirl last night after having it since Valve gave it away a few years back. I'm not that impressed - It's just a puzzle game, albeit a pretty 3D one. I wonder how many people sing its praises so highly because they solved the simplistic puzzles and it made them feel clever?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 10. Nov 16, 16:28

As far as I can remember most people praised its sense of humour and its innovative (at the time) use of portals and physics in the puzzles, rather than anything to do with the complexity of the puzzles themselves. But hey, perhaps looking down on other people for enjoying the game makes you feel clever. :P

Return to “Off Topic English”