Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tycow
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Tycow » Thu, 5. Dec 19, 19:25

Thanks for the explanation. Was trying to work out where it fitted into things but that makes it much clearer. 👍

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 01:03

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... -pew-poll/

Pew research shows 43% of republicans want the president to operate without worrying about the courts or congress... almost half of republicans want us to be in a dictatorship... in a 2 party system, nearly half of one of those parties wants our democracy upended. I don't understand. wtf is wrong with these people?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 03:01

Looks like Trumps rhetoric on the Bidens and Ukraine have work, at least for this guy. If one person believes it, there are bound to be plenty of others who also believe it. A pretty crappy sound recording but that can't be helped. He did say he heard the acuusation on MSNBC, which I very much doubt, I reckon he watches/listens to FOX News.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 03:39

Tycow wrote:
Thu, 5. Dec 19, 16:08
Trump impeachment to go ahead - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi - BBC News

Can someone explain the significance of this?

Why would they come right out with it, essentially going around the Judicial hearings...? Do you think they've had new information, or some Republican senators have indicated they would support impeachment?

Curious.
Pelosi can't not allow the impeachment to go forward without looking weak at this point. The act of impeaching Trump is more important than the substance or the process that gets there. It is being railroaded full speed ahead because the dems have nothing to lose. It's 2020. They know they can't win unless they do something drastic to prevent democracy from happening again. Every bit of tradition and processes used in the past are getting thrown aside. Trump has broken them that badly.
Who made that man a gunner?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 04:20

Masterbagger wrote:
Fri, 6. Dec 19, 03:39
Tycow wrote:
Thu, 5. Dec 19, 16:08
Trump impeachment to go ahead - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi - BBC News

Can someone explain the significance of this?

Why would they come right out with it, essentially going around the Judicial hearings...? Do you think they've had new information, or some Republican senators have indicated they would support impeachment?

Curious.
Pelosi has no choice. The act of impeaching Trump is more important than allowing him to remain to cause further harm. It is being railroaded full speed ahead because the country has everything to lose if they don't. Trump has broken his oath of office that badly.
fixed for you.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 04:41

Ya know, it's pretty sad that the best defense a Trumpanzie can muster is "Dems this, dems that" meanwhile, republicans and Trump cronies are being arrested left and right. It's mind blowing how utterly disconnected from reality these imbeciles are.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 15:47

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspoli ... ar-BBXPX8b

It's sounding like the republican senators are going to be far more reserved than the house democrats when the impeachment is moved to the senate. It doesn't seem that the senate are going to concede to the demands of the house republicans.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. Dec 19, 18:51

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/the-re ... ngressman/

As if we didn't need any more evidence at how depraved Trump and his followers have become, they're now engaging in voter suppression to keep any republican challenger from being on the primary ballot.
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 00:59

https://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/ ... on_reddit/

(Yeah, it's UK based, but really it's Russian based)
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 01:47

RegisterMe wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 00:59
https://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/ ... on_reddit/

(Yeah, it's UK based, but really it's Russian based)
It's pretty evident Russia is trying it's damnedest to isolate the US from the rest of the world, and dumbass Trump has played right into their hands with his "America First" policies and swallowing conspiracy theories.

Between Trump being a laughing stock among enemies and allies alike and his utter failure at leadership, he has single handedly made the US an easy target for Russia. What a damn disgrace he is.
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 04:02

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 01:47
Between Trump being a laughing stock among enemies and allies alike and his utter failure at leadership, he has single handedly made the US an easy target for Russia. What a damn disgrace he is.
The last time Russia found this easy an American mark he was called Roosevelt. For all his brilliance, and for all the UK (and the rest of the world) owes him eternal gratitude, Stalin had him down. Churchill, for all his failings, called it right. Don't get me wrong, Stalin, for good reason, had his own agenda, and his own concerns. He played his hand ruthlessly and brilliantly, and "the West" suffered the consequences for sixty plus years. That's history though.

NOW, here, this when. What "this" has shown the rest of the world is that anybody, "even foreigners", can buy (influence in) the US. Cheap too. Cheap in as cheap as a "I get to **** you if I take you to KFC right"?

That cheap.

Gibbon would be laughing his socks off :(.
I can't breathe.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 04:07

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 01:47
It's pretty evident Russia is trying it's damnedest to isolate the US from the rest of the world, and dumbass Trump has played right into their hands with his "America First" policies and swallowing conspiracy theories.

Naah, it's bigger, and lazier than that :(. But I'm tired and need to crash, I'll come back to this tomorrow.
I can't breathe.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 05:12

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 6. Dec 19, 04:41
Ya know, it's pretty sad that the best defense a Trumpanzie can muster is "Dems this, dems that" meanwhile, republicans and Trump cronies are being arrested left and right. It's mind blowing how utterly disconnected from reality these imbeciles are.
No guy. It's you. You have a personal beef with President Trump and with me. You can't talk about Trump or interact with me in any form without your personal rancor taking over. I don't have that problem with you. Your intolerance towards me and your constant use of insults is never going to hurt me because this isn't personal for me. For the people who aren't committed to a party or a certain viewpoint you are showing a nastiness of character that is repellent. I am an outlier when it is time to vote. I vote for beliefs in individual liberties that democrats have chosen to no longer respect. Take that away and I'm just a middle class working stiff. I want to go do work and get taxed less. You have no idea what matters to me because your side never accepted the results of 2016. There was no attempt to reengage with voters to find out why President Trump happened and to reshape the party platform to appeal to them. Instead it was maximum effort to cast the blame on Russia and keep promising more free stuff from government that no one has an idea how to pay for.

