Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

matthewfarmery
x3

Re: Trump

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 16:45

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 21. Jan 21, 16:25
I didnt mean her specifically, but trump in court over mentally abusing his base with lies and misinformation.
matthewfarmery wrote:
Thu, 21. Jan 21, 15:43
Its interesting show she says, "this is our country" but America is multi culture with a lot of people.
This is something that confuses the hell out of me about USers. Most of their states names are in spanish or corruptions of spanish. Spanish speakers have been there all along, since before it was the USA, and so have black people. They have all been there all along, yet these people somehow think that at some point the country just had white people in it.
And lets not forget the poor American Indians who were long before anyone from the EU went there too.

But all in all, its a crazy thing to really say. It's like others of other cultures simply don't exist.

But again, it sadly shows the big issues within the USA. This is another issue, America has to be first, has to be the most powerful. etc. yet, in recent years, especailly under Trump, the USA has broken away from the rest of the world. Ted Cruz has been mocked by a teenager using Ted Cruz's words against him, when Ted Cruz wasn't happy with the US re-entering the Paris climate agreement. And he thinks that America is on another planet. (in this instance, another city was on a different planet.)

So people like the woman in the video, clearly was fed stuff to make her believe Her race, her religion is first. So it would be interesting to see if this does go to court in some way. As Trump has a great deal to answer for. Sure, he might be be the start of the cancer, but he certainly made it far worse. Americans (not all) really need to wake up and realise there are other countries besides America, and unless we all pull our weight, we might not be around for much longer. As things are slowly turning against Us, in more ways then one. So America needs to sit up and take notice. and realise this is a joint effort. Biden I think does know this. But getting that message across top those that don't, that will be the hard part.
=

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 17:49

matthewfarmery wrote:
Thu, 21. Jan 21, 16:45
As Trump has a great deal to answer for. Sure, he might be be the start of the cancer, but he certainly made it far worse. Americans (not all) really need to wake up and realise there are other countries besides America.
Yeh, I think its going to be very hard though, this national pride that crosses the boundary to national arrogance is so deeply instilled in the US psychological 'zeitgeist', if thats a good word to use. Just look at the 'upbeat' and 'nice' 'celebration of america' yesterday. I think it was made very innocently and i quite enjoyed it, but it is this 'look at how absolutely wonderful we are' mentality is a large part of the problem. Tom Hanks said something about how the peaceful transfer of power is looked at with jealously around the world (cant remember the exact wording but it had that gist) - there are plenty of countries that dont have democracy yes, but there are a LOT that do - I live in Uruguay and its really quite nice here... (which is quite the accomplishment, considering what the US did to the countries down here).
They are proud of what they have accomplished, that is great, but they take this pride to the next level and turn it into malignant arrogance. They need an injection of humility. They also need to stop using religious rhetoric in every damn official speech 'god this god that', separation of church and state is very important in regards to fostering a healthy society imo, religion itself (all of them) naturally seperates and compartmentalises society.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 19:21

Revenues Tank At Trump Properties

https://www.newsandguts.com/revenues-ta ... roperties/

So while covid is to ben blamed for the falling profits, (2020) (but then again, Trump has been losing money even before Covid) however, in light of a second impeachment, and Jan 6th, I don't see Trump will be able to make any kind of profit in the near future.

So al his plans on wanting to do a new political party, a new TV network, I think will be up in smoke. Of course, he could still get money from his gullible supporters, but I doubt it will be enough to keep him going.

Bankruptcy anyone?
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 22:27

Axeface wrote:
Thu, 21. Jan 21, 16:25
I didnt mean her specifically, but trump in court over mentally abusing his base with lies and misinformation.
matthewfarmery wrote:
Thu, 21. Jan 21, 15:43
Its interesting show she says, "this is our country" but America is multi culture with a lot of people.
This is something that confuses the hell out of me about USers. Most of their states names are in spanish or corruptions of spanish. Spanish speakers have been there all along, since before it was the USA, and so have black people. They have all been there all along, yet these people somehow think that at some point the country just had white people in it.
Not quite accurate. Hispanics, Asians, Blacks and Whites were not native to North and South America. In a nutshell, South America was conquered by the Spanish in the 1500's and parts of North America were later conquered by the British, French, Spanish, and later, the US, along with some territorial purchases. There was a lot of territory that changed hands several times, especially in South America, over the years. The indigenous peoples, like the Aztecs, Mayans, Cherokee, and so forth, were all but wiped out through war and disease.

As far as the names of US States, yeah... it's weird. But this is also the country that wants you to think Taco Bell is "Mexican food".

