Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 23:28

felter wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 22:41
Quite surprised this ones not been mentioned, but according to the great historian Donald J. Trump, the Spanish flu of 1917 helped to end the second world war.

Okay so lets go over the facts. First off, the Spanish flu started in 1918 not 1917 and lasted around 2 years. World War 2 started in 1938 20 years after the start of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, and had absolutely nothing to do with WW2. Whitehouse has said Trump meant WW1, but wait hasn't Trump said he doesn't make mistakes. Not just that WW1 ended before the Spanish flu took effect, mind you they do think that the troops returning home after the end of the war help with the spread of the virus but it had nothing to do with the ending of the war as it had already ended with the surrender of Germany. So even if Trump meant WW1 and not WW2 he was still wrong on everything he said.

What a total and utter muppet.
lol well it's the same guy that said we took over the airports during the Revolutionary War.

Nobody knows history better than Donald "Very Stable Genius" Trump.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 23:42

felter wrote:
Quite surprised this ones not been mentioned,
Why would it need mentioning? Its yet another stupid remark, who cares? In this case its not even as bad as people make it, sure he said WW2, could be a slip up anyone could do, there is no real need to make a fuss about it.

I find it more interesting that people keep calling it the spanish flu, which is not just factually wrong. But hey lets find some nonsense trump says and spend hours laughing about how stupid he REALLY is. :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 00:29

I don't think people call Mr Trump a fool because he makes mistakes. To err is human and all that.

No. I think people call him a fool because he is too arrogant to ever admit that he is wrong on anything.

When he got a weather report wrong he could have just said "Sorry guys. It's a was a very technical thing. I done goofed." But no. He couldn't
do it. Instead he took a Sharpie pen and doctored the report in a childish attempt to vindicate himself and thus we had "Sharpiegate"

He always does this. He cannot bring himself to admit that he is wrong on any matter. He will double down on his mistakes every
damned time and it's this refusal to admit fault that makes folks laugh at him.
Last edited by brucewarren on Thu, 13. Aug 20, 01:00, edited 2 times in total.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 00:48

brucewarren wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 00:29
No. I think people call him a fool because he is too arrogant to ever admit that he is wrong on anything.
Question: did you actually wait until this particular piece of 'news' to come to that conclusion? I would wager not, in fact judging by the tone most similar people would have arrived at that at least for a couple years and some hundred incidents ago, am I wrong?

I think the point is "is that really news" ? You can pick out any one of Trump's flaw and you can see it has been repeatably brought up and beaten to up death, either in this thread or elsewhere, to a point I think we need something stronger than the phrase 'beating a dead horse' to describe this behavior appropriately. It doesn't open up any new angle, doesn't in any way informative, and especially, it's something inconsequential. The only reason I can think of to mention something like this is to have a laugh, but then not everyone need a daily dose of caffeine to be happy.

One poster said "surprise this wasn't mentioned ..." to which another reply "why does something like this need to be mentioned again?" It's not a question about the content itself, but rather the relevancy of it. ;)
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 00:56

No, you're not wrong, and I guess my post does indeed add nothing to the debate.

I was thinking of deleting it after the last edit, but then you posted before I could do so. :oops:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 02:01

Actually I think it does matter:-

* It matters partly because it's part of Trump's modus operandi pt I, namely never retreat, always attack.
* It matters partly because it's part of Trump's modus operandi pt II, namely just throw more crap out to distract from the crap he's previously chucked out.
* And it matters because of what it tells us about Trump's continued support, namely that they find themselves able to ignore this behaviour.

Calling it out here is, unfortunately, unlikely to change anybody's mind. And it certainly won't change the behaviour of either Trump, his family, or his administration. But examining it, seeking to understand it, and trying to figure out how to get past it, has to be part of the (to be hoped for) post-Trump process, no?
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 03:33

RegisterMe wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 02:01
But examining it, seeking to understand it, and trying to figure out how to get past it, has to be part of the (to be hoped for) post-Trump process, no?
Bold face for emphasis. Yes, if we can actually do that, that will be grant. I'm a bit pessimist about it though. I have a feeling if that (the thing in bold) is an ability we universally possess, we wouldn't be here to begin with. Standard procedure current is simply to overpower and overwritten opposition with brute force or/and numbers, there is very little 'seeking to understand' involved, at least that I can see. In another word, we find ourselves here because we couldn't do exactly just that.

Even when you hear someone claim they try to understand or even claim they understand others, they simply mean the only understanding I will accept is the one I impose on you. What I believe you think is the truth, regardless of what you are actually thinking.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 05:27

Ketraar wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 23:42
felter wrote:
Quite surprised this ones not been mentioned,
Why would it need mentioning? Its yet another stupid remark, who cares? In this case its not even as bad as people make it, sure he said WW2, could be a slip up anyone could do, there is no real need to make a fuss about it.

I find it more interesting that people keep calling it the spanish flu, which is not just factually wrong. But hey lets find some nonsense trump says and spend hours laughing about how stupid he REALLY is. :roll:

MFG

Ketraar
Who cares, history does, Americans should. He is supposed to be the President of the United States of America, everything he says, everything he does will be remembered for a very long time to come as recorded history. He represents Americans at the highest level, he is supposed to be the one who shows what America is about, what Americans are about, he is suppose to show some kind of intelligence but yet he makes the stupidest and dumbest statements over and over again. And these statements will be studied by the historians of future generations, they will use them to try and figure out America's historical past.

