Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 16:11

So if anyone was thinking this was Trump having a moment of clarity, don't. Trump's announcement came after big business leaders met with republican leadership and threatened to withhold all future donations to the GOP, including the Georgia senate runoffs, while the GOP is continuing to indulge Trump's baseless claims of fraud. Their message came with a warning that Trump's antics are leading to market instability and they weren't having it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... rs-letter/
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri, 9. Apr 04, 17:49
x3

Re: Trump

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 17:36

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 16:11
So if anyone was thinking this was Trump having a moment of clarity, don't. Trump's announcement came after big business leaders met with republican leadership and threatened to withhold all future donations to the GOP, including the Georgia senate runoffs, while the GOP is continuing to indulge Trump's baseless claims of fraud. Their message came with a warning that Trump's antics are leading to market instability and they weren't having it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... rs-letter/
Money talks, the threat of losing huge chunks of money, clearly had an impact. Still, in one way it makes sense, another way, the GOP started to realise that the battle is lost. Without those donors, there will be no way to continue the legal fights, the embezzlement of of funds. The GOP will end up losing more seats, so all over for them.

So yeah, Trump had his back to the wall, and was forced out. But he will never concede. But anyway, at least now things can move forward at least.
=

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 17:49

matthewfarmery wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 17:36
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 16:11
So if anyone was thinking this was Trump having a moment of clarity, don't. Trump's announcement came after big business leaders met with republican leadership and threatened to withhold all future donations to the GOP, including the Georgia senate runoffs, while the GOP is continuing to indulge Trump's baseless claims of fraud. Their message came with a warning that Trump's antics are leading to market instability and they weren't having it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... rs-letter/
Money talks, the threat of losing huge chunks of money, clearly had an impact. Still, in one way it makes sense, another way, the GOP started to realise that the battle is lost. Without those donors, there will be no way to continue the legal fights, the embezzlement of of funds. The GOP will end up losing more seats, so all over for them.

So yeah, Trump had his back to the wall, and was forced out. But he will never concede. But anyway, at least now things can move forward at least.
It's also sad that it takes businesses, not the people, not the election officials, not judges, so on and so forth to drive the message home. While in this one instance businesses used their collective powers to generate a positive outcome for the country, this isn't their normal mode of operation and also wasn't done purely for the sake of the country. "...of the people, by the people, and for the people..." It's mind blowing how little weight those words carry at both the state and federal levels.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri, 9. Apr 04, 17:49
x3

Re: Trump

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 17:55

Interesting video at the bottom.

https://eurweb.com/2020/11/24/all-the-w ... ice-watch/

While it might be possible for Trump to pardon himself, or get Pence to do it. It will not protect him from some people like NY Attorney General Letitia James

She has already filed 70 lawsuits that Trump will face once he leaves office.

Granted that the video was a bit of comedy, it does show that this attorney-general has a lot of bite. And lists most of the lawsuits that Trump will face. (and lets not forget, he will no longer have the protection of the oval office.

I say good luck to her.

Edit

Another good read

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/waterg ... ute-trump/

And why Biden should go after Trump, biden can't simply ignore Trump, also there is also 10 instances of obstruction of justice. (serious in itself) so by ignoring this, then there is no point in having a special council. And also means, that ANY president is above the law. It would be a huge mistake to let Trump off the hook. and like above, even if pardoned, it will not protect trump from at least 70 lawsuits that he will still face. So Trump will be in hot water whichever way you look at it.
=

User avatar
felter
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat, 9. Nov 02, 19:13
xr

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 20:36

I don't think he will pardon himself, as to accept a pardon is to accept that the person being pardoned committed a crime in the first place, which he does not believe he has done. Even if he does, I would suspect that in the end the pardon would be deemed illegal and non valid, which could lead to the pardon being used against him as he accepted the pardon, meaning he must have committed the crime. I also doubt very much Pence would pardon him either, as if he did that it would be political suicide and the end of his political career and Pence fancies himself as a future president.
Stay at home, stay inside but most importantly stay safe.
hug your nan at Christmas and then bury her in January.