Look at yourself. I did not act like you when Obama was elected. I know why Romney lost. I know why Mccain lost. Nothing was going to stop that storm of empty promises of hope and change after Bush. Your side has gone berserk since those days. You went so far left I can't understand how you work anymore. It still never got personal. You made it personal this time when it has never been before. You did it. Not me. I don't consider what you support a license to be a dick to you.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 06:33

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 05:12
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 6. Dec 19, 04:41
No guy. It's you. You have a personal beef with President Trump and with me. You can't talk about Trump or interact with me in any form without your personal rancor taking over. I don't have that problem with you. Your intolerance towards me and your constant use of insults is never going to hurt me because this isn't personal for me. For the people who aren't committed to a party or a certain viewpoint you are showing a nastiness of character that is repellent. I am an outlier when it is time to vote. I vote for beliefs in individual liberties that democrats have chosen to no longer respect. Take that away and I'm just a middle class working stiff. I want to go do work and get taxed less. You have no idea what matters to me because your side never accepted the results of 2016. There was no attempt to reengage with voters to find out why President Trump happened and to reshape the party platform to appeal to them. Instead it was maximum effort to cast the blame on Russia and keep promising more free stuff from government that no one has an idea how to pay for.

Look at yourself. I did not act like you when Obama was elected. I know why Romney lost. I know why Mccain lost. Nothing was going to stop that storm of empty promises of hope and change after Bush. Your side has gone berserk since those days. You went so far left I can't understand how you work anymore. It still never got personal. You made it personal this time when it has never been before. You did it. Not me. I don't consider what you support a license to be a dick to you.
Pitiful. Cry me a freaking river.

You have made it abundantly clear what matters to you is you.

Seriously, what part of "I will never respect anyone who supports the things you do" don't you get? You know why democrats and republicans were able to converse before Trump? Because at the very least, both Bush and Reagan were decent people and your kind at least pretended to care about human rights and decency, with a few exceptions. Now, your party has embraced fascism, sworn fealty to a con man, and abandoned all pretense of obeying the constitution and the rule of law. And the rest of us are just supposed to be okay with that? Get real. For the umpteenth time, you dug your pit. I'm not going to help you get out of it or jump in it with you.

As far as this little gem:
I don't consider what you support a license to be a dick to you.
I'm not the one supporting racism and bigotry and flaunting the rule of law and cheering the dismemberment of the government. Go ahead, be a dick to me about opposing such things. I god damn dare you.
rebellionpac.com

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 09:00

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 06:33

Pitiful. Cry me a freaking river.

You have made it abundantly clear what matters to you is you.

Seriously, what part of "I will never respect anyone who supports the things you do" don't you get? You know why democrats and republicans were able to converse before Trump? Because at the very least, both Bush and Reagan were decent people and your kind at least pretended to care about human rights and decency, with a few exceptions. Now, your party has embraced fascism, sworn fealty to a con man, and abandoned all pretense of obeying the constitution and the rule of law. And the rest of us are just supposed to be okay with that? Get real. For the umpteenth time, you dug your pit. I'm not going to help you get out of it or jump in it with you.

As far as this little gem:
I don't consider what you support a license to be a dick to you.
I'm not the one supporting racism and bigotry and flaunting the rule of law and cheering the dismemberment of the government. Go ahead, be a dick to me about opposing such things. I god damn dare you.
Your beef with Trump makes you intolerant of anyone who doesn't share it. You hurl bigotry at me as a slur while you practice it towards me. I don't want that corrosive hatred in my life. You let your politics become a commandment to crusade against me. I don't want to reciprocate that. If you want to hold yourself to be better than me then leave the hate behind.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 10:27

And once again, this needs to stop being a personal matter. Action will be taken against those who continue to make it one.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 12:38

I'm going to make this clear so that there is absolutely no misunderstanding.
I will not, under any circumstances, tolerate any of the following: (in no certain order)
  • racism
  • sexism
  • homophobia
  • sexual assault
  • misogyny
  • lying
  • stealing
  • fraud
  • hypocrisy
  • threats of violence
  • acts of violence
If anyone engages in any of the above, supports people who do engage in any of the above, or will overlook any of the above for personal benefit, you will not have my respect, understanding, compassion, or forgiveness. I will not engage with you further. I will not humor you. You have nothing from me but the utmost contempt and disdain and I owe you nothing. No amount of whining or pleading will change that. Pharisaic displays are far from convincing as well. Until you cease these acts and/or condemn those that engage in these acts, you and I have nothing to speak to each other about. I don't care who you are or who you voted for.

To be clear, this is not about politics. This is about moral fortitude, or rather a lack there of.

Edit:

No, this is not directed at CBJ. I was asked. :P
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 13:25

In other news:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/lindsey- ... 0f32b222ee

This caught my eye. Graham's comments about Trump have not aged well.

https://twitter.com/LGsConscience?ref_s ... 0f32b222ee

There's some great stuff on this twitter account.
rebellionpac.com

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 14:37

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 12:38
I'm going to make this clear so that there is absolutely no misunderstanding...
And to make it absolutely clear, your moral position notwithstanding, you will comply with the forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up to this forum, or you will be removed from it.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 7. Dec 19, 15:04

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 14:37
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 7. Dec 19, 12:38
I'm going to make this clear so that there is absolutely no misunderstanding...
And to make it absolutely clear, your moral position notwithstanding, you will comply with the forum rules that you agreed to when you signed up to this forum, or you will be removed from it.
Yeah, you're right. I should have flagged certain posts months ago instead of engaging in this ridiculous diatribe. Won't happen again.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”