(/\)archild has returned...errmm...for a few

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Warchild
x4

(/\)archild has returned...errmm...for a few

Post by Warchild » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 07:57

Sorry its been so very long since anyone has heard from me. But as most of you know, I've been really busy since my knee surgery.
The knee is doing better than it ever has in the last 2 years...so thats a plus...but I'm home for a little while now. My contract with the last company I was leased to is over and I'm no longer going to be working with them...mores the pity.
I did notice that there is now a limit to the amount of smiles that you can add into a post...seems kind of an odd thing to do...but...ok. I seem to have missed something...ok...I know I missed something.
I take off for a few months to go to work and I come back to a limit on the smilies...what the bloody heck have you mates been up to while I've been gone??
Did you have a smiley war or something?
I'm afraid to ask if there is a limit on the size of the posts next...I might be even more disappointed.
Its odd to have moved several times (website wise) and managed not to have a limit on any of the smiles that one put into a post...then one day after a a hard few months of work to come home to see that there is now a limit to the smiles that we can now use.
I'm sure that someone will fill me in on this new one.
Every time I leave for work and come back, there is a new something that has gone awry or we've seemed to have losts. Whats the next step, losing the website altogether??
Anyway...I didn't come here to complain. I cam to catch up on the recent events. (Besides the smile limit)
I know that X2 was released...or is about to be released. can't wait to get my hands on that one.
I also noticed alot of new people that have made the forum their new home...thats always good to see.
:: Drifts back in thought ::
I remember when there were only a hand full of people and now...
Its good to see new faces...errm...siggies..you know what I mean.
Anyway...how has everyone been?
We haven't lost anymore people to the great void of reality have we?
I see that there are quite a few people that I remember from before that are still here...so I know that people might remember me...unless its been entirely too long and I've been forgotten...of course...
Seeing the old familiar (/\)archild plastered next to a new post might make a few people smile...I hope.
Anyway, I'll be around for the next few days. Have to so some serious company searching...need to find a company to lease onto...or get my own authiority and deliver goods on my own...and pay out alot of cash..
:: Shudders ::
Either way I'll be around.
Later mates
(/\)archild
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." -Mark Twain

P88
x2

Post by P88 » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 10:20

welcome bak laaaaa :wink:

ive just lost me job aswell :twisted: gonna go lookin for a shite one in a supermarket tommorow :shock:

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 10:41

:lol: I didn't lose me job...I had a contract to haul freight for a company. I chose not to renew it. It ws real and it was fun...but it wasn't real fun.
Had alot of problems with the company having clerical errors and such. Playing havok with my revenue, forgetting tomake insurance payments like we'd agreed to in the contract...stuff like that. I decided that even though I liked some of the other contractors, it wasn't worth while to be there anymore. Besides, I can track down my mates easily...got the tele numbers written down.
Alot of the problems are due to the new laws with the trucking industry here in the US. There are alot of new laws that are playing havok with indepenent contractors like myself and the company that I was leased to wasn't so much a bad company..I just don't see them in my near future and it was a hard time working with them. could never get home when I really wanted to.
As you noticed, this was the first post I've made in a long time. I've been on long haul that whole time. 2 months out isn't healthy for mind spirit or body and phone calls only do so much :wink:
I figured that since the contract was up, I just wouldn't renew it that way there is no hard feelings either way.
right? :lol:
Cheers...and good luck with finding a new job. I'd hire you...but I think the commute would be a bit long...and you'd have to have a class A license for the US and (as the companies are now dictating) you have to have at least 2 years exp. driving long haul...which really stinks. Kind of limits the younger drivers I'd like to hire.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover." -Mark Twain

Stealth
x2

Post by Stealth » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 10:58

It's always a good thing when a forum veteran returns :)

Now, for the major disappointments: X2 isn't out yet. Some claim it's not even near completion. Right now, I'd suggest steering clear from the main X-Forum, as grovel-threads pop up like shrooms after rain. Some say it's out Nov2003, some say Feb2004... all in all, it's not out. Yet ;)

