Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tycow
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Tycow » Wed, 7. Nov 18, 21:17

Hank001 wrote:
Wed, 7. Nov 18, 21:04
Trump's news conference today was indicative. Trump crapped on those Republicans that didn't lick his boots and then craps on the press. Still thinking he's the Godfather of America and those that don't kiss his...ring get crapoed on.

EX Attorney General Jeff Sessions wastes no time in bailing out:

Beleaguered US law chief Sessions quits

The next two years look like more "interesting times".
BBC have changed the headline now; Sessions was fired.
"Dear Mr President, at your request I am submitting my resignation," Mr Sessions said in his letter.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 7. Nov 18, 21:23

Sessions is one bird that won't sing..
utterly at Drumpf's behest, he'll hope to fade into obscurity..
the Replicant's have already stolen the nation's wealth, and will continue to fiddle while Rome burns..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Wed, 7. Nov 18, 21:28

Tycow point's out:
Yeah I'm hearing now that (of course) Trump told Chief of Staff John Kelly to call Sessions and fire him. I suppose it's some tip of the hat to Sessions that he was allowed to submit a resignation or just Session's way of saying to Trump "hell if I'm fired, I'm resigning!"
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 7. Nov 18, 21:33

he probably missed his cue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjNe9fuqQ8o

Fredo Drumpf Jnr. feels his collar ever tightening..
- while Pea-brained Pence is still in rehearsal for his big scene.. :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 7. Nov 18, 22:27

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 7. Nov 18, 02:28
..I understand your frustration, but I think that's the sort of mindset that make a lot of people decide "not to vote".
That is true. But, it's not frustration as much as it is disillusionment. Or, maybe it's just time eating away at natural human optimism. :)
...I said it before right, the reason I posted here because I have fun with it, even with the up and down. That's why I don't know why some people seem to be so antagonizing when they post, the moment I don't feel it's fun, I would stop ... and never look back. If I know the only thing I can get out of my vote is frustration, I would stay home. I always leave the poll station feeling good, because I always voted for what I believe :wink:
There's no reason to "not have fun," here. I consider having a discussion with other people being "fun." It may take a lot of energy, sometimes, and there may be some conflict, but learning is "fun" and that includes learning how other people think and what they value or how they see the world... That's entertaining for me.

People are people... A collection of internet pixels on the screen with an avatar and a forum nic is just as susceptible to human foibles as a real-live-person. So, when someone blows up or gets outraged or just posts something uncharacteristically harsh, I think others need to take a step back and consider that there could be reasons other than what seems to be immediately obvious. That person typing those words may not be a jerk. They might just be having a particularly bad day. :)

Yesterday was a "bad day" for me. I was down, a bit irksome and in a bad mood. And, it was "Election Day." It's a day that, in school, we learned that "We The People" get to exercise our Right of self-determination. It's where "We" get to determine our own course and it's the day when we reaffirm our desire to empower our government. All great things, to be sure, but the reality of the Political Process isn't what was in the Civics textbooks when I was in grade-school... :)

The ads that hit the screen in the morning, but quickly tapered off later, were some of the few that I had seen. I try to not to watch as some political yahoo spews drivel across the television... Some of these ads were outright, blatant, terrible, disgusting lies. I don't mean "little lies." I mean big fat lies that only existed to either make people angry at the target or to scare the bejeebus out of people. And, these are fellow citizens, mostly, creating and proffering these lies to their own fellow citizens.

"This candidate voted to kill you in your sleep, tomorrow. A vote for me is a vote for life!"

"I like to have a piece of toast for breakfast right before I have my driver pick me up in my limousine to go to the racket club for a quick workout before I head to my CEO office at MultiBillion Co. I'm a regular guy, just like you and I, too, like toast. A vote for me is a vote for the common man!"

"This candidate actually murdered an entire kindergarten class full of kids with a spoon. The children recovered... But, a vote for me is a vote against child-murders like my opponent!"

That kind of crap will drive anyone a bit bonkers. And cynical... :)
Tycow wrote:
Wed, 7. Nov 18, 21:17

"Dear Mr President, at your request I am submitting my resignation," Mr Sessions said in his letter.
It's not too surprising that Sessions is gone. But, given some things that Trump has said after the loss of the House, I think he's also a bit worried. I think him worrying of indictment or impeachment because of this turmoil in the House is a bit unwarranted, right now, but he's obviously concerned. He may be attempting to set the stage to head off the Mueller Investigation, should that be necessary.

