mIRC

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HuSkY88
x3tc

mIRC

Post by HuSkY88 » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 18:19

hey whats up ppl...is there an mIRC channel for X3? that chat on the control panel takes me to some empty room. anyways let me know if there is a chat room on mirc, i would love to join...If there isnt i hope admins will create one...if there is one, plz let me know the network & the channel name...
thank you, bye

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 19:07

DevChat's always busy, but you need to be using Internet Exploit (sorry that should read Internet Explorer) for it to work. If you're using a different browser you'll be taken to the old chat room which is almost always deserted.

Don't know if anyone else has setup an X3 IRC room anywhere.

soimafreak
x2

Post by soimafreak » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 19:42

can't egosoft set up a ircd and err just use a java irc client on a webpage which will then work with any borwser and provide a irc interface for anyone.... pluse that solution allows for those that already have irc clients to conenct tot he server with those.
Flying around in my disco-mobile
[ external image ]

karvala
x3

Post by karvala » Sat, 10. Dec 05, 22:59

Yeah, that would be a good idea, and I'm a bit surprised they haven't already done it, especially now given the server upgrade. The forums are pretty busy, so I'm sure a chatroom here would get a lot of use.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 00:25

soimafreak wrote:can't egosoft set up a ircd and err just use a java irc client on a webpage which will then work with any borwser and provide a irc interface for anyone.... pluse that solution allows for those that already have irc clients to conenct tot he server with those.
I take it you didn't actually look and see if there was one then?
Go here using something that isn't Internet Explorer, and you'll get the Java IRC chat.

Most of us hang in Devnet though, which won't work through another client.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

soimafreak
x2

Post by soimafreak » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 01:06

yeah that place has always been empty though, what are the server details / chat room name?
[ external image ]

HuSkY88
x3tc

Post by HuSkY88 » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 03:25

i just tried using IE & it still took me to that empty chatroom...but anyways i dont wanna use that, i dont want to expose my ip...if it doesnt mangle my host i will not use...that is y i wanna use mirc, cuz then i can use a bnc to hide my ip...
but thnx for the help, too bad theres no irc chatroom

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 08:05

Have to say, it's about time Egosoft updated the DevChat to work in non-IE browsers, especially with browsers like Firefox gaining ground.

Da_Imp
x3tc

Post by Da_Imp » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 12:19

HuSkY88 wrote:i just tried using IE & it still took me to that empty chatroom...but anyways i dont wanna use that, i dont want to expose my ip...if it doesnt mangle my host i will not use...that is y i wanna use mirc, cuz then i can use a bnc to hide my ip...
but thnx for the help, too bad theres no irc chatroom
I honestly think that the XML chatroom is more secure when it comes to hiding your IP.

The empty chatroom is on some odd IRC server to which you can't connect with a regular IRC client, so even if that got used, not much chance you'll be able to hide your IP as I seriously doubt BNC's can connect to it.

Being an experienced IRC user, I can say that using a non-irc based chat is probably a good idea. Messing up IRC is easy. :twisted:

That said, I hope they update the chat soon so other browsers are supported, because I seriously detest IE.

HuSkY88
x3tc

mIRC EFnet chatroom for all

Post by HuSkY88 » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 22:33

Hey people, i have a channel on mIRC, efnet network...If you are interested you are welcome to join and chat...just to make it clear, nothing illegal is goin on in that chan, & i wont even tolerate anything illegal. I am just mIRC crazy and if anyone else is come on in...its always nice to have people with the same interest to chat with...especially X3, its a game which u can talk about for hours...
well here is the info on how to get there, well obviously u need mIRC client, which u can find at www.mirc.com

server: irc.efnet.net (or any other efnet server)
Port: 6667
Channel: #Reunion
so when u r on EFnet, do /j #reunion
My nickname is HuSkY on efnet, be free to msg me for assitance
Bye...

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 11:08

Vortec IRC is, in my opinion, a much better client than mIRC. Entirely free of course.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

soimafreak
x2

Post by soimafreak » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 14:19

let's not turn this into jibberish abotu sill irc clients.
well done on the efent one i'll pop in sometime maybe :)

anyway, any one that's anyone should be using telnet for irc....
[ external image ]

Da_Imp
x3tc

Re: mIRC EFnet chatroom for all

Post by Da_Imp » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 16:10

HuSkY88 wrote:Hey people, i have a channel on mIRC, efnet network
There's no such thing as having a channel on mIRC :D
It's IRC as in Internet Relay Chat. mIRC is just a popular client for it ;)

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 17:13

There is a FireFox beta DevChat: http://www.egosoft.com/x/questsdk/devchat2/chat.asp

Note, not everything is functional, one annoying thing might be that you probably will have to type "*exclamation mark*" a lot, depending on how often you use it ;).

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: mIRC EFnet chatroom for all

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 18:13

Da_Imp wrote:
HuSkY88 wrote:Hey people, i have a channel on mIRC, efnet network
There's no such thing as having a channel on mIRC :D
It's IRC as in Internet Relay Chat. mIRC is just a popular client for it ;)
yeah gets really annoying when everyone starts saying there on mIRC when they mean irc
and they dont understand when you say you dont use mIRC and start calling u a liar :P

i tend to jsut use my own client now, although its not finished yet :P

soimafreak
x2

Post by soimafreak » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 19:40

the fire fox one has a slight advantage .. i can nwo type and that's it :S
[ external image ]

Return to “Off Topic English”