Gavrushka
Posts: 2773
Joined: Fri, 26. Mar 04, 20:28
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 21:23

felter wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 20:36
...Pence fancies himself as a future president.
It seems to be the thing for the two candidates to be subpar in presidential elections, so he's sure qualified in that respect.

I just hope I live to see AOC run for president. What a truly conscientious politician she is.
“What in Father’s name have you done? They’re not-”

“Everyone's fine, I’ve just paused them,” Lucifer said. “It’s a little trick I learned in my prison. Have you ever tried counselling a mass murderer when ten thousand other inmates are screaming and wailing?”

Ten thousand inmates, and only one guard… Michael had always felt profound sympathy for Lucifer. Yes, she’d transgressed, but her punishment was likely to stretch to eternity, even if Raphael thought otherwise.

User avatar
felter
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat, 9. Nov 02, 19:13
xr

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 02:36

It turns out it's not just Donald that is probably in trouble when he leaves the Whitehouse, as it turns out Ivanka is under investigation for fraud when she was paid $747,622 for a consolation fee but it was paid to her from the Trump organisation and then claimed as a tax break. Of course she is not too happy about this, but I say if it was all above board she has nothing to worry about. It does give keeping it in the family a new meaning. On a side note because it's not a federal crime, daddy can't throw a pardon at her.
Stay at home, stay inside but most importantly stay safe.
hug your nan at Christmas and then bury her in January.

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 19:18

The WH is currently considering lifting the travel ban to Europe. I hope the EU and UK have travel bans to the US. I don't wanna see us spreading COVID around over there.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

User avatar
felter
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat, 9. Nov 02, 19:13
xr

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 00:00

So Trump has pardoned Michael Flynn, who then tweeted:
"'They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the Lord."
Just another one of Trump cronies who has no understanding exactly what he is agreeing to when he elects to receive the pardon. He had been trying to defend himself saying he was coerced by the F.B.I. but when you accept a pardon, you also accept the responsibility that you are guilty of the alleged crimes and can no longer defend yourself against the claim you committed those crimes. So to put it bluntly, Michael Flynn has directly confirmed that he collaborated with the Russians in the run up to the 2016 election, and that he is now confirmed as a traitor to the people of the United States of America. Just another Idiot. Personally if I had been him, I would have refused it.
Stay at home, stay inside but most importantly stay safe.
hug your nan at Christmas and then bury her in January.

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 00:15

felter wrote:
Thu, 26. Nov 20, 00:00
So Trump has pardoned Michael Flynn, who then tweeted:
"'They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the Lord."
Just another one of Trump cronies who has no understanding exactly what he is agreeing to when he elects to receive the pardon. He had been trying to defend himself saying he was coerced by the F.B.I. but when you accept a pardon, you also accept the responsibility that you are guilty of the alleged crimes and can no longer defend yourself against the claim you committed those crimes. So to put it bluntly, Michael Flynn has directly confirmed that he collaborated with the Russians in the run up to the 2016 election, and that he is now confirmed as a traitor to the people of the United States of America. Just another Idiot. Personally if I had been him, I would have refused it.
So that's the 3rd time Flynn plead guilty... lol.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

User avatar
clakclak
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun, 13. Jul 08, 19:29
x3

Re: Trump

Post by clakclak » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 12:12

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 25. Nov 20, 19:18
The WH is currently considering lifting the travel ban to Europe. I hope the EU and UK have travel bans to the US. I don't wanna see us spreading COVID around over there.
I don't think we do as the EU reopened it's borders in June, but at least in Germany all forgein travlers no matter if they come from within the EU or not are forced into a 2 week quarantine after arriving in the country. These quarantines can be subject to routine checks by officials and if you are found violating it there will be consequences. So I would assume that is a deterrent to people trying to come over.

matthewfarmery
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri, 9. Apr 04, 17:49
x3

