Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
x4

Re: Trump

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 13:43

Grim Lock wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 12:23
Well this is pretty funny too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRWUXtiLy0

Mike Pence does a little speech, namedropping Trump and waiting for aplause, he doesn't get any.
And Joe Biden did.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 14:24

I do see it a hopefull sign that the international community is finally done playing along with Trump, after he's been badgering and annoying us long enough now. (while at same time kissing up to dicators and the like) Amercia first? sure go ahead, stop ****** with anyone outside your precious country then. Oh and while you're at it, please remove your "secret" nukes from our country too.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 16:11

Trump is like Hannibal Lecter, he's been feeding on the soul of America..
like Lecter, he should be in solitary confinement - hidden away somewhere..

He campaigned on the idea that America had become so bad that it had to be made "Great Again" - in support of this ridiculous notion, he spent most of his time
attacking it's institutions relentlessly - something he has been doing his whole life - he often proudly boasts of having broken the rules, and thus becoming rich in the process..
- the rest of Trump Org followed suit, and proceeded to drag the USA and its proud history through the mud, in public - without a second thought..

At the very outset, his candicacy was preposterous, Donald Trump has never shown an ounce of respect for authority in his entire life, and knew absolutely nothing about politics..
if that fact in itself doesn't indicate his total lack of respect for the office of the Presidency Of The United States Of America - what the heck does..?? :o :o

- accordingly, the Republicans are also looking pretty darn STOOPID or OUTRIGHT EVIL right now..

- most of them appear as rabbits in the headlights - Graham and McConnell's credibility has been completely shot to pieces..
- the entire Republican party should be restructured, from the bottom up - it has ceased to be relevant in the modern world..
- I doubt that any of the current bunch is capable of such an undertaking.. they've been so concerned about ensuring their power and wealth - they've lost the plot completely..

- Mr Sulu - set a course for Federation Headquarters..
- we must warn the UK that the Konservatives are planning an all-out attack..

Resistance is puerile..!!
sorry, I meant Resistance is futon..!!
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 20:57

felter wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 19:14
Trump will never receive the Nobel peace prize and does not deserve it due to how, since becoming President, he has tried to coerce and manipulate them into giving him the award, let alone he has done nothing to deserve it. People who have received it and deserved it, did not run around getting others to nominate them or shout and scream that they deserved it, they got it because of their compassion for others, something Trump lacks...
Nelson Mandela got it. After prison, he apparently changed some of his violent views, but not, IMO, by much. There were still murders, political infighting, terrorism, etc.. But, since it was all for a "Good Cause" I guess that's supposed to be alright. His political ideology wasn't as much focused on "freedom" and "liberty" as pop-culture wants to admit. It's like kids wearing Che Guevara t-shirts - It's a false history and a mistaken, artificial, ideology they're mimicking support of, not the "truth."

Anyway, nobody really cares about the Nobel Peace Prize. It's too often a politically motivated "award." It's a magnet used to attract attention. Trump loves attention, so I'm sure he'll do what he can to obtain it.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 00:31

Morkonan wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 20:57
felter wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 19:14
Trump will never receive the Nobel peace prize and does not deserve it due to how, since becoming President, he has tried to coerce and manipulate them into giving him the award, let alone he has done nothing to deserve it. People who have received it and deserved it, did not run around getting others to nominate them or shout and scream that they deserved it, they got it because of their compassion for others, something Trump lacks...
Nelson Mandela got it. After prison, he apparently changed some of his violent views, but not, IMO, by much. There were still murders, political infighting, terrorism, etc.. But, since it was all for a "Good Cause" I guess that's supposed to be alright. His political ideology wasn't as much focused on "freedom" and "liberty" as pop-culture wants to admit. It's like kids wearing Che Guevara t-shirts - It's a false history and a mistaken, artificial, ideology they're mimicking support of, not the "truth."

