Borderlands 2

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sun, 23. Sep 12, 02:52

I started the game online (public open) and had a full party for a good 5 hours and just about got to the place where the Crimson Raiders are before a couple of the guys I was playing with had to leave. I've since been playing solo.
Nice guys which is pleasant for random matchmaking. Added 2 to my Steam friend's list.

Currently playing as a Siren. I love the special ability, phaseshift them, run up with a shotgun and blast their face off. Really enjoying them game so far, even more than I enjoyed BL1.
I like the new "Badass Rank" system, gives more development which is always nice.

Seems class mods are a bit rarer than in the last game, only found one for my Siren.

Looking forward to the necromancer/mechmancer class/whatever it's called, I believe it should be out within a month
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Sun, 23. Sep 12, 18:26

That Siren ability sounds nigh on identical to the Assassins. You go into stealth and you drop a hologram of yourself which starts to attack the enemy(s). A timer starts till the hologram expires and you become visible once more. This will cancel immediately should you attack and the longer you leave it the more damage you do apparently. The game quotes 650% for melee and 200% ranged.

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 00:02

InFlamesForEver wrote:Anyone want to give me some money for it? (it was worth a shot ;) )
I know that feeling :lol: All my friends on Steam all have bought Torchlight 2 and I have just about finished a self funded MSc so I am pennyless.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 02:14

Memnoch wrote:That Siren ability sounds nigh on identical to the Assassins. You go into stealth and you drop a hologram of yourself which starts to attack the enemy(s). A timer starts till the hologram expires and you become visible once more. This will cancel immediately should you attack and the longer you leave it the more damage you do apparently. The game quotes 650% for melee and 200% ranged.
Not at all. The Siren's phaseshift raises a target from the ground and completely immobilises him. If the target can't be lifted it instead takes damage.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 11:45

KloHunt3r wrote:I have to say... I honestly don't understand why everyone got their panties in a bunch over the first Borderlands.
When I played through it I found it pretty "meh." It certainly wasn't a bad game, but I didn't find it all that great.
As shooters go, BL1 didn't offer anything breathtakingly new - besides the Diablo-esque item collecting. It was just extremely well executed.

BL2 is a true sequel, doing absolutely nothing new. The badass points you earn allow you to buff some abilities (like overall recoil) by a few % but it's not game changing.
Small improvements to driving (more vehicles, slightly better controls) and general UI, much worse inventory UI. Break even IMO.

If you found BL1 meh, BL2 will be just as meh.
I like the first one and this one is just as likable. =)

Inventory capacity was much too low for my taste so well, I haxxored it. But I'm a pack rat so not everyone may feel that way.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 14:05

Took a look at it by a friend, and the inventory UI made me: 'Damn, we got 2012, even Monkey Island had a better Inventory!"
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 15:29

The inventory is poor, agreed, though not as bad as the Skyrim one. The rest of the game is a hoot :-).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 18:44

StarSword wrote:(Wave if you guessed what I was referring to.)
Seriously? Nobody else here has read DM of the Rings?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Mon, 24. Sep 12, 21:06

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:
Memnoch wrote:That Siren ability sounds nigh on identical to the Assassins.
Not at all.
Ah. I think I had read it as some kind of phased moving ability a bit like the Assassins stealth. I had seen the Siren in the trailers lifting people into the air but didn't know what the ability was called.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 26. Sep 12, 15:16

The game is shiny explosions and blood everywhere fun.

Borderlands 1 wasnt shiny, wasnt explosions everwhere, and didnt have the pools of blood as this one. Borderlands 2 is super violent and sometimes seizure inducing.

