Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Observe
xr

Re: Trump

Post by Observe » Thu, 1. Oct 20, 00:10

red assassin wrote:
Thu, 1. Oct 20, 00:02
Polling indicates that you are correct: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... bate-poll/
Interesting site. I didn't know about it. Thanks.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 1. Oct 20, 02:55

By now most people already know who they are going to vote for, so the debates mean nothing to them as such, as they are unlikely to change their minds at this stage. There is a small percentage that are still undecided, they reckon it's around 1 in 10 or 10% of registered voters. As a whole it's not very much but in a swing state it can mean the difference between wining and losing and these are the people the debates are aimed at. They are pretty much unlikely to effect the polls to any great degree. Besides a large portion have already made their vote, as they are using the postal voting so they can't change their minds no matter what the polls say or what is said in the debates.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 1. Oct 20, 19:31

Trump has given domestic terrorist groups a 'loaded gun' by refusing to condemn Proud Boys, says ex-aide

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 41825.html

This is the problem, by not directly denouncing such groups, like the "Proud Boys" expect them to probably go on the rampage if the president loses. Also Amazon blocked T shirts with the president's slogan, “stand back and stand by” Even then, there been reports of them wearing T shirts with this slogan. All its done instead of condemning them, he condoned their existence.

Trump needs to do him and America a favour by saying that his words should not mean he condones their actions. But then again, Trump is very loathed to admit mistakes. But sadly, I don't think Trump will condemn these groups, because they ultimately support him. This should be a worry for those who are living near such groups and want to vote for the dems, While the words could in interpreted as stand down, don't do anything. But in reality this is farther from the truth.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 1. Oct 20, 23:57

So I watched bits and pieces of the debate got to say was not impressed by any of them. Also heard some of the comments from Fox where they said Trump was like a predator, and I couldn't agree any less on that. If Trump had been a predator he would have hung back, watched and listened to Biden before attacking whatever Biden has to say but he never did that. My own analogy would have been that Trump acted more like a scared and frightened animal, that had been backed up into a corner and was lashing out at everything, as he didn't know what else to do, his primal fight or flight response taking over he couldn't run so he lashed out at everything.

This was Trump. except that critter is more cuter.

Also want to say Biden does not have Alzheimer's, he is not even showing any signs of it and Fox making light of it saying that he was is just wrong, Alzheimer's is a very serious disease that millions of people suffer from, and it should never be used as a weapon against anyone. Who ever deals with that in America should be making a big deal about it right now, I suspect here in the UK there would have been a lot of complaints made against anyone making light of Alzheimer's like Fox news did. They should apologise to anyone who has it and any family that cares for anyone who has it, it was a shameful thing to say.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 04:38

felter wrote:
Thu, 1. Oct 20, 23:57
So I watched bits and pieces of the debate got to say was not impressed by any of them. Also heard some of the comments from Fox where they said Trump was like a predator, and I couldn't agree any less on that. If Trump had been a predator he would have hung back, watched and listened to Biden before attacking whatever Biden has to say but he never did that. My own analogy would have been that Trump acted more like a scared and frightened animal, that had been backed up into a corner and was lashing out at everything, as he didn't know what else to do, his primal fight or flight response taking over he couldn't run so he lashed out at everything.

This was Trump. except that critter is more cuter.

Also want to say Biden does not have Alzheimer's, he is not even showing any signs of it and Fox making light of it saying that he was is just wrong, Alzheimer's is a very serious disease that millions of people suffer from, and it should never be used as a weapon against anyone. Who ever deals with that in America should be making a big deal about it right now, I suspect here in the UK there would have been a lot of complaints made against anyone making light of Alzheimer's like Fox news did. They should apologise to anyone who has it and any family that cares for anyone who has it, it was a shameful thing to say.
heh... so, get this. Kind of a round about way of making my point here but bear with me...

So you know there's 2, maybe 3 sides of Faux News, right? Their conspiracy theorist/white nationalist/talking heads... you know, the ones that aren't journalists like Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, some frequently wine drunk former judge, those 3 Chuckie Cheese robots that have that morning show, and others... all the ones that make up the vast majority of Faux's daily programming. Then there's their actual news reporters, though, only 3 or 4 of them, like Chris Wallace, don't let Faux dictate to them how and what they report and do a pretty damn good job of leaving bias out of their reporting. The rest of them tow the company line and primarily exist to feed things to the talking heads so they can in turn spin all of that to pander to trailer trash and/or Trump.

Well after Trump's white nationalist rally cry at the debate and the following day where he tried to walk it back by claiming he didn't know who the proud boys are (same shit he said before he was sworn in about the KKK and David Duke, fyi), Senate republicans "expressed their disappointment" with Trump and called his entire performance an embarrassment. Well watch this (only the first 45 seconds are necessary, short vid either way).

Senate republicans are pushing back against Trump, sort of, and now Faux News reporters are snapping on air. And the thing is, this refusal to out right condemn the proud boys is biting Trump in the ass. Not only him, but the Senate republicans that are running for reelection this year are drowning. Lindsey Graham was on Faux just a couple of days ago literally begging for campaign donations - he's now in a dead heat tie with his democrat challenger. That was supposed to be a sure thing for him to reup. All signs are pointing to a democrat majority in the senate now and the republicans are spinning in circles trying to figure out what to do. They're out of money and they're out of time and Trump is the one that's costing them their elections and this latest incident may have been the final nail in their coffins.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 08:05

If you can believe anything anymore, it sounds like Trump has Covid-19. He claims he is going into quarantine.