Anyway, nobody really cares about the Nobel Peace Prize. It's too often a politically motivated "award." It's a magnet used to attract attention. Trump loves attention, so I'm sure he'll do what he can to obtain it.
Are you actually comparing Donald J Trump to Nelson Mandela. I'm totally flabbergasted, I honestly do not know what to say to that comparison.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 01:26

Are you actually suggesting that Donald Trump is bigger than the Nobel Peace Prize..??!! :o :o :o :o

yeah, we'll all have get just a little bit crazy to believe that one..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5_Ydq8LbeQ

Malcolm Nance has been right on the button all along:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJvb5W7LZew

- several people have deliberately and methodically kept this narrative in the public domain since it first surfaced
for instance ethics expert Prof. Richard Painter has remained resolute throughout..

c'mon people - get with the program..!! :xbtf: :xbtf:
Last edited by BugMeister on Fri, 22. Feb 19, 01:49, edited 1 time in total.
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 01:42

What is it about McCabe or what he's saying, or what he's writing, that just sounds a bit off to me?

Don't worry, I'm not about to be suborned by the Dark Side but... there's something that doesn't feel quite right there.
I can't breathe.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 01:47

- much of what he knows remains secret - for security reasons..
- that alone should make things seem somewhat spooky.. :roll:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 01:58

Yeah but the same applies to much else here so I don't think that flies.

I've seen a bazillion other actors in this "GOP / Trump / election / Russia / money / money / money / lies / lies / lies" space that come across shifty, dirty, duplicitous etc etc etc. But there's something about McCabe that, to me, is different. And not, I think, in a "good" way.

And I can't put my finger on what it is or why it is.

Maybe it's just another one of those situations where I hope to be wrong :).
I can't breathe.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 06:11

message from cloud-cuckoo land:
"with the much anticipated visitation by Hari Seldon imminent, a team has visited the library at Trantor to research the Encyclopaedia Galactica on dealing with the problem of removing The Mule from office..
- after some deliberation, it appears that the Foundation has arrived at an interesting and curious impasse, where further clarification has become necessary in the light of recent events..
- Excitement is rising, and rumours abound that the "Mule incident" is somehow linked the impending arrival of the Hari Seldon announcement.." - apologies to Asimov.. :P
- you think I'm making it up?
- well actually, yes I am..

- however, this news was broadcast today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fBpEJ9MXx0
- it was this brilliant research by the Maddow team that reminded me of the Asimov Saga..
- looking back through historical records searching for a solution to a current problem, etc, etc..

- ace reporting..!! :roll:
Last edited by BugMeister on Fri, 22. Feb 19, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 11:16

Morkonan wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 20:57

That is quite unfair, I think - Mandela did indeed eschew violence. Granted, he did so at least partly because he began to recognise that violence was not going to achieve his aim (some may consider it less laudable to give up that which you have realised you cannot use effectively). Granted, many of his organisation continued to use violent methods; though he discouraged that, he did not put a stop to it (whether he was in a position to do so or not is debatable). Still, he made a very real contribution to peace in his community.

As far as his connection with the African National Congress is concerned, I would very much see him as the golden head of a statue with feet of clay (Biblical allusion) or perhaps even feet of manure (less Biblical). But he himself was the real deal (and I have met someone who worked directly for him, an Australian bodyguard, who confirms that Mandela was the same person publically and privately).
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 20:55

>MAKE AMERIKA GRATE AGAIN<
the Replicants have some serious explaining to do..
apart from the fact that they willingly facilitated the rise of the lunatic Trump..

- remember: the orange lunatic is in the hall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ale63z7nPIs
aw, c'mon Donny - 7G is even better.. :roll:

meanwhile - seriously..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSIAvrx7F50
why is Acosta still in his post - given that he deliberately rigged the sentencing of Jeffrey Epstein..
what is Steven Miller doing in the White House - what is his role - what has he achieved..
why has Trump been studiously avoiding any mention of the rogue crazy Coastguard officer's assassination plotting.
Roger Stone posts a picture of his legal adversary with a sniper's target on it - why do you still remain silent..
why hasn't the NRA been put under close surveillance, given that their officers are willing to consort with Russian criminals..
what role does the NRA play in the government of the USA, why have they not been publicly censured for their corrupt business practices
why don't you dig up the body of Charlton Heston, and prise that M16 from his cold, dead hand..

who is chewing Trump's food for him, he's obviously incapable..:mrgreen:
(??????)

