i'm learning.......C

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 21:36

pjknibbs wrote:TD, you need to edit your code--in the actual code block you have cin>>a, not cin>>number! The code you posted there (a) won't compile because the variable "number" doesn't exist and (b) would give ambiguous results if it DID compile...
Thanks for pointing that out. At first I starting using number, but then I switced to a, so that it would be more like pointer88's code. Fixed. :)

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 22:00

JadeNova wrote:Where do you guys learn all this stuff, we never had these options when I was in College. :(

I just finished HTML and have begun PERL and it's driving me crazy. I already have a job so I'm doing it through evening classes.

I'm having to take additional classes just for the maths cause I never went beyond high school maths. :)
Suprisingly, I didn't learn it in college. (not that far yet!) I took C++ for 2 terms at my High School. It was pretty cool and we had a really awsome teacher who tried to teach us everything so that we could make some cool C++ video games and be far ahead when we got into college. This year I will be competing in High school C++ competitions at the state, and (hopefully!!!) national level. We are offered C++ (2 terms), Java, (3 terms, including an AP course), HTML (1 term), Visual Basic (1 term), and although not a programming language, Cadd (1 term). I am still taking the java clasess though, not quite done with them yet.

Oh, and I'll see if I can get some of my C++ games posted up on here, along with the source code. Hey pointer88, did you get your problem fixed? I just remember that it has to be right smack on your hard drive and the folder has to be called TC. Its been a while, so I can't remember how to fix it exactly.

Return to “Off Topic English”