Sessions ouster wasn't a surprise, but we'll have to watch closely to see how Trump proceeds.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 01:39

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 7. Nov 18, 02:28
Or maybe because I'm a Buddhist.
Mahayana tradition I presume?

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 03:00

I kept hearing that the president's party historically loses seats in a midterm so I took a look at past ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... m_election

For the most part it is true though I think George Dubya was a bit of an outlier because of 9/11. It kind of puts the blue wave that was promised in perspective. For the GOP to actually gain in the Senate is a big diversion from the trend and one I am happy for. I think President Trump will get to make another Supreme Court nomination before 2020. I won't miss Ryan as speaker of the house and I anticipate enough nastiness from the dems to polarize voters for President Trump's second term. All in all not a bad day.
Who made that man a gunner?

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 03:17

Masterbagger says;
I won't miss Ryan as speaker of the house and I anticipate enough nastiness from the dems to polarize voters for President Trump's second term. All in all not a bad day.
And the souless lies peddled my this equally souless thing presently turning the government United States of America into a mafia operation, who wishes to crush the constitution under his his heel, sell us all out to big business and has succeeded in sowing so much division that your spouting the word "dems" like a curse. I hope your satisfied and proud of Trump's victory of common decency and the rule of law. His suborning the democratic process and his turning simple truth into an outdated concept. All his "values" have proven only one thing. That he could give one good damn about anything but himself. He's a walking posterchild for narcissism and will say ANYTHING and do ANYTHING to build his power and the United States means NOTHING to him but a means to an end.

So just go ahead and be just as happy as hell.
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 04:30

wtf is the idiot Drumpf drivelling on about now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSwXrox_N5o

- what an ass..!! :o :o

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 04:34

Hank001 wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 03:17
Masterbagger says;
I won't miss Ryan as speaker of the house and I anticipate enough nastiness from the dems to polarize voters for President Trump's second term. All in all not a bad day.
And the souless lies peddled my this equally souless thing presently turning the government United States of America into a mafia operation, who wishes to crush the constitution under his his heel, sell us all out to big business and has succeeded in sowing so much division that your spouting the word "dems" like a curse. I hope your satisfied and proud of Trump's victory of common decency and the rule of law. His suborning the democratic process and his turning simple truth into an outdated concept. All his "values" have proven only one thing. That he could give one good damn about anything but himself. He's a walking posterchild for narcissism and will say ANYTHING and do ANYTHING to build his power and the United States means NOTHING to him but a means to an end.

If you make President Trump a monster in your own mind he is going to live there rent free forever. Stop doing that and let that personal investment in attacking him and the people who voted for him go.
Who made that man a gunner?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 06:00

I think it's not a bad day as well. Democrats have something to yank Trump back with. And Trump is visibly unstable.

I repeat myself, I just hope Democrats grow a pair. They badly need a Mitch equivalent right now.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 09:43

Masterbagger wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 04:34
If you make President Trump a monster in your own mind he is going to live there rent free forever. Stop doing that and let that personal investment in attacking him and the people who voted for him go.
He didn't make Trump a monster. Trump has shown himself to be a monster. Repeatedly, and proudly.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 10:04

Masterbagger wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 04:34
Hank001 wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 03:17
Masterbagger says;

he's exactly like Nixon in that respect..
Nixon's blatant criminality haunts the White House even now..
as such, Drumpf is just another boogie-man - a warning to all free-thinking US citizens..
and he will fade into history as a minor aberration, just as Nixon did..
Drumpf has no concept of competent governance, he's incapable of it - his only interest is in "exercising" executive control
and. like Nixon, he will stretch his abuse of executive control to breaking point before he finally breaks cover..

