Silent storm problem

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

Silent storm problem

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 12. Nov 03, 19:32

Please help... I'm having problem with Silent storm editor. When i try to start the program error pops up:

CANT OPEN "MSSQLSERVER" SERVICE:
The specified service does not exist as an installed service

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Please help..............

becketvelar
x2

Post by becketvelar » Wed, 12. Nov 03, 20:11

:? :? :?

I am curious as to wonder why we would have the answer here in th off topic forum for the game X2. I would hazard to guess you may find more complete answers in the Silent Storm technical forum. I could be wrong. You may also wish to consult with a magic eightball.

B
I must drink my beer. Beer is the mind killer. Beer is the little death that leads to obliteration.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 12. Nov 03, 20:34

becketvelar wrote::? :? :?

I am curious as to wonder why we would have the answer here in th off topic forum for the game X2. I would hazard to guess you may find more complete answers in the Silent Storm technical forum. I could be wrong. You may also wish to consult with a magic eightball.

B

Well this is OFF topic, that means no x2 or any space sim...
SS is NOT a space sim...

becketvelar
x2

Post by becketvelar » Wed, 12. Nov 03, 20:57

Oh there is no question that this is an off topic post. My question is, have you tried the Silent Storm forum for technical support. I would think that they would have the answer right away for you. I dont know how much tech support you would get for a game that is
1. Not by the same software company
2. Not by the same producer
3. Not in the same genre

That is all I meant by my post. You may get lucky and get an answer to your question. I was merely suggesting a quicker route to assist you with your problem.

B
I must drink my beer. Beer is the mind killer. Beer is the little death that leads to obliteration.

becketvelar
x2

Post by becketvelar » Wed, 12. Nov 03, 21:02

Out of the kindness of my heart I was able to pull this for you. Primarily because I am kind beyond words and bored out of my skull.

B

http://forum.nival.com/showthread.php?s ... sql+server

And this

http://forum.nival.com/showthread.php?s ... sql+server

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 12. Nov 03, 21:48

Now you have the answer to your own question becketvelar. E1 posted the question here because there is usually someone willing or able to answer. This time it was you. ;)

becketvelar
x2

Post by becketvelar » Wed, 12. Nov 03, 22:01

I know CBJ but again I found both those answers not from my own noggin but from the tech support forum for Silent Storm. I merely pointed out the fact that he could have done this himself to ensure finding the answer. You must forgive my curtness but all day long I have been answering questions from people who do not wish to look up the answers themselves(my coworkers). Thus when I see something like this I answered sharply. E1 I do apologize for my shortness and hope that the information I gave you assisted you.

B

Howlingmad
x3

Post by Howlingmad » Thu, 13. Nov 03, 03:22

And I thought you were just a slap happy gentleman becketvelar.

I'm pleased and horrified at the same time, that there is a very serious side to you.

Oh well me, Sagan and AJ will soon knock you into shape. Teseract probably, but it's still a shape. :D
What no sig or avatar. I wonder why?:(

Return to “Off Topic English”