What would you do?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RustiSwordz
x2

What would you do?

Post by RustiSwordz » Wed, 29. Oct 03, 22:12

I got a 'friend' hes a nice enough bloke and he lives in the flat one floor down from me. But he sees me as some kind of surrugate mother, borrows my weights, I dont see em again. Let him borrow my video camers, (found out its 'safely' around his mates house.)

This guy texts me every hour asking for this and that and i like an idiot complies. He now want to put all his business files onto my computer so he can get rid of his laptop (which turns out not to be his anyway.)

Im one step away from telling him where to get off, but i cant bring myselt to cos he a mate. What would you do he driving me to distraction.
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

http://rustiswordz.blogspot.com/

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Wed, 29. Oct 03, 22:17

sorry to break the news but a mate he most certainly isnt.

he is what we would call a freindly ponce.

a ponce is easy to ditch

a freindly ponce needs a gentle touch as they tend to turn into instant enemies.

either ponce off him till he gets the message or "loose" the files in a format accident and see what the reaction is.

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Wed, 29. Oct 03, 22:24

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. wrote:sorry to break the news but a mate he most certainly isnt.

Begun to see that. I just slammed the door in his face and told him to stop leeching off me.
the is what we would call a freindly ponce.
i agree there.
a ponce is easy to ditch
this guy sticks to a wall like the remains of a dead fly.
a freindly ponce needs a gentle touch as they tend to turn into instant enemies.
if he does a punch to the face should work.
either ponce off him till he gets the message or "loose" the files in a format accident and see what the reaction is.

or tell him to get stuffed.
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Wed, 29. Oct 03, 23:02

sharp and concise...love it :lol:

i got an in law that ponces 40 to 60 quid a time from us,..
but an iritating git so 40 quid a month is cheap to see the back of him.

havent figured how to ditch the family ponce as its a bleeding minefield.

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Wed, 29. Oct 03, 23:31

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. wrote:sharp and concise...love it :lol:

i got an in law that ponces 40 to 60 quid a time from us,..
but an iritating git so 40 quid a month is cheap to see the back of him.

havent figured how to ditch the family ponce as its a bleeding minefield.
tell him to sort his own life out. if hes intellegent enough to leech 60 quid off you then hes intellegent enough to work. Or if he is intellegent enough to work in a better job.

Hmm 60 quid eh, sounds familliar. :roll:

To be honest i dont really like this guy i know: hes a pr*t. But hes a mate from the film industry ('mate' in a industry kind off sence) but industry or not i just want him to ***k off.
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Wed, 29. Oct 03, 23:42

Rusti,
this guy is a spungin git, tell him to **** off.
or if you wana be diplomatic about it,
offer to burn his stuff onto CD, but you ain't letting it out as a no dosh rent-a-office.

some people take a lend, then lend some more then it becomes takin the piss, this sounds like one such case.

just make it clear he needs to buy his own PC, or better buy yours :D then you can slip that upgrade in ;-)

If you let him use it, then their will come a day when he sais 'shit your at work tonight, oh man I need to get this done so badly, any chance I could borrow it' don't go there in 1st place.

to quote Grange Hill gang 'Just say NO!'

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

Post by AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 05:58

woahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

if hes in the industry your involved in then your stuffed.

every geek ,tit and moron has the chance to strike a lucky spot and he may be one.

even if its by meeting someone he knows then it can lead to major things for you.....so i suggest moderating him rather than fekkin him off down the swannee.

my £60 buncer a month turned up with william connelly once and that alone paid for the debts just to get to know the man.

so persevere...you never know.

but then again he could be a total waste of space and drag you down into the pit of poverty along with him.

toss a coin :wink:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 30. Oct 03, 12:06

Rusti, Rusti, Rusti [shakes head]

This guy is taking advantage of you big time.

I suggest the next time you see him you make it CLEAR to him that the goods he has of yours are to be ruturned within the next week!! PRONTO

tell him that as far as your concerned him lending your camera to his mate is way over the line.

Make it perfectly clear to him with stong words not language that you arn't messing about.

Don't bend, don't listen don't backdown.

And if he does not return your gear forthwith then use "the force ;)" if you can with him.

If this guy has means that make it impossible for you to intimidate him into returning your gear then you WILL have to make it clear that no matter what he does your going to stay on his case.

I'm 5'4" and nothing to look at but you wouldn't believe the amount of beefcakes i've made back down with just words!

It can be done.

This Vadervice was supplied free of charge ;)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Kronos Orcrist
x2

Post by Kronos Orcrist » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 00:03

LV's right chat toi him but be firm :twisted:
[ external image ][ external image ]
I WANT MY CHOC CHIP COOKIE!!
Having money only means you'll spend it!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 00:07

LV wrote:Rusti, Rusti, Rusti [shakes head]

This guy is taking advantage of you big time.

I suggest the next time you see him you make it CLEAR to him that the goods he has of yours are to be returned within the next week!! PRONTO

tell him that as far as your concerned him lending your camera to his mate is way over the line.

Make it perfectly clear to him with strong words not language that you arn't messing about.

Don't bend, don't listen don't backdown.

And if he does not return your gear forthwith then use "the force ;)" if you can with him.

If this guy has means that make it impossible for you to intimidate him into returning your gear then you WILL have to make it clear that no matter what he does your going to stay on his case.

I'm 5'4" and nothing to look at but you wouldn't believe the amount of beefcakes i've made back down with just words!

It can be done.

This Vadervice was supplied free of charge ;)
[slaps self for speeling atrocoties :D ]
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

cappedup
x4

Post by cappedup » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 00:52

crikey Rusti, youre going all 'Pointer' on us..! tell the geezer what you are already thinking and are waiting for us to tell you to tell him!

:wink:

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

chrishillproduction.com

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 00:52

I had to deal with a couple of these types myself. They're happy to use your things but they don't look after them, or they loan them to their mates (without consulting you)

When you get your stuff back... (usually a month later than you wanted it back by) it's not in the same condition when it left you. I stopped loaning my DVDs for this reason but also because I hate going through my collection and discovering the disc(s) I want to look at are with someone else.

The two people in question who used to borrow from me earnt more money than I do and adopted a "I don't have to buy this I can borrow it from my friend" policy. It becomes very much a one way friendship when that happens, which isn't really a frienship at all. Ie. - they only ever came round to use my stuff or ask a favour, never to see me.

Gary Bolton

Post by Gary Bolton » Fri, 31. Oct 03, 04:36

Tell him to F*** O**

and go pester sombody else. Before he's asking to sleep with you! :roll: He obviously see's you as a Mug for his own gains!
DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!

Return to “Off Topic English”