Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

matthewfarmery
x3

Re: Trump

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 17:19

felter wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 16:15
I don't want trump or any of his family to die from the virus, that would be too much of an easy out for them, where they cannot be held responsible. I do want at least one of them to be hut hard with the virus, preferably Trump senior, as they need to have a wake up call, they need a dose of reality and some of them hurting is probably the only way they will get it. Besides if Trump were to die, it would be the end and I don't want that. I want to see what happens next. I want to see him and his family go bankrupt. I want to see Trump being held responsible and answering for the things he has done. I want to see him in handcuffs on his way to jail. If he dies, none of that happens.
I fully agree with this. I also hoped that the virus will get to the top, not to kill him, but to send him and his family a clear message. the problem with Trump, he and his family have put profit and ego before the American people and the rest of the world. Trump could have done a fair bit more, warned people of the dangers of it. Instead, you see a clown, downplaying the dangers, going against his own experts on the matter. Try to make him look, he knew more about the virus then anyone else. (Something he has done for years) He needs to see reality, but he hasn't. He needs to see the real dangers, but he hasn't. But maybe now, he will realise this virus is both dangerous and isn't going away.. (at least not yet) But yes, he needs to be made accountable. And the only way that will happen is if he loses, or unfit for the office.

But then again, I don't think Trump has been well for a while. So he is in a high risk category. But anyway, Trump needs a major walk up call. And this is it.

Edit

good news

Biden tests negative

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -for-covid

Also Trump has mild symptoms. So if he does get through it, yes, expect him to boost about it, and say its not serious.
=

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 23:35

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54396670
Trump has been taken to hospital.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 23:51

So it can't be that mild then. It that also means that Trump will be counted as being incapacitated, meaning that Mike Pence will now be the acting President of United Stated of America for the foreseeable future.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 23:58

felter wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 23:51
So it can't be that mild then. It that also means that Trump will be counted as being incapacitated, meaning that Mike Pence will now be the acting President of United Stated of America for the foreseeable future.
Not so quick. We are told that Trump will operate from the hospital presidential offices and that he is there as a precaution. Still, we've come to know that nothing but lies come out of this administration, so who knows?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 04:54

Observe wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 23:58
felter wrote:
Not so quick. We are told that Trump will operate from the hospital presidential offices and that he is there as a precaution. Still, we've come to know that nothing but lies come out of this administration, so who knows?
Ya, VP doesn't take over until the president is literally incapacitated. So long as he's still capable of ordering a nuke strike, he's still in charge.

In related news, the RNC chair, a republican senator, and Trump's chief of staff have all tested positive. Trump also attended a republican fundraiser and quite possibly spread covid to a bunch of rich republican donors after he knew he had tested positive and told no one.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 12:43

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 04:54
Observe wrote:
felter wrote:
Ya, VP doesn't take over until the president is literally incapacitated. So long as he's still capable of ordering a nuke strike, he's still in charge.

In related news, the RNC chair, a republican senator, and Trump's chief of staff have all tested positive. Trump also attended a republican fundraiser and quite possibly spread covid to a bunch of rich republican donors after he knew he had tested positive and told no one.
Trump travelled around 4 states, and quite a few of Trump's inner circle have tested positive. On one hand, I wouldn't put it past him to make this up and for him to no longer take part in farther debates. (And we all know that he will pull many hissy fits when the mic gets cut) Trump wants to be in control, take that away, and he won't be happy.

On the other hand, This could be a lot more serious, he he high risk. And the fact that many of his inner circle have tested positive, I would say, Trump does have it, and things might not be so well on him. Time will tell.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 13:56

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 12:43
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 04:54
Observe wrote:

Trump travelled around 4 states, and quite a few of Trump's inner circle have tested positive. On one hand, I wouldn't put it past him to make this up and for him to no longer take part in farther debates. (And we all know that he will pull many hissy fits when the mic gets cut) Trump wants to be in control, take that away, and he won't be happy.

