So what are you drinking and eating tonight?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 22:18

Mightysword wrote:Huh, been living in the US for about 14 years now ... I just found out TODAY that we actually have a national cheese burger day :o

I guess that explain where the Grill Cheese Sandwich aspiration in the Sims comes from.
I bought a cheeseburger in San Diego Zoo in 2005. It was quite literally so much food that I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day. And people were managing one of those plus huge portions of fries. I had one of those too, but barely touched it, too full.

It did taste nice though, I'll say that.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 19. Sep 16, 05:33

mrbadger wrote: I bought a cheeseburger in San Diego Zoo in 2005. It was quite literally so much food that I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day. And people were managing one of those plus huge portions of fries. I had one of those too, but barely touched it, too full.
I don't think it's the amount but rather the content. I have the same impression about a Burger meal, after eating one the next course of action for me is to find a place to sleep because the food is heavy. And I'm a guy who can eat half of a whole duck, an entire hen or a full course Japanese lunch with room to spare.

Well, in any case like I said, national cheese burger day. So it's appropriated our dinner tonight were 3 large cheese burgers (for the whole family). I know I'll regret it but celebration is celebration. :D

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 19. Sep 16, 09:10

I went and had a burger yesterday 'to show solidarity with the colonies'.
Yes, that was the reason, not because I was feeling lazy and just needed to eat while shopping....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 19. Sep 16, 19:52

Just had some "Kassler" with noodles and egg. Very tasty but a bit to mutch, I feel like I am gonna burst open anytime now. To drink Pepsi light.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 20. Sep 16, 02:46

I had a couple of pieces of a sort of breakfast "sponge cake" today and a few bits of chocolate.

That's it. That's all I'm eating today. Tomorrow, probably around lunch time, I'll have something more substantial. (I may have a cup of coffee, tonight, but don't plan on eating.)

This is what I do... Yes, it's not healthy. But, for some reason, I can go for a pretty long time, comparably, not eating anything or, at least, very little. No, I am not relying on vast fat reserves. :)

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 21. Sep 16, 23:54

Tacos

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Thu, 22. Sep 16, 00:31

Morkonan wrote:I had a couple of pieces of a sort of breakfast "sponge cake" today and a few bits of chocolate.

That's it. That's all I'm eating today. Tomorrow, probably around lunch time, I'll have something more substantial. (I may have a cup of coffee, tonight, but don't plan on eating.)

This is what I do...[...]
But.....why?

I get people who are on a low carb diet that don't eat any (or only a small amount) of carbs after a certain time of day, but the way you phrased it leads me to believe that this is not the case for you.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 23. Sep 16, 06:01

clakclak wrote:...But.....why?

I get people who are on a low carb diet that don't eat any (or only a small amount) of carbs after a certain time of day, but the way you phrased it leads me to believe that this is not the case for you.
I don't know. It's just the way my metabolism seems to be or, at least, the way that I seem to "feed." Yesterday and today, I ate one normal meal each day. I had a few pieces of chocolate this evening, as well.

Tomorrow? I don't know. I may not eat, since I ate today and yesterday. I will probably have some coffee and the last piece of that sponge cake stuff. (Vanilla Sponge Cake, basically as something to have with my coffee. Small pieces, a few bites each.)

I've never been a "three-meal-a-day" eater. I can't be. I also sometimes forget to eat. (My hunger response is fine, I just ignore it and it eventually subsides.) My nutrition is probably "mediocre", but I don't eat junk-food/fast-food and normally eat a variety of nutritious vegetables and only small portions of meat, here and there.

Normal robust frame, a few extra pounds of what's likely fat I could stand to lose, have always had a muscular build, even when inactive, so I'm fairly "high-density," no matter what I "weigh."

No, I can't explain it. But, I could easily go several days without consuming food, just so long as I had some diet soda and, perhaps, some coffee. Cigarrettes may have an impact on curbing hunger responses, but I haven't looked into that since I'm eating as I "normally" do.

I once knew a guy that only slept once a week, on Sunday, all day long. I couldn't ever figure that one out, either, so I don't see my own eating habits as being too unusual a behavior. :)

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 23. Sep 16, 20:40

" Nowt so queer as folk. " As my Grandma used to say. :D
Got to say some of the posts here make me realise she was right! :P
( She was not referring to sexuality in any way either! ) :P

Tonight I will mostly be drinking Sake and Wasabi flavoured peanuts! ( Though I very much doubt it will involve any real Wasabi. )
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 08:51

Meatballs with Montreal steak spice , white rice and green beans cooked in butter, garlic, salt and pepper.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 18:04

Fried turkey fillet, potatoes with dill, homegrown tomato salad and a glass of Zywiec Baltic porter.
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 21:27

So, considering the other thread regarding alcohol, I thought it might be interesting to find out what people are eating and drinking this Friday evening. I thought I would resurrect the old thread, because I find it annoying when people just start another thread, on the same subject, when with a small effort, the original can be found!

Tonight I had fried fish and chips with baked beans. I am now drinking some cheap wine, which is not bad actually and will probably finish with a Woods rum and blackcurrant later.

I guess that makes me a binge drinker, as I will probably finish the bottle of wine... :roll:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 21:42

Stir fried beef with baby corn, baby broccoli, mange tout, a chilli and pak choi (ie one of those bags of veg from Sainsburys). No carbs other than what is in the veg. No alcohol.

Today I cracked the 400km number for the distance I've travelled exercising (fast walking rather than running) this year, and I've lost a stone and a half :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 21:49

RegisterMe wrote: Today I cracked the 400km number for the distance I've travelled exercising (fast walking rather than running) this year, and I've lost a stone and a half :).
Well done RegisterMe at the weight loss! :)

I too have lost weight this past year, but will not say how much. It is amazing how a health scare and an emergancy trip in the back of a paramedic ambulance can motivate you! Low carbs and exercise are the key... :)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 22:13

Steak & ale pie with chips & mixed veg, along with half a bottle of Fortazzo Appassite (very pleasant Sicilian red).

Return to “Off Topic English”