- I see he is already starting to sweat under pressure, as Nixon did when he thrashed about during his final months and weeks in office

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 11:01

Given the recent precedent I fancy this guy as the next GoP President, the logical next step.
Dead pimp wins Nevada legislative race
BugMeister wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 10:04
I see he is already starting to sweat under pressure, as Nixon did when he thrashed about during his final months and weeks in office
Indeed, he's clearing desperately trying to kill the Mueller investigation before the new congressmen take up their seats and gain the ability to sharpen it's teeth.
Clearly the actions of an innocent man with nothing to hide. :roll:
If he actually believed what he said then Trump would be gleefully handing Mueller the rope with which to hang himself.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 13:35

:gruebel: Hmmm. Okay so I'm turning Trump into a boogie man in my own mind? Yeah. Right. I've deluded myself into believing he couldn't tell the truth about what he had for breakfast. I've created this fantasy that he makes concerted efforts to destroy anyone who doesn't bow before him and kiss his feet. And I'm obviously mentally deranged because I refuse to do so and join his mindless rabid minions in futhering the total destruction of this thing called democracy and the rule of law. And I must be mentally ill because I'm an old white man who isn't vindictive and angry enough to want the country ran by only old vindictive, angry white men.

Okay. I'll buy that. Call me off my rocker. :roll:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 15:32

Trump.. :lol:

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 16:51

BugMeister wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 15:32
We all watch the same sources, we all know exactly what Trump is. And if someone forgets, he reminds us this every day. I am not sure what's the argument here really.

Is Trump a monster? Are white nationalists and white supremacists, or are they just rotten? Dont matter to me which word we use.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 16:59

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 16:51
BugMeister wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 15:32
We all watch the same sources, we all know exactly what Trump is. And if someone forgets, he reminds us this every day. I am not sure what's the argument here really.

Is Trump a monster? Are white nationalists and white supremacists, or are they just rotten? Dont matter to me which word we use.
This is what staggers me about this line of argument.

Other politicians are subtle, they distract, talk in half truths, double speak, dog whistles, non-commitments etc etc. With such people the "You have just misunderstood them" line is at least plausible, their very way of speaking is designed to give them this armour of plausible deniability.
Not so with Trump, he engages in such things superficially (probably when told to by others) but more often than not he clearly an unambiguously displays EXACTLY what and who he is on a near minute by minute basis. And yet people will STILL grant him the grace of being misunderstood.
I'll give him this much, he was absolutely right when he said he could shoot someone in broad daylight and not lose one iota of support from certain demographics. . . . in fact he'd probably pick up a bit.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 17:27

Bishop149:
I'll give him this much, he was absolutely right when he said he could shoot someone in broad daylight and not lose one iota of support from certain demographics. . . . in fact he'd probably pick up a bit.
Truth is that the "Republican" (Quotes because they are now really the Trump Nationalist Party) lawmakers have little or no control over him because he goes off on anybody who attempts to contradict, disagree or even look at him wrong. They are scared he'll finally go off the deep end and force them to evoke the 25th Amendment and all look like idiots for letting a madman loose in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. I'd imagine his "I love me, ain't I great?" press conference debacle yesterday had them chewing their nails because he's starting to show his true colors and loosing some of his fear of confontation. If he's finally growing a pair he's apt to start butting heads with them even if they are tip-toeing around him like a live bomb with a hair trigger.

Now Trump knows as soon as the new congress is installed next year he's toast Mueller or no Mueller. One look at his tax records might be enough, so he's got to make some serious moves before January. If he can quash the Mueller probe before it can get to him and his then that leaves making sure that the Democrat controlled congress either never comes to be or is too scared to touch him. Make no mistake, he's very much an animal backed into a corner and the next two months are going to get nasty. You're going to see some unprecidented dirtiness. But, the more and harder he fights and lashes out the more fuel he's adding to the fire building under him.
MIND THE GAP

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 17:29

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 16:51
How about the word "human". That's what they are. That's what we all are. We are all products of nature. If we hate a person, we are hating nature and that means we are suffering from self-loathing and only making things worse. Nothing wrong with recognizing hatred, but let's not lower ourselves by partaking of that poison ourselves.

It's a violent universe, full of destruction and the misery of suffering all around. That's a fact. Now, what do we do about it? Do we roll in the garbage and offal of hatred, or do we see it for what it is and look for a way out of it?

I am sorry if my words offend. They are not directed at anyone in particular. Thanks.

Return to “Off Topic English”