EBAY selling

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gary Bolton

EBAY selling

Post by Gary Bolton » Tue, 4. Nov 03, 19:50

Has anybody ever sold anything on ebay, one of my mates at work says he has sold loads of things on EBAY.

But being the kind of person he is in always looking for a money making racket. He went and bought something of ebay himself, then made other copies of that item, and tried to then start selling the same thing himself over and over to people there, thinking he was onto a money making scheme. Until they banned him because they said he was trying to sell something there that was already copyrighted by another person there. FOOL!

Anyway I've got loads of stuff to sell like "MS MKII Forcefeedback joystick", Two graphics cards and more etc.

Would just like a bit of info about EBAY really.
DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 4. Nov 03, 19:59

I've only sold once - my old 5900 Ultra.

The whole experience was pretty painless. I already had a Paypal account (from my X2 pre-order :) ) so that made it easier. I set a reserve, opened the auction up for 7 days and let it run. Ichose to include postage in the price (did it free from work anyway).

I got quite a few e-mails asking for more information, i.e. why I was selling etc and in the end, sold privately to someone who offered me a price to close the auction there and then. No hassles at all. I think eBay ended up charging me about £4, most of which was for the reserve price and photos that I included in the auction.

If you're not sure, then try it with something small and see how it goes.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Gary Bolton

Post by Gary Bolton » Tue, 4. Nov 03, 20:08

Ah "PAY PAL" you say!

Does this mean I would have to give my bank acount details to them? Not a fan of PAY PAL after reason many articles. One were it says they keep you information on record, unlike other secure forms of paying for things.
DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 4. Nov 03, 20:19

If you decide to use Paypal then yes. But I've never had any problems - anyway, you can just open a new account in 2 minutes online these days.

If you're not using Paypal, then just look for other methods of accepting payment, i.e. a buyer posting a cheque to you and you waiting for it to clear before posting the goods. I was happy to use Paypal, as the way I saw it, I am the one advertising and selling my product, so I wanted to make it as easy as possible for someone to buy it.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

ElectricMonk
x3tc

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue, 4. Nov 03, 22:30

Selling things on eBay consists of the following steps:

1) Advertise product. Pay eBay for the priveledge.
2) Watch people bid.
3) Email the winner.
4) Get them to pay (personal cheques are best, you can wait for them to clear to make sure you get paid, and a cheque can be cancelled if things go wrong).
5) Send goods.

It's all very painless and easy. Essentially it's a private transaction with eBay acting as a way of advertising, though it can be a little more in-depth.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Wed, 5. Nov 03, 01:38

Actually I just sold my first item today- Its my warhammer stuff. Its selling for about 150 dollars at the moment. Take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3153215624

The set up was easy and fast, but they do take a chunk of your profitssss out in the end. (my total was around 22 dollars) But the item sold relativly fast and if you give good discriptions and pictures and "advertise" a little it works out. (especially if the thing you are selling isn't cheap- like my stuff)

Oh and thanks ElectricMonk again- that info is really useful as I am just at the part of declaring the winner, and I wasn't sure what to do after the auction was over! :D

Oh and this line sums up Ebay the best I think:
ElectricMonk wrote: It's all very painless and easy. Essentially it's a private transaction with eBay acting as a way of advertising, though it can be a little more in-depth.

ElectricMonk
x3tc

Post by ElectricMonk » Wed, 5. Nov 03, 02:19

np :)

Return to “Off Topic English”