Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bishop149
x3

Re: Trump

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:14

I don't disagree with anything you have written there, however, I still think that it was an the glaring flaw in Obama to strengthening the power of the executive (although I understand his reasons for doing so) was that that power would be inherited by his successors to force through more malign policies than: "I'd like to provide my citizens with a basic level of healthcare coverage".

In other news

Trump makes foreign policy decision to benefit turkey and throwing the US's allies against ISIS under a bus called "probable ethic cleansing".

Edited: In 2012 his daughter tweeted the following: "Thank you Prime Minister Erdogan for joining us yesterday to celebrate the launch of #TrumpTowers Istanbul!"
His daughter BTW who has made (along with her husband) $82M during their first year working for the White House.

In 2015 Mr Trump said in an interview: "I have a little conflict of interest, because I have a major, major building in Istanbul. . "

It's just FLAGRANT corruption, I have no idea how he a) gets away with it or b) has the nerve to accuse Joe Biden of any damn thing.
I miss the day when corrupt politicians at least had the good grace to try and hide it.
Last edited by Bishop149 on Mon, 7. Oct 19, 16:45, edited 2 times in total.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:23

Bishop149 wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:14
I don't disagree with anything you have written there, however, I still think that it was an the glaring flaw in Obama to strengthening the power of the executive (although I understand his reasons for doing so) was that that power would be inherited by his successors to force through more malign policies than: "I'd like to provide my citizens with a basic level of healthcare coverage".

In other news

Trump makes foreign policy decision to benefit turkey and throwing the US's allies against ISIS under a bus called "probable ethic cleansing".

Almost simultaneously his daughter tweets the following: "Thank you Prime Minister Erdogan for joining us yesterday to celebrate the launch of #TrumpTowers Istanbul!"

His daughter BTW who has made (along with her husband) $82M during their first year working for the White House.

It's just FLAGRANT corruption, I have no idea how he a) gets away with it or b) has the nerve to accuse Joe Biden of any damn thing.
I miss the day when corrupt politicians at least had the good grace to try and hide it.
Holy shit.... this ass hole needs to burn.

*edit

Wait, that tweet was from 2012.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:35

It's quite a contrast to our "cash for questions" scandal, when a few grubby twenty pound notes in a brown envelope changed hands, isn't it.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:36

Bishop149 wrote:
Almost simultaneously his daughter tweets the following: "Thank you Prime Minister Erdogan for joining us yesterday to celebrate the launch of #TrumpTowers Istanbul!"
Bish you need to get your eyes tested and look at dates, that Ivanka post was made by her on 20 April 2012 not yesterday.

But once again Trump and America once again showing that they cannot be trusted by any of their allie, as they throw another allies under a bus, probably for some kind of backhander, how does this Make America Great Again.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:46

felter wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:36

But once again Trump and America once again showing that they cannot be trusted by any of their allie, as they throw another allies under a bus, probably for some kind of backhander, how does this Make America Great Again.
It's appalling. This is exactly what Russia wants. I would bet my left arm that Russia will have an increased backing of Assad and Turkey's forces will be crushed. Now we're heading back towards the treason side of things.

Even republican senators are piling on that this is a seriously bad idea. At least they have a line they're not willing cross, too bad its so far out there..
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 16:20

felter wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:36
Bishop149 wrote:
Bish you need to get your eyes tested and look at dates, that Ivanka post was made by her on 20 April 2012 not yesterday.

Shit, that'll teach me to check better eh?
I was the victim of some "spurious reporting", entirely my fault. . . . . I will amend the post.

I suspect it remains a pretty clear (if less dramatic) conflict of interest, this decision lacks any and all honour even if it weren't for the personal enrichment angle.

Edit: Looked into it a bit more and honestly **** knows what Trumps motivations are, its a truly bizarre decision that seems to have come rapidly of the back of another phone call with the relevant foreign leader (Erdogan).
It's also hardly out of the blue, see this article from 2016: https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-fg-tr ... story.html
Putin and Erdogan have clearly been planning how best to play Trump to their advantage ever since he got elected (with some help from one of those two parties)
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 17:12

Bishop149 wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 16:20

Edit: Looked into it a bit more and honestly **** knows what Trumps motivations are, its a truly bizarre decision that seems to have come rapidly of the back of another phone call with the relevant foreign leader (Erdogan).
It's also hardly out of the blue, see this article from 2016: https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-fg-tr ... story.html
Putin and Erdogan have clearly been planning how best to play Trump to their advantage ever since he got elected (with some help from one of those two parties)
With everything Trump has done, there has to be more to this than a rationale of "cost" that he's pitching. He has no one on his side on this other than Erdogan, and likely Putin.
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 17:15

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:46
I would bet my left arm that Russia will have an increased backing of Assad and Turkey's forces will be crushed.
Naaah. Don't forget that Turkey has just bought the S-400, and been suspended from the F-35 programme a result.