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 09:02

Ironic that Melania, the only member of the family who wore a mask during the televised debate, has it too.

How long before the rest of the clan test positive too I wonder?

Rug
I like to think everyone just wants to feel human.

(Antilogic)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 09:47

Rug wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 09:02
Ironic that Melania, the only member of the family who wore a mask during the televised debate, has it too.
The primary function of "commoner's mask" is not to protect the user, but to decrease how much the user infects others.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 10:28

Observe wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 08:05
If you can believe anything anymore, it sounds like Trump has Covid-19. He claims he is going into quarantine.
My sentiment too... My first reaction was - "what scam is he trying to pull off now?"

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 10:45

Warenwolf wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 10:28
Observe wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 08:05
My sentiment too... My first reaction was - "what scam is he trying to pull off now?"
I dunno, but I hope that whole klan of his dies painfully from it.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 11:05

He should probably try disinfectant shots, it was a genius suggestion by himself!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 12:29

This will certainly have him running scared. Also the TV head to head debates will be canned. I bet Joe will be worried now. So I wonder where he got it from, and how long he had it before the news broke? It also probably means all the WH staff might end up with it too? going to see how this plays out. Hopefully he will be unfit for command for a while.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 12:42

unrelated to the covid deal, progressives are all but calling the election in favor of Biden. Trump is (still) down in every swing state and is still very much behind nationally. It's even looking like Iowa is going to vote blue and in Texas, their governor is scrambling to close down absentee ballot collections cause their afraid of loosing Texas too. The prediction is a 2:1 electoral landside in Biden's favor. The Senate is also poised to flip to a dem majority, and the house was never in danger of being lost.

Of course, Trump, if he lives, is still going to try to cheat. But it won't matter, he can file all the law suits he wants, he's not in charge and he can't prove any supposed election fraud. Of course, his white power base wants and is calling for a civil war, which they'll loose that too, again.

This insanity is coming to a close and I hope this also means the end of the GOP.
rebellionpac.com

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 12:56

matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 12:29
This will certainly have him running scared. Also the TV head to head debates will be canned. I bet Joe will be worried now. So I wonder where he got it from, and how long he had it before the news broke? It also probably means all the WH staff might end up with it too? going to see how this plays out. Hopefully he will be unfit for command for a while.
Given the timescales I think it's a racing certainty he was already infected when he attended the TV debate the other day, so Joe Biden is probably fervently hoping he didn't get too close to him!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 13:08

One of Trump's main trusted aids, Hope Hicks was also tested positive for the virus, she first felt unwell returning from a rally in Minnesota on the president's plane Wednesday. So expect everyone on the plane to probably fell ill. (or very least have the virus) (considering how effective it spreads through ships) So the question is, those people at the Minnesota rally might have it too. (Plus none of them worn masks)

So its interesting on why there was a delay? unless Trump was tested on that day, and the results came today? But still, Both Trump and his aid have probably spread the virus to a good many people by now, backtracking to find out who both of them had been in contact with will be a logistical nightmare.

While I heavily dislike Trump, but it is a small bit of justice, But that is all I will say.

I just hope this changes the ball game, enough to kick Trump from office, and into a FBI car. He deserves that at least.
pjknibbs wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 12:56
matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 12:29
Given the timescales I think it's a racing certainty he was already infected when he attended the TV debate the other day, so Joe Biden is probably fervently hoping he didn't get too close to him!
He did probably have it at least wednesday when he came back from the rally, like I said above, and got it from his Aid, but then again, its also possible he might have got it sooner then that. And that the Aid got it from him or someone else? It will be a nightmare to backtrack mind. I don't envy the task of the people who will be doing the trace.
=

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 13:22

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/ ... 1105793024

Trump throws hats to fans at a rally the day before his test.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 13:42

Considering that, apparently, in the very first days of the infection tests would come out negative, he probably has it since a week at least.

By the way: what happens if both the candidates fall ill at a point where they're both unfit to be president? Are their vice-presidents running for the office?

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 13:48

Did the orange-bottomfeeder touch Biden during the debate? Its funny they release this info just days after it, it would not surprise me AT ALL if Tru... 'it' intentionally held off with the information to give it to his rival.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 13:54

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Fri, 2. Oct 20, 13:42
Considering that, apparently, in the very first days of the infection tests would come out negative, he probably has it since a week at least.

By the way: what happens if both the candidates fall ill at a point where they're both unfit to be president? Are their vice-presidents running for the office?
the way it works I think, if Trump does get seriously ill, then Mike Pence will take over, but if he also comes down ill, then it reverts to the house speaker, Nancy Pelosi. But as she is Dem, it would be a major shift. But if things aren't sorted quickly, then it could lead to a constitutional crisis.

But others might have more insight on this.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 2. Oct 20, 14:26

If Trump really does or even doesn't have Covid-19, you do know what is going to happen. The new president, that's Mike Pence, will call on a postponement or cancellation of the election, due to fact the other president, Donald J. Trump being unwell and incapacitated, meaning he is not fit enough to defend his presidency and will be unable to even attend the two remaining debates, so he will be unable to make his case over for re-election, making any election an unfair event. Which if it is not called off and Trump loses said election, he will just use this as an excuse to call the election an illegal and corrupt election as he would have won it if he had been able to defend it, calling the election null and void.

Return to “Off Topic English”