As for the Spanish flu, like it or not that is what it is known as. Whether or not it is factual or not doesn't matter, as it will always be called Spanish flu and when someone calls it that, others will know exactly what is being talked about. Whereas if I was to say the A/H1N1 flu pandemic of 1918, most people would not have a clue what I'm talking about.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 07:22

felter wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 05:27
Who cares, history does, Americans should. He is supposed to be the President of the United States of America, everything he says, everything he does will be remembered for a very long time to come as recorded history. He represents Americans at the highest level, he is supposed to be the one who shows what America is about, what Americans are about, he is suppose to show some kind of intelligence but yet he makes the stupidest and dumbest statements over and over again. And these statements will be studied by the historians of future generations, they will use them to try and figure out America's historical past.
Well he definitely represents the intellect, morality, and desires of his base damn near perfectly.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 11:19

felter wrote:
Who cares, history does, Americans should. He is supposed to be the President of the United States of America, everything he says, everything he does will be remembered for a very long time to come as recorded history.
Can we return to Egyptian ways and erase all writings about a criminal?

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 12:54

felter wrote:
As for the Spanish flu, like it or not that is what it is known as. Whether or not it is factual or not doesn't matter, as it will always be called Spanish flu and when someone calls it that, others will know exactly what is being talked about. Whereas if I was to say the A/H1N1 flu pandemic of 1918, most people would not have a clue what I'm talking about.
The "its been like that for a long time" is a very weak argument. More so from people that are pointing out other peoples communication failures. Are we keeping calling black people n****** then? I doubt it, hence once we understand an error we correct it, was it not was many even here considered to be the right course of action to be taken? Seems to be like a load of hypocrisy is what it is.

MFG

Ketraar

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 14:11

I don't understand why you guys are discussing these things, there are far more pressuring issues at hand.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 17:12

again with the water crap? The man doesn't know how to wash his hair after 70something years so lets change standards for every household in the country. Totally makes sense.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 19:09

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/1 ... ing-394692

Trump has said that he opposes funding to the US postal service. Simply so he can prevent Mail in voting.

I mean, you would expect this from a dictatorship country, like Russia, or China. But not from a western democracy country like America. Oh wait, America is turning more and more into a dictatorship under Trump. Just another way he can prevent people from voting.

Plus he trying to destroy social security funding, and without that, it will leave many in dire straights.

And yet, where is the GOP in all this? Those senators should be ashamed of themselves.

America is slowing going down the tube, and I'm sure Trump will do plenty more damage before he finally goes.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 13. Aug 20, 21:45

He's setting himself up to be the first president overthrown. We will not allow him to destroy our democracy.
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 14. Aug 20, 01:57

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 21:45
He's setting himself up to be the first president overthrown. We will not allow him to destroy our democracy.
But many of you are allowing it, even supporting it.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 14. Aug 20, 04:53

felter wrote:
Fri, 14. Aug 20, 01:57
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 13. Aug 20, 21:45
But many of you are allowing it, even supporting it.
There's even more of us that don't. What's your point?
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 14. Aug 20, 05:37

The police have recently shown that they back Trump. The military have recently shown that they back Trump. The federal police have recently shown that they back Trump. A portion of the populace have shown they back Trump, and they did it by wearing full body armour while carrying automatic assault rifles and did it with impunity. When the rest of the populace demonstrated against Trump without weapons, they were shot gassed and imprisoned.

Olterin
xr

Post by Olterin » Fri, 14. Aug 20, 09:40

felter wrote:
Fri, 14. Aug 20, 05:37
The police have recently shown that they back Trump. The military have recently shown that they back Trump. The federal police have recently shown that they back Trump. A portion of the populace have shown they back Trump, and they did it by wearing full body armour while carrying automatic assault rifles and did it with impunity. When the rest of the populace demonstrated against Trump without weapons, they were shot gassed and imprisoned.
As if the world wanted to prove this point, just replace "Trump" with "Lukashenko" and look at recent news. You know, that guy who's known as the Last Dictator of Europe. I mean, surely it's not that bad over there across the pond? Right guys? Don't let it get that bad, please.
"Do or do not, there is no try"
"My Other Overwhelming Mixed Assault Fleet is a Brigantine" -Seleucius, commenting on my ship naming scheme

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 14. Aug 20, 14:42

felter wrote:
The police have recently shown that they back Trump.
Not entirely accurate. Certain police unions are happy with their ability to do whatever and whenever, but not every police precinct is following suit.
felter wrote:
The military have recently shown that they back Trump.
You mean how the chairman of the joint chiefs came out and publicly apologized for taking part in the photo op stunt and told Trump that he was not going to allow the military to be deployed on US soil to attack protesters he didn't like? Or how happy the active forces in Afghanistan are that Trump refused to even discuss the bounties that Russia is putting on them with Putin in any of the numerous conversations they've had since that became public knowledge?
felter wrote:
The federal police have recently shown that they back Trump.
Sure, he has CBP polishing the presidential pole on a regular basis. There's little in the way of qualifications needed to work for CBP in the first place, just hate Mexicans and you're good to go. Did you also happen to notice that one major federal agency was completely absent from all of this? The FBI. The one agency, after the US Marshals, that has the most leeway to operate in all 50 states and they didn't get a party invite, or they refused to attend. Either way, the FBI has shown multiple times that they don't dance to Trump's tune.
felter wrote:
A portion of the populace have shown they back Trump, and they did it by wearing full body armour while carrying automatic assault rifles and did it with impunity. When the rest of the populace demonstrated against Trump without weapons, they were shot gassed and imprisoned.
Yes they did. But that just proves that one side of this is dumb enough to go to arms to try get what they want from the get go. That's a last resort measure, not a first. And believe me, if we get to that last resort measure, we'll put down the inbred hicks again, if need be. But don't think for a second that just because civil rights protesters have been largely unarmed that they, or the rest of us, will stay that way if it comes to it.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”