Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Aken_Bosch » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 11:18

felter wrote:
Wed, 3. Jun 20, 20:43
You just can't make this stuff up, can't wait for the movie.
"Space Force" on Netflix, it's an alarmingly close approximation in some places.
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Thu, 4. Jun 20, 09:36
We had an important politician here who "didn't know" a businessman accused of corruption paid for his house. And his house was not exactly a random peripherical Rome apartment, but an attic in front of the Colosseum.
"He paid my loan without my knowledge", he said.
Oh my that was an hilarious one, in all the wrong ways. Claudio Scajola for president. :D

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 11:38

Aken_Bosch wrote:
Thu, 4. Jun 20, 11:18
felter wrote:
Wed, 3. Jun 20, 20:43
You just can't make this stuff up, can't wait for the movie.
"Space Force" on Netflix, it's an alarmingly close approximation in some places.
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Thu, 4. Jun 20, 09:36
We had an important politician here who "didn't know" a businessman accused of corruption paid for his house. And his house was not exactly a random peripherical Rome apartment, but an attic in front of the Colosseum.
"He paid my loan without my knowledge", he said.
Oh my that was an hilarious one, in all the wrong ways. Claudio Scajola for president. :D
I wonder why nobody ever paid my loans without telling me or asking for something in exchange...

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 18:04

Even Bush #2 released a statement calling for compassion, empathy, and equality. But all Trump can muster is racist quotes, threats, and more brutality.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 23:19

You know, this might sound strange, but I'm beginning to feel that out of all of the current pain, indignity, suffering, ugliness and outrage some good might actually come of this.

The common sense and decency on the one side is getting through to some of the people who "held their noses and voted Trump". And that will swing it. Whether "it" is the Presidency, or whether the Dems manage to capture the Senate too, I hope, but I don't know. Either way the remaining GoP will have to, eventually, realise that they either get with the programme.

Or they get consigned to the dustbin of history.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 00:02

RegisterMe wrote:
Thu, 4. Jun 20, 23:19
You know, this might sound strange, but I'm beginning to feel that out of all of the current pain, indignity, suffering, ugliness and outrage some good might actually come of this.

The common sense and decency on the one side is getting through to some of the people who "held their noses and voted Trump". And that will swing it. Whether "it" is the Presidency, or whether the Dems manage to capture the Senate too, I hope, but I don't know. Either way the remaining GoP will have to, eventually, realise that they either get with the programme.

Some conservatives are predicting that the GOP will have a sudden and mysterious bout of amnesia when Trump looses.

The country is more fired up today than it has been in decades. There is no doubt in my mind that we are going to see a massive voter turnout this November. Even primaries are showing larger than usual turnouts in some areas. I do believe people know that we need a unifying voice in the white house and that voice will never be Trumps.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 00:17

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 5. Jun 20, 00:02
Some conservatives are predicting that the GOP will have a sudden and mysterious bout of amnesia when Trump looses.
I read an interesting comment on reddit the other day (yesterday?) by some Professor of politics, or political history, or somesuch, along the lines of "nobody remembers Joe McCarthy's supporters".
I can't breathe.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 00:24

RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 5. Jun 20, 00:17
Vertigo 7 wrote:
I read an interesting comment on reddit the other day (yesterday?) by some Professor of politics, or political history, or somesuch, along the lines of "nobody remembers Joe McCarthy's supporters".
heh. Well, we have the media recordings that was present at every single one of his hate rallies. We have the interview recordings with plenty of his major donors. We have captures of twitter posts and comments. We would be well within our rights to never let them forget who and what they were applauding as this country ripped itself apart.
rebellionpac.com

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 01:54

By contrast to Nixon and Trump, Reagan was a truly decent man. Reagan was well liked by both liberals and conservatives and his presidency ended with the highest approval ratings of any modern presidency.
I'm not sure I would consider Ronald Reagan a decent man, but at least he had the good sense to keep his racist views private (referring to African delegates as monkeys who looked uncomfortable wearing shoes).

Link

Discussion of the recording.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 03:02

RegisterMe wrote:
Thu, 4. Jun 20, 23:19

We just watched a week of looting, burning, and violence. Some types of people are going to respond to that with submission to the groups that are driving that violence. Some are not. We can only wait and see. If the economy gets rolling back to where it was before the bat flu nothing is certain.
Who made that man a gunner?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 03:06

notaterran wrote:
Fri, 5. Jun 20, 01:54
By contrast to Nixon and Trump, Reagan was a truly decent man. Reagan was well liked by both liberals and conservatives and his presidency ended with the highest approval ratings of any modern presidency.
I'm not sure I would consider Ronald Reagan a decent man, but at least he had the good sense to keep his racist views private (referring to African delegates as monkeys who looked uncomfortable wearing shoes).

Link

Discussion of the recording.
Well, that's shocking. Reagan was one of the few republicans I wouldn't have expected a statement like that from. Very disappointing to discover.
rebellionpac.com

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 10:54

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Nobody admitted to have been voting Berlusconi after he fell down. Nobody. And he had like 30% of votes in certain times.

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 11:10

Lol.

"Berlusconi was the worst that could happen to this country."

Salvini: "Hold my rosary."