It's not a ground breaking FPS. It just does almost nothing that normal shooters do. It doesnt take itself serious and makes fun of you if you do. The story is fun so far.
But then, mainstream shooters have been beating the dead horse for several years now. Last good shooter was AVP2 (and I still stand by it)

StarSword wrote:
StarSword wrote:(Wave if you guessed what I was referring to.)
Seriously? Nobody else here has read DM of the Rings?
Now that you mentioned it :)

Memnoch wrote:I started playing it today, as I have been busy with Torchlight 2, as an Assassin. I'm finding I'm not using his stealth ability all that much which is a shame. A few hours in I considered switching to another character such as the Commando as it looks like he has some kind of deployable turret which could be fun. That's kind of how I played the original game.
I use it all the time. It has a very short cooldown.
It's very tactical skill however. Good at getting into places without getting shot at, or going around into more tactical position. If you crit, the bonus damage is nice to take almost anything down to little hp.

I have successfully dodged hordes of enemies and boss attacks with that skill. As well as healed my down-ed team mates.

It's not phaseshift however, so you can still get shot at.

Commando, that I also play, is different play style. The turret works either as distraction or an obstacle between you and enemies, while you snipe or explode them. That ability doesnt make Commando as mobile though, compared to Assassin.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Thu, 27. Sep 12, 00:03

Just finished my first playthrough. Level 31 Siren.

Without spoiling anything, I will say there is an endgame challenge.

Kind of a spoiler:
Spoiler
Show
It seems Gearbox has set the plot up for many more sequels, not on Pandora. It was a smart move not relating the title of the game to Pandora in any way - allows Gearbox to move the plot wherever they like.
Can't wait for BL3 already!
Edit: BL2 for me has been wayy more fun than BL1. It just seems like everything in the game has revolved around the word "awesome". Perfect mix of gore, guns and humour. So fun to play.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Thu, 27. Sep 12, 11:12

A screenshot of the final boss, potential spoilers so don't look if you don't want to know what it looks like!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... ideModal=1

Currently my desktop background too.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Fri, 28. Sep 12, 15:34

Level 31? I think my character got to 21 so I hope I have a ways to go before end game.

On another note, I had been using the same weapons for quite a while, as I'm sure a lot of people do. But it's nice when a couple of gems turn up. An E powered rifle and a bog standard white gatling rifle that firex exploding rounds...lots of exploding round! I eats through ammo at an alarming rate but it's the fastest weapon I have seen so far for tearing through hordes of enemies.

I can't wait to see what will top this later on.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Fri, 28. Sep 12, 17:15

Memnoch wrote:Level 31? I think my character got to 21 so I hope I have a ways to go before end game.

On another note, I had been using the same weapons for quite a while, as I'm sure a lot of people do. But it's nice when a couple of gems turn up. An E powered rifle and a bog standard white gatling rifle that firex exploding rounds...lots of exploding round! I eats through ammo at an alarming rate but it's the fastest weapon I have seen so far for tearing through hordes of enemies.

I can't wait to see what will top this later on.
I found level progression slows down a fair bit through the 20's.
Bare in mind I didn't do many side missions either.

During the final area I found a rifle with a clip size of 28, exploding rounds and only 1 ammo per shot. Did 1000 damage per shot!

Didn't actually use it for the final fight itself, used a pistol that I got from the Sanctuary gold loot chest (which I opened at lv 30). Had a clip size of 52 and done 700 damage per shot. Didnt make it an easy, though.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 23:02

I've been getting these random lockups in game. I might be playing for an hour or 5 minutes. Totally random. I tried turning of FXAA and I haven't had a single lockup. This is with an Nvidia 580 and the latest non-beta drivers.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 01:29

I'm using a 580, I've had no lockups (think I am using a fairly old driver though).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 22:36

Well it looks like I didn't fix it after all. Just been playing for about an hour, roaming Oppurtunity and game hung mid snipe. Played it for ages at the weekend with no problems. Truly an annoying problem.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Tue, 2. Oct 12, 17:32

I'm trying to get this to run on my Ubuntu laptop, but well: http://i45.tinypic.com/21kcim9.png

Can anyone think what might be causing this? It's completely unplayable.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,

Return to “Off Topic English”