On the same token, these are the same people that would have you believe that Jesus was white.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 04:38

I bet there are going to be a few more stories like this one popping up now that he has been booted out of office. I would so much like to hear that phone call, I do hope whoever it was recorded it and releases it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 13:00

Bank closes Donald Trump's accounts

https://bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc ... 98259.html

So a few more banks have closed Trump's accounts. I think Trump is going to find it hard and harder to have any bank side with him. (Or loan him money) So I think Trump's goal of a come back is again, not looking likely. (not unless he uses an another name. But this is just getting more and more funny. (and serves him right)
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 22. Jan 21, 21:31

So it looks like the Democrats are going to go for the impeachment trial sooner than was expected, as in next week. With the ways things are going right now, it is probably the smart thing to do. While it is not so good for either Trump or the Republicans as every company that has dealings with Trump are jumping ship and want nothing to do with either Trump, the Trump organization or anyone associated with Trump or the Trump organisation. So the Republicans are going to have to make a choice, do they stick with Trump to appease his fan base and loose out on potential monetary support from companies that are wanting nothing to do with Trump and are currently cutting all ties towards him, or do they go for the much needed cash and put Trump out of his misery by impeaching him. Should be an interesting result, this time round I think it will be impeachment.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 12:36

Trump's second failed coup: Trump reportedly tried to oust acting attorney general with DOJ aide

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/23/trumps ... -doj-aide/

If this turns out to be fully confirmed, and it has come from 4 former Trump WH officials. This time,
"The Justice Department's top leaders listened in stunned silence this month: One of their peers, they were told, had devised a plan with President Donald J. Trump to oust Jeffrey A. Rosen as acting attorney general and wield the department's power to force Georgia state lawmakers to overturn its presidential election results," The New York Times reported Friday evening.
This is very serious stuff. the GOP can no longer turn a blind eye to Trump's doings, and the report says there might be more damaging reports to come.

I don't know if this will be added to the senate trial? But if there is more coming, then Trump will be in very serious trouble indeed.
=

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 12:53

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 12:36
the GOP can no longer turn a blind eye to Trump's doings
They seem to have been doing just fine on that front for the last four years :(.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 23. Jan 21, 13:30

RegisterMe wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 12:53
matthewfarmery wrote:
Sat, 23. Jan 21, 12:36
the GOP can no longer turn a blind eye to Trump's doings
They seem to have been doing just fine on that front for the last four years :(.
True, But now things are a lot more serious. And deadly. (5 deaths) And a second coup attempt and maybe more) Sure the GOP has turned a blind eye to Trump, And while that was wrong, but now, the GOP future is also maybe in the balance. There also Trump's tax returns, and probes. plus lawsuits. If the GOP still stand by this man, then they are totally corrupt. and lets not forget that many business and banks are turning their back on Trump. From a business stand point, he is pretty much almost finished.

The house dems don't have access to Trump's full tax returns yet, the Biden administration are still haven't decided to turn them over. But to me, the house needs to see Trump's tax returns. So even if Trump somehow survives the senate trial. (I say that is highly unlikely.) it will only be the start of his worries.

The problem is, how many GOP will stand with the dems? a few will fear retaliation from Trump, But if Mitch might stand with the dems, then hopefully more will too. Then other agencies can then throw the book at Trump.

But yes, the GOP turning a blind eye on Trump is a very bad thing. And I really hope something will happen there. But I also think the GOP might have internal problems of its own, been talks of the party splitting. So the GOP does have a lt to answer for.
=

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 25. Jan 21, 05:20

It'll all soon be swept under the rug and forgotten. Much like school shootings. Speaking of which, we haven't had any school shootings since schools closed. That's a plus.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 25. Jan 21, 08:59

Observe wrote:
Mon, 25. Jan 21, 05:20
It'll all soon be swept under the rug and forgotten. Much like school shootings. Speaking of which, we haven't had any school shootings since schools closed. That's a plus.
Luckily for the students, some of them went to shoot black protesters at rallies.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 03:46

It's a couple of weeks late but it's still worth a watch.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 19:34

So some good news for justice. Trump's pardons, of folks like Bannon and Manafort, may have been narrow in scope and prosecutors are looking into additional charges that are not covered by the pardons to send those folks right back to jail.

Here's hoping that criminals get what they deserve.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 26. Jan 21, 20:22

It would be funny if they ended up getting a longer prison sentence, meaning they spend more time locked up than they would have been if they never got the pardon. :D

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 16:00

Trump's entire defense team quit ahead of the senate trial over differences in strategy. He currently has no one representing him. Trump wants to argue that the election was stolen from him, his lawyers wanted to argue the legality of convicting him after he was out of office.

The clown show continues.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 16:19

I would say that some of his lawyers were pretty much questionable to start with. And I don't think the election was stolen defence would have worked anyway.

Also, a FBI probe of US Capitol riot finds evidence detailing coordination of an assault

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/fbi-pro ... t-1.660412

I think it would be very hard to defend against such evidence.

So all in all, It's certainly not looking good for Trump, especially when his defence team quits.
=

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 16:49

If somebody had written this whole chain of events as the main plot of a dramatic fiction series, or even for a soap, the scriptwriters would have been criticised for being unrealistic and unbelievable.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 18:05

This is only scratching the surface of how truly nutty republicans have become. The latest has a good bit of them now believing Trump is going to somehow be sworn in as president again on March 4th by claiming everything the US has done since 1870 is unconstitutional. :gruebel:

I ask, yet again, how do you rationalize with the irrational?
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 19:52

Another news article is now saying

Donald Trump Reportedly Wants To Represent Himself In Impeachment Trial, Won’t Hire Lawyers

https://www.inquisitr.com/6467471/donal ... ent-trial/

Because they left you Trump. I think it's going to be funny to try defend himself. He will very likely go down the election is stolen route. I won by a landslide etc. And probably say the people that invaded the capital building were patriots. Before digging himself a huge hole he can't climb out of.

In other words, an open and shut case. :lol:

Guilty as charged.
=

Return to “Off Topic English”