P88
x2

Post by P88 » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 11:00

hehe my ex boss worked for a contractor and when one of his employees went behind his back and told the contractors the stuff he does by cutting corners when working(he had the system figured out) and then he even asked them for a full time job, mind you no one like this employee who went behind me boss' back and backstabbed him, we all knew he was a paedophile, how? when he would be driving us (he is 59yrs old btw) in the van and he seen a school girl in year 7 or 8(take note these are about 12/13yrs old), my god would he look? no he would stare and wink and smile at them, and you can only imagine what he did in the privacy of his own room when he got home :roll: *cough* even my boss thought he was a pedo too, hes neirly crashed the van a few times because of excessive staring at them, he once stared at my mates sister who is 11, she dresses up like a slut no doubt(mini skirt, long boots, tight top, make up etc...) plus he was the most sarcastic person ive ever met in my life and for that no one liked him, he took his job to seriously for instance, when my boss told him ok john you dont need to deliver all 2000 leaflets(when really we didnt need to do all 2000), john would say ok then, and when we eventually got to where we were delivering them, he would force us to do all 2000 while he would sit on his arse in the van doing god knows thinking about little girls, and drinking coffee, he liked to be in control when infact he was just another employee like me and my mate.

once when we were driving to carlisle(over 100 miles away :shock:) he seen a school girl and pulled over in the van and me and me mate were thinking wtf? he winded down the window and said hiya luv wanna get in the back of the van with me? me and my mate just looked at each other in a sick mood, this school girl COULDNT have been any older than 14 :shock: note; he is 59yrs old :lol:

anyway he is the biggest w*nker ive ever met :!:

onto tesco/sainsburys/morrisons etc..... 2morra :lol:

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 11:02

Welcome back Warchild :)

Not the best time to land though but at least you are on the right side of the planet to get the game.
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Thalass
x2

Post by Thalass » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 13:27

Warchild! Great to see you back, mate! I'll have someone put a few beers on ice for you at Cartel. :) The likes of you are always welcome there. Or at least while I'm around. I'm not the most observent of fellows. :P

Hope everything works out for ya, mate. Good to see the knee is on the mend! :D
Legitimate Businessman. Honest.

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 14:38

Long time no see. welcome back.

:p
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

cappedup
x4

Post by cappedup » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 21:50

hay hay! look who's still alive.. how does the knee cope with the driving..??

Order us a copy of X2 will you??

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

chrishillproduction.com

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 22:21

(/\)archild...I see that there are quite a few people that I remember from before that are still here...so I know that people might remember me...unless its been entirely too long and I've been forgotten...of course...

Nope! :) ....though for some strange reason I 'see' you as 'Cannonball'

(from the U.S. telly program way back...all about an American lorry (rig) driver) :D ....can't remember the actors name at the moment :gruebel:

Welcome back... :wink:

Oldman :)

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Tue, 21. Oct 03, 23:33

As for the knee holding up...well..sometimes it stings...but...I guess thats life. After the docs mucked about in there, I'm surprised it works at all LOL.
I'm not sure if I can even get the game by ordering it. As I understand, its not going to be released until november 2003 or feb 2004...I guess its all good though...I'll get UC when it comes out and then X2 when they finish playing with it. LOL
I'm not sure about the Tele program though. There was a movie called Canon ball run with Burt renolds that I seem to remember...crazy bloke. LOL
Then there was a program called BJ and the Bear...I remember there was a very old tele program called "movin' on" with Claude Akins I believe his name was...but I was very young then...don't remember too much about it. WOuld you be talking about "Smoky and the Bandit"? the old movie with Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed? (I only seem to resemble one of them when I'm traveling through OHIO LOL ...Lots of C.B. work there...very networked. :D)
I do manage to have fun while I'm out on the road...but I don't like to be gone for more than 30 days...of course...when I get back home...I do take a week off from work...or as long as I can stand it home before I get ansy(sp) Holidays are never really fun to be away though. I mean the bigger ones...like Thanksgiving and Christmas (Even though I don't celebrate Christmas), alot of the other drivers tend to get...weepy around that time when they can't be home and then we all get weepy and have dinner and complain about being promised home time during the holidays and not being there. (Note: Wiccans celebrate Yule)
But I try to be home for the kids as they like Christmas ans we celebrate it just for them...its really a commercial holiday anyway.
But all in all I do have fun...or at least I try.
I have to remember to get the pics of the trucks scanned and post them for you mates.
You know...the funniest thing...I've met more Brits and Australians over the last couple months while I've been on the road than I ever have...what gives? You blokes coming here to drive trucks?? :lol:
Cheers
(/\)archild