Don't think for a moment Trump might be the worse that could happen. That particular well really has no bottom.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 11:24

Masterbagger wrote:
Fri, 5. Jun 20, 03:02
We just watched a week of looting, burning, and violence. Some types of people are going to respond to that with submission to the groups that are driving that violence. Some are not. We can only wait and see. If the economy gets rolling back to where it was before the bat flu nothing is certain.
I guess by ".. to the groups that are driving that violence" you mean the police?
I can't breathe.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Fri, 5. Jun 20, 12:11

RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 5. Jun 20, 11:24
Masterbagger wrote:
I guess by ".. to the groups that are driving that violence" you mean the police?
Perhaps he was talking about republicans.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 04:49

RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 5. Jun 20, 11:24
Masterbagger wrote:
You know I'm not. Both antifa and BLM endorse violence. BLM is only narrower in scope. I agree with them that the murder of George Floyd was an injustice but I don't excuse their past actions.
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Fri, 5. Jun 20, 12:11
Perhaps he was talking about republicans.
The GOP is the only political party in America that believed all men were free and made it happen at gunpoint. I mean that very literally.
Who made that man a gunner?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 10:49

A headline: antifa was found out to be a spambot created by the rightists. Let me guess, "fake news created by the leftists"?

Frankly, it is very difficult to see difference between "left" and "right" when both call the other lier.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 13:20

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 6. Jun 20, 10:49
Frankly, it is very difficult to see difference between "left" and "right" when both call the other lier.
Sure you have a point, but lets not get fooled by false equivalence, one side has gone waaaay overboard with actual lies, conspiracies and alternative facts. Its the same thing wrt to climate change arguments used by moronic politicians that claim 3 scientists that happen to validate their opinion are enough to invalidate the other 1047. Yes both "sides" do similar things, but one actually does the things they are accused of and its not "the left". :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 13:33

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 6. Jun 20, 10:49
A headline: antifa was found out to be a spambot created by the rightists. Let me guess, "fake news created by the leftists"?

Maybe in terms of simple finger pointing, it's fair to say they are no different. If that were the only negative trait that could be applied, oh what a different world it would be.

Here's a brief rundown of US history to give you some idea of the difference between the left and the right and the amazing shift that some uneducated individuals like to pretend didn't happen; presumably so they can promote their own flavor of racism.

While it is certainly true that in the 1800's liberal republicans opposed slavery and policies of conservative democrats, those philosophical views began to shift in the early 1900's along with most southern conservatives that left the democrats to join the republicans as the Conservative Coalition to form opposition to New Deal era under FDR when blacks largely joined the democratic party. It was also during this time that Hitler was rising to power and began his march across Europe. Democrats wanted to intervene, but republicans wanted to bury their heads in the sand and stay isolated from the rest of the world. If Japan hadn't attacked pearl harbor, it's very likely the US wouldn't have entered into WW2 and who knows how that would have ended.

During the civil rights movement of the 1960's, the conservative coalition fought against the legacy of the New Deal era and vehemently opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. These republicans and few remaining conservative democrats received political and financial support from the KKK and other white supremacists. Ultimately, they failed, of course.

Post civil rights, liberalism had all but vanished from the republican party by 1976 and conservatives were no where to be found among democrats, paving the way for where things stand today.

That's why you don't see democrats waving Confederate and Nazi flags, but you do see that from some republicans. That's also why you don't see democrats trying to demonize civil rights protesters by only citing or referencing a few isolated, albeit bad, incidents and ignoring the millions that are demanding justice and equality, but you do see that kind of racist sentiment from some republicans.

See, it's not just enough to say 'you're a liar!' 'NoU!'. History will speak the truth. No amount of whitewashing will make it go away. Maybe what we're witnessing today is history in the making. Maybe this time we will get things right. I can only hope.

I'm seeing people around the world march in solidarity with those in the US. That is the message of strength we need. We are all in this together.

I left out a lot because I'm really not interested in writing an essay. All of this information and more is available freely and I encourage everyone to research this yourself and not just take my word for it.
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 13:38

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 6. Jun 20, 04:49
Both antifa and BLM endorse violence. BLM is only narrower in scope.
Please can you provide some supporting evidence for that statement?

Antifa is difficult because it doesn't really exist as a unifying organisation. So whilst I'd agree with you that "they" believe the use of violence is (sometimes?) justifiable to reach whatever their goals are there's a big difference between a defined organisation and simply labelling anybody who has different political views to you under one catch all bogeyman umbrella.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifa_(United_States)

As for BLM I can find no evidence at all that it endorses violence.

Oh, and fwiw, I should be clear that I don't support Antifa's methods or anti-capitalist goals, but I have a lot of sympathy with their anti-fascist agenda.
I can't breathe.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 14:15

First thing first there is no group called Antifa there are groups of people who call themselves Antifa but as a whole there is no group called Antifa organising and or creating violence, looting or likewise and there never has been. Trump may want to make Antifa a criminal terrorist organisation, but seeing as there is no such group apart for in the minds of far right racists that is not possible.

So far William Barr has also accused the violence on Antifa groups he said:
"violence instigated and carried out by Antifa and other similar groups,"
Here's the thing, there has been thousands of arrests for the violence and looting and I do mean thousands, but yet the US Justice department is unable to show any evidence of any participation or membership of any Antifa groups, let alone anyone being a member of the fictitious group called Antifa. that's not 1 person attributed to being affiliated with anything to do with Antifa in any form or shape.

So once again this Antifa BS is just the made up mess from the mind of a far right racists called Trump.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Return to “Off Topic English”