Whatever pt 2 (PICTURES) UPDATE

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Selling prints of my work to order?

Yes, good idea
42%
No, bad idea
25%
Another suggestion (plz specify)
33%

Total votes: 12

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 07:30

Rusti, try looking for "Carlos Ezquerra"--I believe that's how you spell his name, although it's a long time since I read 2000AD (and even longer since I read one with his artwork in it).

Hugoz
x3tc

Post by Hugoz » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 10:15

Hey try looking at this

http://www.gamespot.com/features/homewo ... ens/01.jpg

From Alex Garden (Relic)

8)

GEN-Nation
x2

Post by GEN-Nation » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 10:19

What u ever want 2 do ... make it great :D

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 13:27

Individual pieces no, to be be brutally honest they ain't good enough, I agree they are cool but they ain't that cool that I would want to spend money on a B&W sketch of a single object no matter how pretty.

make a short story (even a single page comic book thing) or a multi ship battle extravaganza, then we may be talking.

Sketch art is valued if 1) its by someone famous, 2) its really ubber good, (ubber good has serious requirements, nothing you ain't capable of though).

as my art teacher told me when I handed what I thought was a perfect likeness for a sparrow hawk (in pencil) in as homework.
'The bird is nice, very good feathering, the shade and light on the eye is superb, but I'm giving you a B- because a bird doesn't live on a white page it lives in the country side.'
basicaly the background is as important as the foreground

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 18:08

f`kin art teachers and their sheer ineptitude is why the tate gallery is constantly filled with the work of talentless arseholes who need to explain what a stained pair of knickers or a dead and diced animal means to THEM.

burn all art teachers on a pire of piss stained mattresses

now thats what i call ART.

THERES SO LITTLE TALENT IN THE PUBLIC GAZE NOWADAYS.

cappedup
x4

Post by cappedup » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 19:04

you shouldnt be scared of what you dont understand Rimmster

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

chrishillproduction.com

Gary Bolton

Post by Gary Bolton » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 19:13

cappedup wrote:you shouldnt be scared of what you dont understand Rimmster
:lol:
DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 19:36

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. wrote:f....... 'Burn tate Burn'
:lol:

na my art teacher wasn't a 'ART' teacher just an art teacher, he was a fantastic painter himself (not moderm art blap either) water or oils.
if you've seen 'The Joy of Painting' on Home and Leasure shave the afro off add a beard and you got me old art teacher :D

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 21:25

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. wrote:f`kin art teachers and their sheer ineptitude is why the tate gallery is constantly filled with the work of talentless arseholes who need to explain what a stained pair of knickers or a dead and diced animal means to THEM.

burn all art teachers on a pire of piss stained mattresses

now thats what i call ART.

THERES SO LITTLE TALENT IN THE PUBLIC GAZE NOWADAYS.

Yeah! i agree u tell em Rimmster. A dead cow in cooking oil isnt my idea of art. Nor is a blank white room or a soiled bed.

Tate Modern is Tate ***t
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

http://rustiswordz.blogspot.com/

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 21:32

I think art lessons should bemore about the technical aspects of painting, sculpture etc - so you know HOW to do what is in your head. Also, study of the classics in art, but it should primarily be about encouraging creativity in the way that the artist(s) feel they should.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 22:21

esd wrote:I think art lessons should bemore about the technical aspects of painting, sculpture etc - so you know HOW to do what is in your head. Also, study of the classics in art, but it should primarily be about encouraging creativity in the way that the artist(s) feel they should.
i`m all for creativity...onward and upward as it were.

but when they stand there ranting off an hours worth of bollix about whats obviously a mishmash of gibberish i just go nutso.

if they had any talent other than the art of bullshute i would applaud them,but they have nothing of substance and the "art" they produce is just tangled trash a few days later.

theres a guy who painted a lancaster vs fokker wulf scene for a base commander and i could never stop staring at it because the more you stare the more detail is revealed.

now thats talent,..but theres bound to be some git out there will draw a stick plane and say its an expression of thier childhood enveloping the concept of charlism and the theorys of splungo the indecent.

i could easily disembowl them and string it up like tinsel.

but is it art?... :lol:

Return to “Off Topic English”