Torch
x2

Post by Torch » Wed, 22. Oct 03, 03:38

Warchild, nice to see you back. Always nice to see a older member back and posting.

Hoping your knee is getting better.

Oh, and the snow is coming to Worcester, very soon.

That'd make me get in my truck and drive south :)

Always good to see you about.

Be good, my friend.

Lisa
[ external image ]

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Wed, 22. Oct 03, 04:59

Greetings (/\)archild!

Welcome back it good to hear from you,so your back home again.I keep thinking your in New Mexico?

Anyways good to hear your knee is getting better as the last I heard from you ,they were just begining to cut on you.

Hope your few days at home are peacfull :D

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Wed, 22. Oct 03, 08:00

I may be home for a little while. I'm holding out for a really good offer :D
Hey, I have to make money and I believe that I'm good enough to go to the highest bidder...don't you think?
Like the moptto says..
" If the money's there...We do not care."
All kidding aside, I just want to find a home for my buisness to thrive.
They have to be on the ball and the have to have competative benifits and the like. You know...just like finding a regular job...except I have the final say on what my company hauls and what they don't...perks to being the boss :wink:
And whats up with the limit to the smiles??!!??
Did you guys really have a smiley war?? I was just kidding about that...What in the bloody blazes happened??!!
Did you mates throw a really big party while I was out or something and got grounded?? What gives??
Cheers
(/\)archild

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Wed, 22. Oct 03, 08:41

(/\)archild wrote: I'm not sure about the Tele program though.
(/\)archild
:D
I did a search....(it was buggin' me :roll: )

Paul Birch...'Mike Malone'
Steve Barringer...'Butch Malone'

Television series about 1959 early 60's

(Cannonball theme song): "Barrelin' down the highway, Wheelin' right along. Hear the tires hummin', Hummin' out a song. The rumble of the diesel, The shiftin' of the gears. The rhythm when he's rollin', It's music to his ears. Cannonball ! Cannonball ! Any kind of weather, Any time of day. When the rig is ready, He'll be on his way. He'll carry any cargo, He'll go anywhere. Name the destination, And brother, he'll be there. Cannonball ! Cannonball

It's the tune I remember :lol: :roll:

ps...Paul Birch starred in a few Sci-Fi films in the 50's

Oldman :)

Warchild
x4

Post by Warchild » Thu, 23. Oct 03, 12:20

Ok, That was a little before my time I think. I only remeber the old Tele programs like BJ and the Bear and Movin' On.
Then again..I remember Cartoons like Clutch car go and Speed and Speed Buggy LOL never had any truck ones though LOL.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 23. Oct 03, 12:25

its great to hear from you after such a while. I hope you get back to 110% health.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Rogue
x3tc

Post by Rogue » Thu, 23. Oct 03, 12:43

(/\)archild!

Ello matey, glad to see you're feeling better. It's damn good to see your face (Figuratively speaking) again. :)

We've missed you mate, welcome home.
Knock knock. Who's there? Zerg Rushhhhhhhhhhhh!
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Ace Rimmer
[ external image ]

Return to “Off Topic English”