On the other hand, This could be a lot more serious, he he high risk. And the fact that many of his inner circle have tested positive, I would say, Trump does have it, and things might not be so well on him. Time will tell.
Mulling the implications over, I have a hard time believing this is a scam. Primarily because it involves licensed physicians. Claiming someone has a disease when they don't could cause them to loose their license and the issuing board/ethics board doesn't answer to Trump. Trump is definitely a con artist and I wouldn't put it past him to try to use some bs excuse to avoid another embarrassment. But this relies too much on people that would be willing to risk their careers out of loyalty to Trump's lunacy. They still need to be employed after Trump's reign is over, after all. I mean, if it was just Trump and his inner circle saying "oh ya, we're sick *cough* SAD!" then it'd be really suspicious.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 14:25

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 13:56
But this relies too much on people that would be willing to risk their careers out of loyalty to Trump's lunacy. They still need to be employed after Trump's reign is over, after all.
Would this not apply to lawyers, generals, journalists, etc? There is a mile long line of people that put their careers on the line to lie for Trump, some are or were even in jail. You thinking that Trump can be Trump on its own is naive at best, he lasted this long only because there is always another (possibly stupid) person that is willing to fall on their sword for Trump.

I'm not implying this is a scam, I'm just questioning the base of your argument and how its not really valid based on passed experience.

MFG

Ketraar

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 15:09

felter wrote:
I said this because hospitals are for sick people, and if you are in hospital due to having the Covid-19 virus then you are sick and in need of emergency medical treatment. If your symptoms are mild and you are still able to do your job, then you are not in the need for emergency medical treatment, you can treat yourself at home with over the counter medications. At a time like this someone going to hospital in America for a none emergency case is ridiculous to a new level, those resources that will be being used to the care of a patient who does not require it, is a total waste. How many Americans are in a serious way with covid-19 and are not getting the treatment they require. How many of the two hundred thousand plus that have died because they didn't get the treatment. Wouldn't it be better if the bed was being used for someone who needs it, wouldn't the doctors and nurses time be better spent treating people who needs it. If Trumps symptoms are only mild he should not be in hospital and is only doing it for sympathy reasons.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 15:27

In the US, is the issue about general access to Covid hospital treatment one of availability or of affordability?

I also heard that Trump went into a local military hospital (mainly for security reasons I suspect) so would that facility currently be under any pressure for the treating of Covid patients from the armed forces? Is there any possibility that the president has displaced military patients just by being there?

These are honest questions of mine and not any form of dig or political comment.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 15:42

Another GOP senator has tested positive.

Third Republican senator tests positive for Covid-19

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... ws-updates

Starting to look pretty serious now. also there are unconfirmed reports on Trump;s health, one been he having trouble breathing. but with so much misinformation from him and the WH, its not sure on what are the facts.

Also Missouri governor mirrors Trump, he tested positive a week before Trump did. Who knows who he got the virus from. But its looking that a lot more people will be infected by the time this is over.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 20:00

Ketraar wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 14:25
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 13:56
But this relies too much on people that would be willing to risk their careers out of loyalty to Trump's lunacy. They still need to be employed after Trump's reign is over, after all.
Would this not apply to lawyers, generals, journalists, etc? There is a mile long line of people that put their careers on the line to lie for Trump, some are or were even in jail. You thinking that Trump can be Trump on its own is naive at best, he lasted this long only because there is always another (possibly stupid) person that is willing to fall on their sword for Trump.

I'm not implying this is a scam, I'm just questioning the base of your argument and how its not really valid based on passed experience.

MFG

Ketraar
A, no active serving general has "fallen on their sword" for Trump. As a matter of fact, the military has pretty well tried to distance themselves from Trump as much as they possibly can and have had little to no involvement in the political spectrum, with one notable exception that was immediately apologized for and not repeated.
B, the real press has been doing pretty good at calling Trump on his BS. The tabloid journalists that Trump has in his pocket are meaningless to the enth degree. You know any sensible people that read Breitbart or watch OANN or consume the bile that Hannity and Tucker Carlson spews? I don't.
C, lawyers... come on, they're paid to do whatever Trump wants. Sure, Cohen got arrested and disbarred. But dude, lawyers are scummy people and most of them will admit they are out right.
D, doctors don't work for the president. Sure, there's a military doc that serves as his "personal physician", but that doc's military career doesn't end when the president leaves office. It's just a posting... prestigious, sure, but he/she is there under orders.

I'm just saying, as far as ethical standards are concerned, doctors have the highest bar of most if not all professions out there. Especially military doctors. The consequences of a doctor lying are huge. Think about it, if they get caught, not only could they have their license revoked, they could also be liable for malpractice lawsuits AND all of the other patients that doctor has treated, that could also call into question the decisions made for those patients like potentially prescribing unnecessary medications, unneeded surgeries, etc. Everything that doctor has done would be put under a microscope and possibly open him/her up to even more litigation (enter the scummy lawyer).

