Are you fed up with FL ? wanna swop to GTA VC ?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

Are you fed up with FL ? wanna swop to GTA VC ?

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 23:25

PM :)
Last edited by Deleted User on Fri, 31. Oct 03, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

JadeNova
x3tc

Post by JadeNova » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 08:36

Have you tried the jolt.co.uk server for Freelancer online? It is a roleplaying server now and has given the game a new lease of life for me. :)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 19:00

Woops just read my post again it's not very clear, i have GTA VC and want to swap it for FL as i only played the demo :)

Nuwanda

Post by Nuwanda » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 08:37

hmm....yeah, me too....if anyone wants a copy of vice city, im willing to exchange it for FL..
ps. box and manual included, cd in jewel case....pm :)
(sorry for intruding rob! :) )

nobbystyles
x4

Post by nobbystyles » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 11:29

but freelancer is pretty garbage. there is tonnes more stuff to do in VC.

I playe dit and got bored pretty quick.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 11:47

Yep there is a lot to do in VC, i am very impressed with the game overall but it's not my kind of game.

FL could fill the time till X2 appears !

nobbystyles
x4

Post by nobbystyles » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 11:53

well in VC there are lots more places to exlore and general lots mor things to do. all you really get to do i freelancer to find secrets is turn ont he map and look at the patrol paths and if you see several lines converging i means there is some sort of jumphole or base out there. I was in the hnshu system and there is a huge minefield thats left over from some war and if you sit thre you can watch the AI patrol ships fly straigt into them. continual streams of ships get destroyed because they dont know to avoid the mine field.

JadeNova
x3tc

Post by JadeNova » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 12:43

Hmm played the demo did you? :wink:

Any one that has played the real game right through would tell you that, that is an extremely untrue and unfair review of a flawed but pretty good, fun game.

Yes it was not what people expected, yes it was lacking in a number of areas.

But it was also a lot of fun, had a great but short story and saying that VC had more to do and explore is simply a load of rubbish.

As for longevity folks should really try out jolt.co.uk for an RPG server that can extend your gameplay experience by hundreds of hours.

Sure when X2 gets released it goes back in the box but until that time it is a fun way to wait. :)

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 17:25

JadeNova wrote:Hmm played the demo did you? :wink:

Any one that has played the real game right through would tell you that, that is an extremely untrue and unfair review of a flawed but pretty good, fun game.

Yes it was not what people expected, yes it was lacking in a number of areas.

But it was also a lot of fun, had a great but short story and saying that VC had more to do and explore is simply a load of rubbish.

As for longevity folks should really try out jolt.co.uk for an RPG server that can extend your gameplay experience by hundreds of hours.

Sure when X2 gets released it goes back in the box but until that time it is a fun way to wait. :)
Have to agree with you. FL was flawed, but fun to play. Best description would be a Hollywood summer speciel effects film: e.g. indipendance Day.

While I loved VC, once the missions are done there is nothing to keep me playing the game (same with FL).

That said, motorbike stunts in VC are great. I have yet to use any of the mods for FL but some of them are supposed to be great. There is also a growing number of GTA3/VC mods.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Kronos Orcrist
x2

Post by Kronos Orcrist » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 21:43

JadeNova wrote:Have you tried the jolt.co.uk server for Freelancer online? It is a roleplaying server now and has given the game a new lease of life for me. :)
Any chance of post a link or somethin just bought the game not so long ago to keep me busy untill x2 comes out :D
[ external image ][ external image ]
I WANT MY CHOC CHIP COOKIE!!
Having money only means you'll spend it!

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Sat, 1. Nov 03, 23:12

nobbystyles wrote:but freelancer is pretty garbage. there is tonnes more stuff to do in VC.

I playe dit and got bored pretty quick.
Yeah! I load up VC and theres many different things to do. Racing, plain shoot em up, dirt trials, helicopter simulation and more...

FL may well be passable but I'd still stick with VC thanks!

JadeNova
x3tc

Post by JadeNova » Sun, 2. Nov 03, 01:20

Any chance of post a link or somethin just bought the game not so long ago to keep me busy untill x2 comes out
Just go to multiplayer while you are online and you will find it in the list of servers click and away you go. You may have to wait for a little while this server is in big demand. :D

Kronos Orcrist
x2

Post by Kronos Orcrist » Sun, 2. Nov 03, 18:16

JadeNova wrote:
Any chance of post a link or somethin just bought the game not so long ago to keep me busy untill x2 comes out
Just go to multiplayer while you are online and you will find it in the list of servers click and away you go. You may have to wait for a little while this server is in big demand. :D

:D oakey doke thanks :D

(Kronos without :spam: )
[ external image ][ external image ]
I WANT MY CHOC CHIP COOKIE!!
Having money only means you'll spend it!

Return to “Off Topic English”