Don't get me wrong, Putin will be laughing his socks off and rubbing his hands in glee, but he can achieve far more just by messing things around and letting Trump **** things up than he can from being seen to be too overt eg you wonder what message Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iraq will take from watching the Kurds get thrown under a bus.
I can't breathe.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 18:19

RegisterMe wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 17:15
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 15:46
I would bet my left arm that Russia will have an increased backing of Assad and Turkey's forces will be crushed.
Naaah. Don't forget that Turkey has just bought the S-400, and been suspended from the F-35 programme a result.

Don't get me wrong, Putin will be laughing his socks off and rubbing his hands in glee, but he can achieve far more just by messing things around and letting Trump **** things up than he can from being seen to be too overt eg you wonder what message Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Iraq will take from watching the Kurds get thrown under a bus.
I forgot about that fighter switcheroo. Regardless, you have a very good point. Putin does love him some indirect manipulation. The rest of the middle eastern countries will see it as open season on each other.

In other news, I found this oped interesting. There's some very good points raised by the writer, but I think, though, Trump swallowing a pardon would be tough. The simple reason being because to be pardoned, one has to admit guilt. And it doesn't erase the crimes from his record.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 19:00

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9821388801

"I, in my great and unmatched wisdom"

Just when you think the ego can't get any bigger, there it goes.

*edit

And not to gloss over the fact that he just threatened to annihilate the economy of a NATO ally. come on, republicans, why do you support this deranged lunatic?!?! :gruebel: :gruebel: :gruebel:
rebellionpac.com

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 12:46

- corruption?
- what corruption?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us32ZBdQjjU

- how the Russians created fake support for Trump, and denigrated the Democratic Party..
- how Trump manipulates the language of politics..

- he's gone off his nut, if he thinks that throwing a tantrum will divert investigation into his "personal" financial affairs..
- total transparency is the price one pays when taking up the office of the presidency of the United States of America..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 15:09

I don't get it, why would somebody like Rick Perry throw themselves under the bus? Are they expecting a pardon at the end of it?

EDIT: A brief tldr of the Ukraine thing:-

0. Attempted cover up.
1. What? I didn't do it.
2. I didn't do anything wrong.
3. China please do it too.
4. Rick Perry told me to do it.
Last edited by RegisterMe on Tue, 8. Oct 19, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
I can't breathe.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 15:17

Yikes, even the Mooch is starting to make sense..!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoriw0ibG9c

:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 15:19

RegisterMe wrote:
Tue, 8. Oct 19, 15:09
I don't get it, why would somebody like Rick Perry throw themselves under the bus? Are they expecting a pardon at the end of it?
I don't see how he's doing that. He said he wanted Trump to contact Ukraine to begin talks on energy security, did not once mention anything about Biden. It sounded to me, that Perry was throwing Trump under the bus.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 15:30

Uh oh. Now the TV evangelists are starting to pull away from Trump over the Syria disaster. I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end for Trump.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Syria.html

Come on, preacher Pat! Raise prayer shields again to protect the Kurds!
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 15:47

This guy testifying tomorrow might be interesting.
I can't breathe.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 16:04

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 17:08

I just don't get it, how can Trump and the Whitehouse stop someone from testifying against them, how can that even be legal.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 17:34

It's not legal. If you ignore a subpoena from congress, you can be found in contempt and face jail time and/or fines.

They're playing a stupid game to stall. Congress is still technically in recess, though the committees involved with the inquiry are staying behind to keep the impeachment moving forward. Even this "we're not going to comply until the house votes" its just ridiculous. There's no house rule or constitutional edict that says they have to vote to open an inquiry. The only thing the house must vote on are the articles of impeachment.

Even if they do eventually come forward, they can be charged with obstruction. I say if they're willing to go to jail for "great and unmatched" wise one, let em. They're banking on Trump being around to give them a pardon.
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 8. Oct 19, 18:10

If it's not legal, then why are they not issuing arrest warrants and making charges, by not doing so they are just making it worse for themselves in the long run.

Return to “Off Topic English”