Replicants: please explain yourselves, and your political aims - you bunch of over-entitled useless spigots..!! :lol:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 01:58

Usenko wrote:
Fri, 22. Feb 19, 11:16
...That is quite unfair, I think - Mandela did indeed eschew violence. Granted, he did so at least partly because he began to recognise that violence was not going to achieve his aim (some may consider it less laudable to give up that which you have realised you cannot use effectively). Granted, many of his organisation continued to use violent methods; though he discouraged that, he did not put a stop to it (whether he was in a position to do so or not is debatable). Still, he made a very real contribution to peace in his community.

As far as his connection with the African National Congress is concerned, I would very much see him as the golden head of a statue with feet of clay (Biblical allusion) or perhaps even feet of manure (less Biblical). But he himself was the real deal (and I have met someone who worked directly for him, an Australian bodyguard, who confirms that Mandela was the same person publically and privately).
Perhaps it may be fair to say he was placed upon that pedestal despite his previous actions or beliefs? True, it does seem that he turned over a "new leaf" after his imprisonment. But, he had become a somewhat mythologized figure at that point, a person who could be focused on by others seeking something similar to what he originally stood for. It's almost like he was "set up by history and culture" to end up being what he became rather than what he "was."

I'm not passing judgement on him. I think I need to say that. It's not my place. It's also not my place to deny redemption, either - Anyone is capable of making that choice. So, my criticism may be unwarranted in the end. But, I do always want to caution those who consider him worthy of Sainthood. Though, even Saul can become Paul... :)

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 02:47

Morkonan wrote:
Sat, 23. Feb 19, 01:58

Perhaps it may be fair to say he was placed upon that pedestal despite his previous actions or beliefs? True, it does seem that he turned over a "new leaf" after his imprisonment. But, he had become a somewhat mythologized figure at that point, a person who could be focused on by others seeking something similar to what he originally stood for. It's almost like he was "set up by history and culture" to end up being what he became rather than what he "was."
I'm going to go with this sentiment. He founded a group that did barbaric stuff and it is wrong to gloss over that. Persons who achieve the kind of cultural significance Mandela did should be studied with their flaws. In this case the flaws involve burning people to death with gasoline filled tires.
Who made that man a gunner?

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 03:01

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 23. Feb 19, 02:47
I'm going to go with this sentiment. He founded a group that did barbaric stuff and it is wrong to gloss over that. Persons who achieve the kind of cultural significance Mandela did should be studied with their flaws. In this case the flaws involve burning people to death with gasoline filled tires.
Agreed. Though, we also have to understand where the "necklaces" came from in the first place. The whole of South African was a terrible crap-show to begin with. It's not difficult to understand that barbarity gave rise to barbarity. That DOES NOT, however, free anyone from the condemnation for the choices they willingly made. Nobody can be forced to make a choice that... they didn't make. "Even a slave is condemned to be free."

I applaud whatever his change of heart may have been. Like you, I wish people would consider "everything" with a bit of perspective. Darn kids and their Che Guevara t-shirts... :/ :)

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 05:48

- what has Nelson Mandela got to do with Donald Trump..??

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 06:46

BugMeister wrote:
Sat, 23. Feb 19, 05:48
Says the guy who compared President Trump to Hitler. Repeatedly.
Who made that man a gunner?

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 07:31

what has Nelson Mandela got to do with Donald Trump?

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 12:14

@Mightysword I think the US has just scored again.

Ryan Zinke ./shakes head in amazement

:lol:
I can't breathe.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Sat, 23. Feb 19, 13:13

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 23. Feb 19, 06:46
BugMeister wrote:
Sat, 23. Feb 19, 05:48
Says the guy who compared President Trump to Hitler. Repeatedly.
Whats the problem with that? The great leader said there are ¨good people amongst the nazis¨ :roll:
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Return to “Off Topic English”