To answer your question, no, it would not apply. There's no equivalency between physicians and any other profession you listed. Besides, the amount of people in the hospital alone that would know the truth is not insignificant. Trump doesn't control who works in a hospital, unlike his inner circle. The chances that he's gotten the deck stacked so that anyone and everyone that would have anything to do with his hospital visit would just claim whatever BS for him that he wants them to is pretty small.
Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 15:27
In the US, is the issue about general access to Covid hospital treatment one of availability or of affordability?

I also heard that Trump went into a local military hospital (mainly for security reasons I suspect) so would that facility currently be under any pressure for the treating of Covid patients from the armed forces? Is there any possibility that the president has displaced military patients just by being there?

These are honest questions of mine and not any form of dig or political comment.
WH staff and possibly congress and SCOTUS uses Walter Reed or Bethesda for all hospital visits while in DC. That's pretty routine. Both hospitals have a "presidential suite" just for POTUS.

I haven't needed (thankfully) to look into access to treatment for Covid, but I imagine it's a mix of both. I know whatever you're in the hospital for over night, that's an expensive visit. Even with insurance, we still have deductibles and copays and not all insurance will 100% cover everything so cost wise, hospital visits can get out of hand fast.
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 20:10

Just like everything else concerning Trump him catching the coronavirus is turning into a total and utter farce he can't even get that right.

If reports that are coming in a true then he was diagnosed with the virus last Wednesday which means he continued to meet with others after being diagnosed including doing that rally on Thursday, so with what I have said before that is intentional infection and should be prosecutable as it is just assault and potential murder.

Also his health is being questioned what is being said bu one party is being contradicted by another fro example one set of doctors are saying he isn't currently on oxygen but wont say if he has been on oxygen while another are saying he had to be put on oxygen at the Whitehouse before being taken into hospital. So instead of reassuring the American populace all they are doing is causing confusion.

Meanwhile, he has been given untested drugs which is annoying the scientists that are trying discover the vaccine, as the way they are being used will not produce any kind of scientific result, let alone it is probably dangerous.

It it also being reported that medics treating him have said that the next 48 hours are critical for Trumps survival rate, which goes against what others are saying as if he is only suffering mild symptoms then he should be fine.

Total confusion.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 21:12

Yeah, This could very well backfire. its certainly possible that he know that he was positive before he went on the rallies. Also don't forget that some people have no symptoms for a good while before they start showing signs of the virus. So yes, He put a lot of people at risk with his stupid rallies to boost his stupid ego.

And yes, the different reports on his health isn't helping either. Its possible he might be in a more serious condition then the doctors admit. And putting him on a experimental drug seems to be an iffy idea. Considering Trumps age and health / condition in general. I guess we will see how things progress.

So there certainly seems to be a lot of conflicting reports and BS about.
=

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 21:40

@ Vertigo 7: Thanks for the replies about the hospital treatment.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 12:53

So the latest that I am getting is that Trump is getting better but not out of the woods yet. But still, with so much misinformation circling, its hard to see the facts.

If he does return to the WH, many of his inner circle have been infected, even congress might end up shutting down. But still, Trump will brag and spin this, how he and he alone had beaten this invisible enemy. Expect no end of bragging. And to me, this is the real worry, that he might still not get the message on how serious the situation is. But still, from what I read, the WH is using rapid testing kits, which have a fairly high negative result rating. (But anyway, I think even if Trump doesn't take this seriously, then his secret service, aides etc should. And better measures. And that includes no more rallies. But he will no doubt have a hissy fit over that.

How can you protect a president, from his own stupidity?
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 15:07

straight jacket and a padded room? But if that's necessary he's no longer president. Quite the paradox.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 15:26

Then of course there are the two remaining debates, they could do it virtual. but still, not sure how that will go down with Trump, but easier to cut his mic mind. I can still see if they do this, he will fume, and do a major twitter storm saying that the debate was anti Me / biased. But still, with half or more of his inner circle infected, and goodness knows how many of the west wing officials will be infected too. Would the WH really be a safe place to work in? I don't think so. Sure Trump will if he gets better, will return, but how can others be protected? of course they can't. Unless they take stricter guidelines. But considering its already happened. What more can they do?

I don't envy those that work there. especially with an out of control "super spreader".