Re: Trump

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 14:17

felter wrote:
Wed, 25. Nov 20, 02:36
It turns out it's not just Donald that is probably in trouble when he leaves the Whitehouse, as it turns out Ivanka is under investigation for fraud when she was paid $747,622 for a consolation fee but it was paid to her from the Trump organisation and then claimed as a tax break. Of course she is not too happy about this, but I say if it was all above board she has nothing to worry about. It does give keeping it in the family a new meaning. On a side note because it's not a federal crime, daddy can't throw a pardon at her.
She is in trouble, even if she hasn't been formally charged yet. But the issue is, the consulting fee, she was both the executive officer making the payment, and the executive of the firm doing the consulting.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/will-i ... -evidence/
Documents obtained by the New York Times also indicate that between 2010 and 2018, Trump wrote off “$26 million in unexplained ‘consulting fees'” as business expenses on his tax returns. The $26 million included $747,622 paid to an unidentified individual. That amount, it turns out, exactly matches income Ivanka listed as consulting fees on the 2017 financial disclosure forms she filed when she joined the White House staff.

As former New York City prosecutor Elura Nanos wrote in a recent column for the Law & Crime website, “This could be a problem, as Ms. Trump was an executive officer both of the company making the payment and the company doing the consulting. When a key person is on both sides of such a transaction, tax deductions could be illegal if the payments were inflated.”
With the clocking ticking, she has her own future to consider, and with her father doing a total meltdown, and his lawyers making him look like an idiot. I think she might do a dog eat dog, and save herself from a lengthy prison sentence.

Oh yes, the above trick has been used by the mafia, so its very easy to make money disappear and re-appear.

So will be interesting to see if she does turn over state evidence, so watch this space.
=

Vertigo 7
Posts: 2388
Joined: Fri, 14. Jan 11, 18:30
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 16:22

clakclak wrote:
Thu, 26. Nov 20, 12:12
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 25. Nov 20, 19:18
The WH is currently considering lifting the travel ban to Europe. I hope the EU and UK have travel bans to the US. I don't wanna see us spreading COVID around over there.
I don't think we do as the EU reopened it's borders in June, but at least in Germany all forgein travlers no matter if they come from within the EU or not are forced into a 2 week quarantine after arriving in the country. These quarantines can be subject to routine checks by officials and if you are found violating it there will be consequences. So I would assume that is a deterrent to people trying to come over.
I wouldn't make such assumptions, especially if it involves a MAGA minion. If they're relying on some kind of honor system to quarantine, chances are it won't happen.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri, 9. Apr 04, 17:49
x3

Re: Trump

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 27. Nov 20, 14:36

Trump certainly got frustrated and lost his temper.

Trump tells reporter ‘don’t ever talk to the President that way’ after questions

https://extra.ie/2020/11/27/news/world- ... -president

But then again, President or not, he just acting like a huge baby. Still spewing fraud allegations, and not conceding. Even if he is the president, he should be or should have been more responsible. Instead of using the Oval office for personal gain. (He seems to be issuing a far few pardons, and also bringing forward some executions forward too.

Oh yes, he owes $850,000 of Unpaid Campaign Rally Bills. Also seen in another link, a donor who gave trump over 2.5mill to help with the fraud cases, (and of course no evidence has been found). Wants his money back. lol

I guess in the words of the ferengi, All sales are final! besides, that money will probably have been diverted now. No chance of that donor ever seeing that money again.
=

User avatar
felter
Posts: 991
Joined: Sat, 9. Nov 02, 19:13
xr

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 01:08

It's funny how how treats ever other human being as though they are crap and beneath him, but as soon as someone returns the favour he gets all uppity about it, besides just because someone is the President does not mean that they getting treated with respect as respect is something one has to earn, and he has most certainly not earned that from anyone, especially the press.
Stay at home, stay inside but most importantly stay safe.
hug your nan at Christmas and then bury her in January.

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic English”