Music. (the continuation)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 01:12

dirk gently's holistic detective agency soundtrack HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_9_CJqVewo

The Rowdy 3 Theme - EXTENDED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2PxLyeHVE

:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 10:24

The other week there was a short exchange about cover versions. This one is worth a look, just for what the drummer's wearing. :)

Grand Funk Railroad - The Locomotion
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 14:13

Terre wrote:The other week there was a short exchange about cover versions. This one is worth a look, just for what the drummer's wearing. :)

How in the heck did that drummer not sweat to death wearing that? That's the sort of thing that looks like a good idea only once...

"And, for you, we'd like you to wear this Chewbacca costume. We think the fans will love it! It'll really accentuate all your moves!"

Headline: Drummer dies during performance, nobody notices. (Which, is kinda my opinion of the drums for "Locomotion." :) )

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 16:52

Morkonan wrote:
Terre wrote:The other week there was a short exchange about cover versions. This one is worth a look, just for what the drummer's wearing. :)

How in the heck did that drummer not sweat to death wearing that? That's the sort of thing that looks like a good idea only once...
Common sense and Grand Funk rarely met.
"And, for you, we'd like you to wear this Chewbacca costume. We think the fans will love it! It'll really accentuate all your moves!"
Star Wars wouldn't hit the screens for another three years, I don't know how to describe the costume.
Headline: Drummer dies during performance, nobody notices. (Which, is kinda my opinion of the drums for "Locomotion." :) )
By waving his arms about, maybe he kept the rest of the band cool, but I do like the main guitar riff. :)

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 17:22

Leon Russell - The Ballad OF Hollis Brown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOgsle03U9o

= PLAY LOUD!! 8) 8)
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 7. Dec 17, 21:52

The Steve Miller Band - Industrial Military Complex Hex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIUsSJcBhEw

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 15:53

Jefferson Airplane - Trial By Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFNg3oJiHA

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 19:44

BugMeister wrote:Leon Russell - The Ballad OF Hollis Brown
= PLAY LOUD!! 8) 8)
The drummer Chuck Blackwell died on the 23rd. October 2017.

Completely unrelated.
Bracey Everett - Lover's curse

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 9. Dec 17, 16:31

Leon Russell - A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvXj_WjTU5Y

- a truly great spirit..
- the whole world needs to turn towards the spiritual..8)

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 18:52

Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 19:50

The Cadillacs - Speedo

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 11. Dec 17, 21:00

Just got this one on my Youtube recommended list:

B.B. King - Blues Boys Tune

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 00:17

Johnny Marr and Maxine Peake - The Priest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOX0-JRANCc

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 03:41

Tracker001 wrote:Damn It's Monday Already Off to work .
Because Hoffs is easy on the eyes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsmVgoXDq2w

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Tue, 12. Dec 17, 19:57

Little Willie John - I'm Shakin'
Dee Dee Sharp - Gravy
Timi Yuro - I Ain't Gonna Cry No More
Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales :)

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 03:33

OH boy is this good. So I was listening to the original song by Iron Butterfly form 1968. Watching the video and thinking how far television recordings have come since then, when I noticed a cover version by Sina. I've posted her stuff before, a young lass who plays drums, she really impresses me quite a bit. So I had to watch and as soon as I started watching it I knew I just had to post it here for the rest of you to enjoy. Note, it's also a long song at 17 minutes but it is good. So if you have a spare 17 minutes sit back turn up the volume, watch and enjoy, I had a smile on my face at the end.

Sina - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida Love the name.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 20:01

felter wrote:...
Sina - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida Love the name.
This type of collaboration between people is what the internetz is for... People from far-flung locations, backgrounds, and cultures can come together, easily, and create something new.

So, what did I see and hear? I didn't really see or hear the music. I experienced some people coming together with enthusiasm and love for their craft to create something new and to share that with others.

Sure, it's not unusual these days, but we tend to take this ability for granted. Even now, most of us don't think that we're coming together on a forum to "create something new" with a group of like-minded individuals joined together by their common interest in a video game...

This thread on "music", the other threads, the entire content of this set of forums with all its different languages, all the new ideas, tutorials, walkthroughs, discussions, arguments, dumb crap posts and truly illuminating discussions involving people from all over the world... Something like this which is like any newly created thing with meaning, greater than the sum of its parts, wouldn't be possible without teh interwebz.

So, thanks, Interwebz. :)

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 16:37

@ felter: Thanks for that link.
I was a child when Iron Butterfly published In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida but the album was still in the record shops when I started listening to my 'own' music (stepping away from what radios played or what my parents had in their Vinyl-Collection). So there was that album on the shelf, strange pictures on it, my elder friends talked secretly about trips and being stoned - and I had no idea what the hell they talked about. But the sound - it was magic. A new world. Uncomparable.
I never owned this album though. I invested my pocket-money into Pink Floyds "Ummagumma".
I think that only VERY few people on this world can say that Ummagumma was their first own-bought record :)

Invitation to an eerie voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSPKZ31idlg Give it a try for 50 seconds minimum
Since Heather Nova's first album no other female voice has knocked me out like this Swiss Singer and her Band Marylane.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 02:26

zazie wrote:@ felter: Thanks for that link.
I was a child when Iron Butterfly published In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida but the album was still in the record shops when I started listening to my 'own' music (stepping away from what radios played or what my parents had in their Vinyl-Collection). So there was that album on the shelf, strange pictures on it, my elder friends talked secretly about trips and being stoned - and I had no idea what the hell they talked about. But the sound - it was magic. A new world. Uncomparable.
I never owned this album though. I invested my pocket-money into Pink Floyds "Ummagumma".
I think that only VERY few people on this world can say that Ummagumma was their first own-bought record :)

Invitation to an eerie voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSPKZ31idlg Give it a try for 50 seconds minimum
Since Heather Nova's first album no other female voice has knocked me out like this Swiss Singer and her Band Marylane.
My first album that I ever bought, while I cant remember the name of it I can tell you it was an Elvis Presley Album. But the first music item I bought was actually a 7" single, it was this and it was a pink vinyl. :D

I would only be about 7 or 8 at the time, and I should still have the record somewhere.

Return to “Off Topic English”