End of the day, things will have to change. And they /those that work with him) are just have to try and make him understand there are risks now. And even if he might have got it once, there is still a risk this might either be long term, or be reinfected.

So things need to change. But I doubt Trump will change. But he might come out of this stranger, or he might end up been a major risk.

Edit

Ignore the main headline, scroll down a bit, and it seems that the back tracking isn't been done.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 72828.html

Basically, no one from the Trump admin have reached out to Joe Biden's campaign team, and quite a few others, to try and determine who Trump has been in contact with. Either A, because the backtracking isn't happening, or B, they are taking their sweet time over this. But if its A, and the Trump's officials aren't doing any backtracking full stop, I would say that is a major lack of care, not doing their job (I know there is a word used to describe this, but I can't spell it)

So it seems for the time being, no backtracking, no contacting to say you might be infected and should get tested. What a way to run things, and shear foolishness on top of stupidity. (there is still a chance, that contacting is been done, and they are working through the list, but you would have thought that Joe Biden would have been contacted by now. Seems to me, more incompetence from this administration.
Last edited by matthewfarmery on Sun, 4. Oct 20, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 16:47

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sun, 4. Oct 20, 15:26
Then of course there are the two remaining debates, they could do it virtual. but still, not sure how that will go down with Trump, but easier to cut his mic mind. I can still see if they do this, he will fume, and do a major twitter storm saying that the debate was anti Me / biased. But still, with half or more of his inner circle infected, and goodness knows how many of the west wing officials will be infected too. Would the WH really be a safe place to work in? I don't think so. Sure Trump will if he gets better, will return, but how can others be protected? of course they can't. Unless they take stricter guidelines. But considering its already happened. What more can they do?

I don't envy those that work there. especially with an out of control "super spreader".

End of the day, things will have to change. And they /those that work with him) are just have to try and make him understand there are risks now. And even if he might have got it once, there is still a risk this might either be long term, or be reinfected.

So things need to change. But I doubt Trump will change. But he might come out of this stranger, or he might end up been a major risk.
well, thanks to Trump, the debates aren't important and aren't going to change anything. Hell, close to a quarter of voters will have already voted by the time the debates are concluded so meh. Honestly it just feels like a huge waste of time on the hopes there will be some big "gotcha!" moment. Like nascar fans just showing up to watch people drive in circles hoping for a crash. The more profound debates are taking place on the senate race and could actually make a difference.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 17:06

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 4. Oct 20, 16:47
matthewfarmery wrote:
Sun, 4. Oct 20, 15:26

well, thanks to Trump, the debates aren't important and aren't going to change anything. Hell, close to a quarter of voters will have already voted by the time the debates are concluded so meh. Honestly it just feels like a huge waste of time on the hopes there will be some big "gotcha!" moment. Like nascar fans just showing up to watch people drive in circles hoping for a crash. The more profound debates are taking place on the senate race and could actually make a difference.
Yes true, there is indeed that. So might as well can them and move on. So not a big deal. But still, things will still have to change, even if it means standing up to Trump. But from what I seen from certain news sites, a good few still think that the virus is a hoax, and Trump never had the virus to begin with and believes what he says still. What a crazy mixed up world we live in.

edit

New update from the doctors has revealed the following. (not sure if the info is 100% mind, but does fill in some gaps
The briefing with Trump's medical team is now over. Here's what we've learned:

Trump is being treated with dexamethasone, a steroid that's given to patients with severe or critical Covid-19, in order to help their lung function
Despite this, Dr Sean Conley says the team was planning for Trump to potentially be discharged from Walter Reed Medical Center as early as Monday, to continue his course of treatment at the White House
The president has had two dips in his oxygen saturation level since Thursday - one episode where it fell below 94% and another where it was below 93%
Dr Conley recommended the president be given supplemental oxygen. Although Trump was adamant that he didn't need it ,he was given oxygen
On Friday Trump was up and out of bed, but it was decided that he should go to Walter Reed

Asked why he didn't reveal Trump had received oxygen earlier, Dr Conley said: "I was trying to reflect the upbeat attitude of the team... The fact of the matter is, he's doing really well."
So Trump was given oxygen, interesting that Trump tried to refuse it mind. What an fool. Still, it does seem the doctors will discharge him tomorrow still. Unless anything major happens. But he is been given dexamethasone and that will continue.

I still think there is a good chance he will try and spin this and say its a victory for him.
=

Return to “Off Topic English”